Title: Special Scientist for Research (Research Engineer)
No. of Positions: One (1)
Category: Employment contract
Location: University of Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus
The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence (www.kios.ucy.ac.cy) at the University of Cyprus announces one (1) Special Scientist position (Research Engineer) focusing on supporting the R&D activities of the KIOS CoE industrial partner, for full-time employment.
Who we are:
The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence is the largest research center at the University of Cyprus and in 2017 was upgraded to a European Research Center of Excellence through the KIOS CoE Teaming project. Currently, the Center employs more than 170 people who are supported by externally funded research and innovation projects. The KIOS CoE operates in a diverse environment as an equal opportunity employer.
What we do:
KIOS provides an inspiring environment for carrying out top level research and innovation in the area of Information and Communication Technologies, with emphasis on the Monitoring, Control and Security of Critical Infrastructures. Such infrastructures include power and energy systems, water networks, transportation networks, telecommunication networks and emergency management and response. The Center instigates interdisciplinary interaction and promotes collaboration between industry, academia, and research organizations in high-tech areas of global importance.
Why work at KIOS:
You will have the opportunity to work on various high-profile projects with great impact on the community end the environment, not only in a local but also in a global scale.
In KIOS we strive to create a multicultural, diverse and inclusive workplace and we strongly support the continuous personnel evolvement and development, both personally and professionally, to fulfill your long-term goals. We offer internal and external professional training, covering both technical and soft skills, to suit yours and the Center’s needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate is expected to work on the following:
- Collaborate and communicate with R&D project teams (internal and external) to track progress
- Create frequent reports and presentations related to the projects’ progress/new developments
- Be up to date with relevant EU and National research calls and R&D opportunities
- Assist the legal representative of the industrial partner in the execution of their duties
- Contribute towards the development of the organization’s project management process
- Any other duties related to the industrial partner’s R&D which will be agreed in advance with KIOS CoE
Profile of the ideal candidate:
- Problem solver
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Flexible and eager to learn
- Able to adapt in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Proactive in identifying areas of inefficiency and provide solutions
- Good communication, organizational and self-management skills
- Good documentation and reporting skills
- Very good knowledge of the Greek and English language
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s and Master’ s degree in Electrical Engineering or other relevant field from an accredited institution.
- Previous experience in applied research in the field of power/energy.
- Previous experience in project management will be considered an advantage.
The position is on a contract basis. Initially, a one-year contract will be offered, which is renewable based on performance. The gross monthly salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and experience and will be between €1500 - €2500. From this amount, employee contributions to the Cyprus government funds will be deducted. The 13th salary bonus is incorporated in the monthly salary. Maternity leave will be granted based on Social Insurance Laws from 1980 until 2012.
Interested candidates should submit the following items online through the link: https://applications.ucy.ac.cy/recruitment
- Cover letter explaining the interest of the applicant in pursuing a career at the KIOS CoE, along with employment availability date
- Short summary of prior work experiences, activities and accomplishments (can be combined with the cover letter) (2 pages maximum)
- Copies of transcripts of BSc/MSc or other degree(s)
- A detailed curriculum vitae in English or in Greek
- Identify at least two referees that can provide reference letters.
The University of Cyprus shall collect and process your personal data according to the provisions of the General Regulation on Personal Data 2016/679 (EU).
The applications should be submitted as soon as possible, but not later than Friday, 29th of July, 2022, at 5 pm. The evaluation of the applications will begin immediately. Candidates will be informed of the result of their application by the KIOS CoE.
For more information, please contact the KIOS Center of Excellence, by phone at +357 22893460 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Project Manager (44663), Springer Nature, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
Project Manager Locations: London, Dordrecht, Heidelberg or New York Hybrid working Business Area and Mission The goal of the Publishing Performance and Intelligence Group (PP&I) is to help de...
Change & Innovation Manager (44601), Springer Nature, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
Change & Innovation Manager Locations: London, Dordrecht, Heidelberg or New York Hybrid working Business Area and Mission The goal of the Publishing Performance and Intelligence Group (PP&...
Senior Product Manager (44602), Springer Nature, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
External Job Description Required. Senior Product Manager Locations: London, Dordrecht, Heidelberg or New York Hybrid working Business Area and Mission The goal of the Publishing Performance and I...
Senior Lecturer In Global Population Health , Imperial College London ;, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
Location: Charing Cross Campus, Hammersmith, London Job Summary Applications are invited for the post of Senior Lecturer in Global Population Health within Imperial College’s School of Public Heal...
Senior Lecturer In Global Population Health, Imperial College London, United Kingdom, about 22 hours ago
Job description Job summary Applications are invited for the post of Senior Lecturer in Global Population Health within Imperial College’s School of Public Health (SPH). As a Senior Lecturer, you ...
<! Anchor > <! Anchor > Production/Qc Radiochemist <! Anchor > , King's College London, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
We are seeking an enthusiastic and collaborative production radiochemist to join Dr Witney’s Group in the School of Biomedical Engineering & Imaging Sciences, King’s College London. You will join ...