Open-ended contract, 35 hours a week
We are looking for a Stores Officer to join our award-winning Procurement team at the University of Edinburgh.
The Stores Officer will:
- provide excellent customer service to staff, students and external suppliers and maintain security and general appearance of the Stores facility and support contingency cover for other Stores in the University as required.
- ensure health and safety and safe manual handling at all times, ensuring radioactive and hazardous chemical and gas deliveries are dealt with appropriately and in accordance with relevant procedures and all necessary documentation is completed.
- process electronic requisitions, issue stock in store and arrange collection/delivery to end-users, ordering new stock as required and keeping accurate records.
- monitor stock levels, replenishing and managing stock to ensure customer demands are met and records are kept up to date.
- receive deliveries, check contents of packages against delivery notes, goods receipt on the system, scanning and filing electronic copies of relevant documents.
- issue/deliver goods to appropriate person, arranging logistics for delivery of large items to correct location.
Your skills and attributes for success:
- relevant work experience
- understanding of relevant Health & Safety legislation and compliance requirements and manual handling training and experience
- excellent customer service, good interpersonal skills and the ability to assess, apply initiative and judgement to resolve day-to-day problems independently
- good written, numeracy, oral and IT skills, good attention to detail and ideally have experience of working with stock management/e-Procurement systems
As a valued member of our team you can expect:
An exciting, positive, creative, challenging and rewarding place to work. We give you support, nurture your talent and reward success. You will benefit from a competitive reward package and a wide range of staff benefits, which includes a generous holiday entitlement, a defined benefits pension scheme, staff discounts, family friendly initiatives, flexible working and much more. Access our staff benefits page for further information and use our reward calculator to find out the total value of pay and benefits provided.
The University of Edinburgh holds a Silver Athena SWAN award in recognition of our commitment to advance gender equality in higher education. We are members of the Race Equality Charter and we are also Stonewall Scotland Diversity Champions, actively promoting LGBT equality.
If invited for interview you will be required to evidence your right to work in the UK. Further information is available on our right to work webpages.
The University is unable to sponsor the employment of international workers in this role. International applicants will therefore be unable to apply for and secure a Tier 2/Skilled Worker visa. They will only be able to take up this role if they can demonstrate an alternative right to work in the UK.
Hub Manager, Edinburgh Napier University, United Kingdom, about 4 hours ago
£40,322 - £49,553 (Grade 6) HUB Development Manager (Operations) – FTC (12 months), 4 days a week Edinburgh Napier University is the ‘#1 Modern University in Scotland’. An innovative, learner cen...
Technician Film And Journalism Full Time , Permanent, Edinburgh Napier University, United Kingdom, about 4 hours ago
Technician Film and Journalism - full time , permanent £26,715 - £31,865 per annum The School of Arts and Creative Industries at Edinburgh Napier University is seeking a new full time technician t...
Lecturer In Health Technologies, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 21 days ago
Lecturer in Health Technologies - Permanent Job reference 0000012724 Date posted 21/04/2021 Application closing date 19/05/2021 Salary £40,322 – 49,553 per annum (Grade 6) Package Exce...
Lecturer In Health Technologies Permanent, Edinburgh Napier University, United Kingdom, about 4 hours ago
Lecturer in Health Technologies - Permanent £40,322 – 49,553 per annum (Grade 6) Excellent benefits package Lecturer in Health Technology Innovation & Assessment Edinburgh Napier University’s Scho...
Associate Professor/Head Of Subject In Cyber Security And Networks, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
Associate Professor/Head of Subject in Cyber security and Networks Job reference 0000012576 Date posted 04/05/2021 Application closing date 07/06/2021 Salary GBP 51,034 - GBP 59,135 per ...
Associate Professor/Head Of Subject In Cyber Security And Networks, Edinburgh Napier University, United Kingdom, about 4 hours ago
Associate Professor/Head of Subject in Cyber security and Networks GBP 51,034 - GBP 59,135 per annum Excellent Benefits Package Associate Professor/Head of Subject in Cybersecurity and Networks -...