The Science & Technology Facilities Council (STFC)is a partner organisation within UK Research and Innovation (UKRI). UKRI is a new entity that brings together nine partners to create an independent organisation with a strong voice for research and innovation, and a vision to ensure the UK maintains its world-leading position in research and innovation.
At the Hartree Centre we want to see UK businesses outperform their global competitors. We want to grow the economy, create skilled jobs and train people to excel. We're making all this happen and more by helping UK industry to be at the forefront of technical innovation with the use of the latest Digital, High Performance Computing (HPC), Big Data and Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies. We have a technically exciting computing environment, encompassing a wide range of hardware and software. Our staff are key to our success and we value them highly.
Reasons our staff enjoy working for us:
- our state-of-the-art Sci-Tech Daresbury campus is lively and dynamic, co-locating a number of exiting high-tech SMEs and multi-disciplinary sci-tech collaborations
- located in a picturesque semi-rural location with easy access to canal-side and woodland walking
- your personal development is important to us. You will work with your line manager to develop your own Learning and Development plan each year including both technical and ‘soft’ skills
- flexi-time working is available
- an excellent benefit pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 26%
- 30 days annual leave plus 10.5 public and privilege days
- high profile collaborations with organisations such as Rolls-Royce, EDF Energy, Dyson, Jaguar Landrover, Bentley, BAR, Unilever, and Schlumberger.
About the role
We are looking for a talented and experienced software engineers to build Web applications and tools designed to meet our customers’ needs.
The role will require software development across the full stack, from front-end Web/user-interfaces to server-side components, and often requires integration with a range of underlying technologies such as Big-Data, HPC, AI and Cloud.
You will be involved in all stages of the project lifecycle, undertaking requirements gathering and planning, design and implementation and ongoing support.
Projects may last for few weeks or a few years and are usually delivered by a small team working closely with an industrial customer.
- building, testing and deploying Web applications, tools and services on cloud platform
- visiting clients and liaising with commercial partners to develop collaborations
- use case analysis and capturing user and functional requirements
- creation of high-quality documentation, reports and Web content.
You will have a background in software engineering, educated to degree level or equivalent in a computing related discipline.
We are looking for candidates with core skills in full stack Web and Enterprise application development.
Knowledge and/or experience in HPC, Big Data, AI related areas will be an advantage, but is not essential.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to include a cover letter outlining their suitability for this role.
Applications are handled by UK Shared Business Services, to apply please visit our job board at http://www.topcareer.jobs/Vacancy/irc248609_9243.aspx . Applicants who are unable to apply online should contact us by telephone on +44 (0)1793 867000.
The closing date for applications is 19th April 2019.
Senior Computational Biologist (Cruk/Jf), University of Manchester, United Kingdom, about 2 hours ago
Senior Computational Biologist – Computational Biology Support Salary in the range of £24,776 - £36,000 per annum (dependent upon experience) Job Ref: MI/19/42 Duration: Permanent position About t...
Lecturer In Innovation Management, University of Manchester, United Kingdom, about 3 hours ago
Alliance Manchester Business School (AMBS) seeks to hire a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in “Innovation Management". You will be expected to contribute to research, teaching and engagement as a m...
Senior Computational Biologist, Cancer Research UK (CRUK), United Kingdom, about 18 hours ago
Senior Computational Biologist • Salary in the range of £24,776 - £36,000 per annum (dependent upon experience) • Job Ref: MI/19/40 • Duration of role: Fixed term until 31st March 2022 About the r...
Principal Computational Biologist, Cancer Research UK (CRUK), United Kingdom, about 18 hours ago
Principal Computational Biologist Salary in the range of £31,334 - £43,000 per annum (dependent upon experience) Job Ref: MI/19/41 Duration: Fixed term until 19 January 2022 About the role: ...
Lecturer (Teaching Focused) In Modern British History, University of Manchester, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
The University of Manchester invites applications for a Lecturer (teaching focused) in Modern British History. You will contribute to established undergraduate survey and Masters Courses. You will...
Clinical Lecturer (Teaching Focussed) X4, University of Manchester, United Kingdom, about 3 hours ago
You will be an established General Practitioner or community clinician wishing to further your academic career in medical education for this post within the Manchester Medical School CBME Group. D...