- Part-time (0.8 FTE), Continuing position
- Salary Level HEW 7 (pro rata) + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements
- Based at the Bundoora campus, but may be required to work and/or be based at other campuses of the University
Are you a passionate and skilled mental health professional looking to make a meaningful impact on the lives of university students? If so, we invite you to become a valued member of the RMIT Counselling and Psychological Services (CAPS) team. We are looking for AHPRA registered Psychologists or Social Workers who are members of AASW to provide vital support and guidance to our diverse student community.
As a Student Counsellor at RMIT CAPS, you will be an essential part of our mission to provide timely, clinically sound mental health support to students. Your responsibilities will include offering face-to-face and e-mode consultations, facilitating personal and educational transitions, and delivering outcome-informed interventions. You will showcase your exceptional assessment and clinical skills, especially when addressing serious mental health issues and crises. Additionally, your role extends to providing consultation and guidance to our dedicated staff members, ensuring that the entire university community is well-equipped to support student wellbeing.
We're looking for someone who:
- Possesses high-level competency in brief, outcome-informed counselling approaches, including strong assessment, intervention, and referral skills.
- Brings experience in working with high-risk students and managing complex mental health issues.
- Demonstrates an understanding of diverse student cohorts, including equity groups and international students.
- Embraces change, adapting to evolving work practices and digital technologies.
- Excels in collaboration and flexibility, utilising exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively within teams and provide valuable insights to staff.
- Exhibits a commitment to quality assurance, continuous improvement, and the use of technology for service provision and record keeping.
- Holds a deep understanding of and commitment to diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation.
- Postgraduate qualifications in Social Work or Psychology.
- Significant post-qualification experience in case management and counselling.
- Membership in the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) or registration as a psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children and National Police Check.
About the Students Group
The Students group shapes, designs and delivers key student services and experiences to prepare RMIT students for study, life and the global workforce.
We work in partnership with students, academics, professional staff, industry and the community to deliver transformative student experiences that improve access, participation, retention and success for all RMIT students.
Our objectives are to:
- Shape, co-create and inform an inclusive, safe, industry-engaged and global student experience
- Deliver impactful, connected service, care and development opportunities at scale, and to
- Engage, empower and value each other so that together we can make a difference.
We welcome a diversity of perspectives and are inclusive in our approach to work. We are aligned in our passion for having a collective and positive impact on the student experience at RMIT. Our team is comprised of talented and motivated people from a range of professional disciplines and backgrounds, at various stages of their careers and including RMIT students.
We are a values-led organisation and we value imagination, agility, passion, inclusion, courage and impact.
The Group is led by the Executive Director Students.
Please submit your CV and covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria for this position by clicking on the 'Apply' link below.
For further information about this position, please see the Position Description hyperlinked below.
Position Description - Student Counsellor (Bundoora Campus)
Multiple Positions Available:
We currently have two other Student Counsellor positions open:
- 1x Part-time (0.8 FTE) position based at Brunswick Campus (Fixed-Term until 26/04/2024).
- 1x Full-Time position based at City Campus (Fixed-Term until 27/09/2024).
For more details about these positions and to apply, please visit our RMIT Careers page and search for the corresponding JR number: JR24308.
Applications close on Monday 4 September 2023 at 11.59pm.
At RMIT, we are committed to supporting adjustments throughout the recruitment and selection process, as well as during employment. We actively support and encourage people with a disability to apply to RMIT. To discuss adjustment requirements, please contact Kassie (Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor), via email@example.com or visit our Careers page for more contact information - https://www.rmit.edu.au/careers
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
Front Office & Administrative Officer, RMIT University, Australia, 9 days ago
Overview: RMIT University Vietnam (RMIT Vietnam) is a campus of RMIT University. RMIT Vietnam is creating an innovative research, teaching and learning culture. We are committed to providing inter...
Digital Advisor, RMIT University, Australia, about 7 hours ago
Overview: About RMIT Vietnam RMIT is a global university of technology, design, and enterprise. We are global in footprint and even more importantly, we are global in mindset. We are committed to ...
Data Analytics Teacher, RMIT University, Australia, about 6 hours ago
Overview: RMIT Vietnam is looking for hourly Data Analytics Teacher to teach courses within Business stream at our Saigon South campus. Please click hyperlinks for full detail on courses: Foundati...
Associate Professor/Director, Creativity, Heritage & Society Research Hub, RMIT University, Australia, about 6 hours ago
Overview: RMIT University RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 96,000 students and close to 10,000 staff globally. The University’s mission is to h...
Associate Learning Designer, RMIT University, Australia, 6 days ago
Overview: RMIT Vietnam , an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for...
Hourly Rate Lecturer/Associate Lecturer Design Studies Hn, RMIT University, Australia, about 7 hours ago
Overview: RMIT VIETNAM RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognized, high-quality education and professi...