The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 179 fields of study, approx. 10.000 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position as soon as possible of a
Technology Transfer Manager at the University Office Research Services and Career Development
Reference number: 12146
The Technology Transfer Office (TTO) team of the University of Vienna within the DLE Research Services and Career Development supports the transfer of knowledge and new technologies of the University to possible applications, usually through industrial partners in Austria and abroad.
About the University:
The University of Vienna, founded in 1365, is a comprehensive university, the oldest in the German-speaking world and one of the largest in Central Europe. The University of Vienna is the largest teaching and research institution in Austria with more than 90,000 students and more than 9,800 employees, 6,700 of whom are scientists and academics. The scientists and academics are concerned both with knowledge-orientated basic research and problem-solving applied research. One of the main objectives of the University of Vienna is to join the ranks of the leading research universities of Europe; therefore, it intends to support its researchers and to create the best-possible conditions for research and innovation. The Technology Transfer Office is a subdivision of the Research Services and Career Development department, which is responsible for the professional assistance and support of academic colleagues. Its main tasks include supporting scientists in raising third-party funds and managing large grants, exploiting and commercializing IP including negotiating collaborations with partners from industry, but also providing advice, support and training, especially for early stage researchers.
Duration of employment: 1 year with possible extension. We are looking for someone for a long-term engagement in our department. The advertised position is a permanent position with a fixed-term contract for the first year. It will be transferred to a permanent position after this period on mutual agreement.
Extent of Employment: 40 hours/week
Job grading in accordance with collective bargaining agreement : §54 VwGr. Iva, starting at 2,711 gross per months (14 times per year) with relevant work experience determining the assignment to a particular salary grade.
To expand the team, we are looking for a Technology Transfer Manager to support the team in the field of physics and related scientific fields in a variety of tasks, including:
- Evaluation of new technologies
- Monitoring and coordinating activities in connection with patent attorneys and offices, including filing and prosecution
- Contract negotiations with companies, in English and German language, relating to collaborations, technology transfer agreements and licenses, monitor and manage the execution of these contracts (fees, royalties, redistributions)
- Communication with funding bodies (e.g. FFG, AWS)
- Working with researchers to enhance commercialization of new university technologies
- Train and advise researchers and entrepreneurs of start-up projects in the management, protection and enhancement of University of Vienna's intellectual property
- Identifying commercial strategies for transferring technologies to industry, including commercialisation through translational funding or through spin-out ventures
- Participation in the strategic management of the intellectual property portfolio of the University of Vienna
What we offer:
- Diverse and interesting challenges within one of Europe's largest universities.
- An open, friendly, flexible and international work environment
- A salary commensurate with skills and experience (in accordance with the University's collective bargaining agreement)
- An opportunity to expand and deepen your knowledge in the field of technology transfer in the context of the University of Vienna, including external training courses and conferences.
- A completed University degree (MSc or PhD) in Physics, Engineering, IT or Mathematics is required, additional degree in IP law a plus
- Team player; client-oriented with good interpersonal skills
- Outstanding time management skills with ability to deliver to demanding deadlines
- Oral and written fluency required in German and English
- Great interest to establish oneself professionally in the field of technology transfer and to continuously expand expertise in this respect
- Experience in the field of technology transfer in academia or in a related function in industry is highly desirable
- Interest in the promotion of scientific research, contact with companies, commercial aspects related to technology transfer and intellectual property
- Excellent MS Office skills
For further information please contact Zinner, Lucas +43-1-4277-18224, Sanchez Romero, Inmaculada +43-1-4277-18246.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/ ). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Exhibition Curator, IST Austria, Austria, 22 days ago
Full Time (40h/w) – Limited for 1 year (extension t.b.d.) Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria € 2,800* gross/month IST Austria is growing. Grow with us! IST Austria is a growing international institu...
Visiting Professor, Faculty of Earth Sciences, Geography and Astronomy, Austria, 21 days ago
Open to new ideas. Since 1365. As a research university with high international visibility and a wide range of degree programmes, the University of Vienna is committed to basic research open to ap...
Assistant Professor In Developmental Neurobiology, Medical University of Vienna (MUW), Austria, 6 days ago
The Medical University of Vienna is one of Europe’s premiere institutions for biomedical and clinical research. We are looking for a highly qualified scientist in the field of preclinical research...
Head Of Science Education And Science Experience Center (Vista), IST Austria, Austria, 6 days ago
Full Time (40h/w) Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria / Home Office possible € 56,000* gross/year IST Austria is growing. Grow with us! IST Austria is a growing international institute for conducting...
Data Scientist / Computational Biologist, University of Salzburg, Austria, 17 days ago
Data Scientist / Computational Biologist Senior staff scientist (long-term) University of Salzburg, Austria The senior scientist will be part of the Computational Systems Biology group at the Univ...
Hr Services & Labor Law, IST Austria, Austria, 22 days ago
Full Time (40h/w) Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria / Home Office possible € 2,626* gross/month IST Austria is growing. Grow with us! IST Austria is a growing international institute for conducting...