Sustainable Enterprise Manager
Full time / Permanent
Edinburgh Campus (any other SRUC campus considered)
£32,718 - £38,492 per annum Ref: ACF/REES/051/21
SRUC is unique in Scotland and one of the largest organisations of its kind in Europe. Our ambitious and exciting vision is to work at local, national and international levels, leading innovation and sustainable development in agriculture and rural sectors.
The Rural Economy, Environment and Society department, within SRUC’s Central Faculty, are looking to recruit a Sustainable Enterprise Manager to join the team. This exciting new role will support the achievement of the Enterprise Academy for the Rural and Natural Economy’s (the Academy) strategic objectives through the design, development, communication, and delivery of enterprising educational, business, KE and research learning experiences and projects at SRUC, across the UK and internationally.
Duties will include to:
- Conduct enterprise related teaching and assessment as a member of a teaching team in accordance with specified requirements
- Develop and progress individual or joint enterprise research objectives/projects
- Drive and engage in knowledge exchange / knowledge transfer enterprise activities
- Explore and understand the needs of enterprising learners and aspiring entrepreneurs to help them progress their aspirations
- Design, develop and deliver necessary enterprise training and support enterprise interventions for learners
- Represent the Academy, institution, and the discipline at local, national and international events
- Help build fruitful strategic relationships with partners within the enterprise, business, education and research eco-system to ensure that the Academy’s strategic objectives are met
- Take responsibility for the organisation and delivery of their work activities, the use of allocated resources and contribute to the wider organisation of the subject area and the Academy
- Be responsible for managing and communicating the Academy’s enterprise events programme with internal SRUC teams, external stakeholders and community
The successful applicant will have a Postgraduate Certificate/Diploma / Masters Degree (or equivalent qualification) in a relevant discipline, or equivalent experience, and be working (or willing to work) towards membership of an appropriate professional body (e.g. HEA).
Relevant experience in business or sustainability development, enterprise related education or a related field is essential. Applicants should possess sufficient breadth and/or depth of specialist knowledge of enterprise, business development and/or sustainability to work within established teaching/research programmes and will be expected to engage in continuous professional development, to enable progression.
Further details on the requirements of this role can be found in the Job Description document which you must read before applying for this role.
For further information and to apply, please follow the APPLY link
Closing date: 6 December 2021
Please note that CVs will not be accepted without a completed application form.
SRUC Leading the way in Agricultural and Rural Research, Education & Consultancy.
SRUC is committed to valuing Diversity, advancing Equality and respecting Human Rights throughout the organisation and encouraging applications from disabled people using the “Disability Confident Employer” symbol. SRUC is a member of the Athena SWAN charter.
SRUC. A Charitable company limited by guarantee, SC003712. Registered in Scotland No SC103046
Enterprise Messaging System Administrator Iv, Emory University, United States, 8 days ago
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contri...
Visiting Research Scientist, Nus Enterprise Academy, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, Europe, 15 days ago
Job Description The National University of Singapore is inviting Visiting Scientists for collaboration in the area of agritech and biotech. The successful candidate will actively conduct interdisc...
Researcher In Electrochromism, YD Ynvisible SA, Germany, 5 days ago
Ynvisible (www.ynvisible.com ) is a fast-growing international start-up company on the emerging field of Printed Electronics. Ynvisible has developed and brought to market proprietary printed elec...
Data Scientist (Algorithm Engineer) (Ktp Associate), Csee, University of Essex, United Kingdom, about 19 hours ago
Data Scientist (Algorithm Engineer) (KTP Associate), CSEE £34,100 - £45,250 per annum The School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering KNOWLEDGE TRANSFER PARTNERSHIPS Knowledge Transfer P...
Data Scientist (Machine Learning Engineer) (Ktp Associate), Csee, University of Essex, United Kingdom, about 19 hours ago
Data Scientist (Machine Learning Engineer) (KTP Associate), CSEE £34,100 - £45,250 per annum The School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering KNOWLEDGE TRANSFER PARTNERSHIPS Knowledge Tra...
Lecturer In Project Management, Coventry University, United Kingdom, about 22 hours ago
Lecturer in Project Management Faculty of Business & Law (FBL) Grade 7: £34,304 - £43,434 per annum As one of Coventry's biggest employers, we offer some pretty impressive benefits including an ex...