Teaching Fellow in Drama and Theatre Arts - Arts and Law - 81618 - Grade 7 - (1900012R)
Department: English, Drama and American Canadian Studies
Location: University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
Full time starting salary is normally in the range £30,395 to £39,609. With potential progression once in post to £42,036 a year
Part time, Fixed term until 30th June 2020
Closing date: 6th August 2019
As a part-time (0.7fte) Teaching Fellow in the Department of Drama and Theatre Arts, you will be expected to deliver practical and classroom based teaching at undergraduate level and to participate in the department’s overall contribution to the School, College, and University. The post will include administrative duties. The successful candidate will have considerable relevant teaching and assessment experience and be committed to providing an excellent student learning experience.
It is expected that the post-holder will teach for around 14 hours per week and will also be responsible for some personal tutees.
Main Duties (as appropriate to the specific role and purpose)
• Teach courses at a range of levels within the specified subject areas to undergraduates, through practical and seminar-based teaching, in line with the School’s teaching objectives
• Contribute to the design of modules with other colleagues
• Plan and prepare own teaching, including guidance notes and handouts in accordance with the established objectives of the teaching programme
• Develop an approach to planning and reviewing own teaching
• Undertake full range of responsibilities in relation to supervision, marking and examining. (Summative assessment, including assessed work contributing to the final award – as a mark or as a credit – such as performances, essays or presentations, is
subject to validation by the academic supervisor
• Undertake personal professional development in teaching, including self-reflection on own teaching, using student and peer review feedback, to enhance own teaching and learning processes.
• Undertake management/administration arising from teaching.
• Contribute to Departmental/School teaching-related activities and teaching-related administration.
• Contribute to enterprise, business development and/or public engagement activities of manifest benefit to the College and the University, often under supervision of a project leader.
Scope of the Role (as appropriate to the specific role and purpose)
• Teaching within own subject area within an established teaching programme
• Contribute to enhancement of the student experience and/or employability
Skills and Experience (as appropriate to the specific role and purpose)
• A PhD in Drama and Theatre Arts
• Considerable experience of teaching undergraduate students in the areas of contemporary theatre and performance.
• Considerable experience of marking undergraduate work in Drama and Theatre Arts
• Ability to design and deliver module materials successfully
• Ability to assess and organise resources effectively
• Understanding of and ability to contribute to broader management/administration processes
Planning and Organising (as appropriate to the specific role and purpose)
• Plan and manage own teaching and tutorials as agreed by the Head of School or other academic supervisor.
• Manage administrative tasks related to own work.
Decision Making (as appropriate to the specific role and purpose)
• Teaching within an established teaching programme.
• Decide in consultation with the academic supervisor/mentor on the most appropriate way of undertaking the specified teaching, including the appropriate teaching methods for groups of undergraduates
• Assess and organise resources.
Internal/External Relationships (as appropriate to the specific role and purpose)
• Receive guidance from academic supervisor.
• Liaise on a regular basis with colleagues and students regarding teaching and advising students within own subject area.
• Participate in internal networks for the exchange of information and to form relationships for future collaboration.
• Liaise with external clients of the University or members of the public
For further information please contact Professor David Pattie via Telephone: 0121 414 5995 or Email: D.Pattie@bham.ac.uk
: Academic Non-clinical
: English, Drama and American and Canadian Studies
: 08.07.2019, 7:00:00 PM
Grade (for job description): Grade 7
Salary (Pay Basis)
Senior Legal Officer/Solicitor (Estates And Facilities), Birmingham City University, United Kingdom, about 6 hours ago
View All Vacancies Secretariat Location: Joseph Priestley Building Salary: £50,590 to £54,989 per annum Permanent Closing Date: Wednesday 23 October 2019 Interview Date: See advert Reference: 1...
Senior Legal Officer/Solicitor (0.6 Fte), Birmingham City University, United Kingdom, about 6 hours ago
View All Vacancies Secretariat Location: Joseph Priestley Building Salary: £50,590 to £54,989 per annum Part time Closing Date: Wednesday 23 October 2019 Interview Date: See advert Reference: 0...
Senior Widening Participation Officer (Maternity Cover), Birmingham City University, United Kingdom, about 6 hours ago
View All Vacancies Marketing and Communications Location: University House Salary: £31,872 to £34,644 per annum Fixed Term Closing Date: Sunday 27 October 2019 Interview Date: Wednesday 06 Novem...
R190438 Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer In Information Systems And Information Technology, Aston University, United Kingdom, about 13 hours ago
View All Vacancies Aston Business School Location: Aston University Main Campus Salary: £33,199 to £58,089 per annum Grade 8 to 10 Contract Type: Continuing Basis: Full Time Closing Date: 23.59 h...
Assistant Lecturer In Forensic Psychology, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
Application closing date 18/10/2019 Faculty / School or Service Faculty of Health and Life Sciences Salary £26,723 - £35,856 pro rata per annum Package As one of Coventry's biggest employers, we o...
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer In School Of Jewellery, Birmingham City University, United Kingdom, about 6 hours ago
View All Vacancies School of Jewellery Location: School of Jewellery Salary: £36,590 to £49,178 per annum pro rata Permanent Closing Date: Saturday 30 November 2019 Interview Date: Tuesday 10 De...