At Professional Officers Division (POD), we bring our rich industry experience and technical skills into our work, creating a better physical environment where learning and innovation take place. We work with teaching programmes and innovation projects to improve the skills of our students and strengthen our industry and the wider community. The Technical Officer supports laboratory operation and laboratory maintenance; ensuring laboratories are in conducive condition to conduct laboratory classes.
- Perform daily housekeeping and maintenance to ensure safety, cleanliness, and tidiness of laboratories.
- Provide support in preparation of materials and setting up of experiments for laboratory classes.
- Provide support during laboratory classes and students’ projects.
- Provide support in operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Provide equipment training to laboratory users.
- Custodian for equipment in the laboratory.
- Perform procurement activities of common laboratory equipment, chemicals / ingredients, and consumables.
- Track and maintain inventory of laboratory equipment, chemicals / ingredients and consumables.
- Track and maintain laboratory documentation (Equipment Manuals, Risk Assessments, Safety Data Sheets, Service Report, Equipment Training records and other Safety certificates).
- Review Risk Assessment for equipment.
- Have a minimum Polytechnic Diploma preferably in Food Science, Food Technology, Chemical Process Technology, Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- Preferably with at least 5 years of work experience in food processing plants/ labs. Prior experience in food industries will be advantageous.
Senior Scientific Officer – Chemical Informatics, European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), Italy, 9 days ago
13 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) Research Field Chemistry » Other Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Italy Application Dea...
Senior Scientific Officer – Chemical Informatics, European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), Italy, 25 days ago
28 Aug 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) Research Field Chemistry » Other Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Italy Application Dea...
Position In Pesticide Analytical Food Chemistry (Experienced Chemist) Dtu Food, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 23 days ago
We are currently seeking a candidate to fulfil an open technical/administrative fulltime position at the National Food Institute, Research Group for Analytical Food Chemistry. Our Research Group h...
Research Engineer, SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (SIT), Singapore, 28 days ago
25 Aug 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (SIT) Research Field Biological sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1...
Doctoral Student In Physical Chemistry (Msca Cofund Project Prismas) (Pa2023/2760) , University of Lund, Sweden, 1 day ago
PRISMAS - PhD Research and Innovation in Synchrotron Methods and Applications in Sweden – is a new doctoral network training the next generation of 40 leading synchrotron experts and is co-funded ...
Doctoral Student In Analytical Chemistry With A Focus On Landscape Ecotoxicology (Pa2023/2891) , University of Lund, Sweden, about 1 hour ago
Analytical chemistry, which is one of the basic chemistry subjects, is about the characterisation of samples, i.e., to determine how samples are composed, what chemical compounds they contain and ...