Location: University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham UK
Full time starting salary is normally in the range £27,511 to £30,046, with potential progression once in post to £33,797
Closing date – 20th September 2021
We are a full-service agency at the University of Birmingham. The work we do is across a variety of audiences, numerous clients and sectors – not only education but also arts and entertainment, B2B, charity and construction.
We deliver high quality, innovative solutions across creative, design, digital, media and in print.
This role is key to the agency’s success, developing multi-media creative ideas across a variety of disciplines for high profile and/or strategically important projects. The postholder will have a specialism in Media to lead our creative offering to respond to client needs now and in the future.
Summary of Role
This role is responsible for leading the generation of engaging, quality content across a variety of media including film, photography, drone, digital and social media with a specialism in animation and motion graphics. You will be responsible for the development of high end, complex animations and have advanced AfterEffects skills and play a key role in adding new technological advances to content created. (XR and 3D modelling experience is desirable.)
You will work with the internal creative team and external suppliers to create content, as well as producing content yourself. You will be passionate about creative, digital media and technology, keep abreast of the latest innovations and trends, continuously develop your skillset and pro-actively put forward ideas to support clients’ challenges.
Level of knowledge and/or educational qualifications required:
• A degree level qualification in a relevant area or equivalent qualifications or relevant equivalent work experience in animation and multi-media
• High level of experience in Motion Graphics, Animation, Storyboarding, film, Photography and editing including portfolio evidence of content production skills
• High level of experience in using Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro to create, edit and post produce content, including 3D cameras and Expression language
• Good understanding of web content accessibility guidelines (WCAG) accessibility regulations and creating with accessibility in mind so that all online content meets or exceeds AA legal accessibility guidelines
• Drone operation, XR and 3D modelling experience skills are desirable
• Significant proven experience in industry, agency experience is essential
• A passion for creating content for digital and creative media and continuously developing own knowledge and skillset
• Confident communicator, able to clearly convey complex ideas or technical details and sell them to the client and internally
• All round knowledge of video production processes, including in-depth technical animation knowledge
• All round knowledge of design processes, including in-depth technical knowledge and user experience
• Pro-active – researching new services/new ways of doing things and proven experience of implementing them
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a ‘can-do’ problem solving attitude to build and maintain positive relationships
• Knowledge of the protected characteristics of the Equality Act 2010, and how to actively ensure in day to day activity in own area that those with protected characteristics are treated equally and fairly.
Valuing excellence, sustaining investment
We value diversity and inclusion at the University of Birmingham and welcome applications from all sections of the community and are open to discussions around all forms of flexible working.
Senior Content Producer Digital Creative Media 97553 Grade 7, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom, about 20 hours ago
Senior Content Producer Digital - Creative Media - 97553 - Grade 7 - (2100022O) Description Creative Media, Department of External Relations Location: University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingh...
Donor Experience Manager Development And Alumni Relations Office 48674 Grade 7, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom, about 19 hours ago
Donor Experience Manager - Development and Alumni Relations Office - 48674 - Grade 7 - (210001U2) Description Position Details Development and Alumni Relations Office Location: University of Birmi...
Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer/ Associate Professor In Computer Graphics And Vision, Birmingham City University, United Kingdom, about 7 hours ago
View All Vacancies School of Computing and Digital Technology Location: Birmingham, City Centre Campus Salary: £37,505 to £59,880 per annum (Dependent on grade) Posted On: Thursday 07 October 20...
Apprentice Digital Marketing And Communication Assistant 98441 City Redi College Of Social Sciences, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom, about 19 hours ago
Apprentice Digital Marketing and Communication Assistant - 98441 - City REDI - College of Social Sciences - (210001ZW) Description Position Details City-REDI, Business School, College of Social Sc...
Library Support Assistant (Graduate Trainee) Academic Services 34567 Band 300, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom, about 19 hours ago
Library Support Assistant (Graduate Trainee) - Academic Services - 34567 - Band 300 - (210001WX) Description Position Details Academic Services Location: University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmi...
Assistant Professor In Public Health Education Or Research And Education Applied Health Research 98200 Grade 8, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom, about 19 hours ago
Assistant Professor in Public Health - Education or Research and Education - Applied Health Research - 98200 - Grade 8 - (210001W4) Description Position Details Institute of Applied Health Researc...