Department: Faculty of Economics and Administration
Deadline: 22 May 2022
Start date: July, 1st 2022 or later
Job type: full-time
Job field: Economics and finance | Science and research | Healthcare and social care
The Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Administration, Masaryk University, invites applications for the following position: Senior researcher / research group leader in the field of health economics
Masaryk University, Faculty of Economics and Administration, is looking for a highly motivated and productive senior research in the field of health economics.
Excellent background in the area of public economics with stress put on the health economics area, as well as a desire to apply economic research to policy questions in the above-mentioned field is expected. The candidate should be an independent researcher with a promising research agenda.
The senior researcher’s primary responsibility is to conduct research in the health economics area using relevant up to date methods. On this position the potential to lead a research group composed from post-docs and PhD students is expected. The newly established research group could cooperate with excellent research centres on the Masaryk University including Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Science or the Central European Institute of Technology (CEITEC). Part of the occupation is to teach in the pregradual and postgradual courses.
We are looking for:
- a full-time Senior researcher in the area of the health economics with relevant praxis of minimum 10 years (category R3 or R4),
- research interest in health economics area,
- excellent background in the relevant methodology,
- previous research should demonstrate the publication potential in leading scientific journals,
- experience in managing research and scientific projects within research group,
- potential to either lead the Horizon Europe and ERCs’ proposals,
- active participation in international research conferences, presentation of research results at such conferences and other professional encounters abroad.
What do we offer?
- Earliest starting date of the contract is the July 1st, 2022, a later starting date can be negotiated
- The contract is full-time (40 hrs/week) and, based on experience and seniority, the salary goes up to 4,000 EUR/month in gross wage (average wage in Czech Republic is around 1500 EUR, median wage is 1300 EUR)
- First part of the contract is fixed-term position that ends on 06/2024 with evaluation at the end of this period and extension to the end of 2027
- Possibility of subsidized university housing and relocation support
- Friendly and international working environment
- Opportunities for professional growth (e.g., university seminar series, internships, exchanges, participation in research projects)
- Flexible working hours and occasional home office to support personal needs in family and career
- Employee benefits (8 weeks of paid vacation per year, contribution to meals, contribution to pension savings, language courses, university cinema, exclusive mobile tariff, sport activities, vaccination)
- Opportunity to work and live in a modern and dynamic university city
About the workplace
Masaryk University is an academically diverse and research-intensive university with a strong commitment to high-quality research and education. The university offers an inspiring research and teaching environment to its 35,000 students and 5,500 employees.
MUNI is located in the university city of Brno, Czech Republic. Based on the most recent OECD Better Life Index data, Czech Republic ranks next to the US and the UK. Proximity to nature and other historical cities (e.g. Prague, Vienna, Budapest), variety of cultural and entertainment attractions, and top personal safety, make Brno one of the top 100 university cities in the world according to students. More details could be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kal6NSc_Nc
Faculty members conduct quality research with peers from other Czech, European, and American universities. Members of the faculty have published in journals such as Journal of Public Economics, Journal of Urban Economics, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Scientific Reports. The administrative staff is experienced in helping researchers with both national and international grant applications.
Application and selection procedure
The application shall be submitted online by the May 22nd, 2022 (11:59 p.m., CET) via an e-application (Please, use the link in the e-Application section below). Interviews for the position will be held online or in-person at Masaryk University.
The candidate shall provide following:
- Cover letter with a description of your research agenda in the described area,
- A full professional Curriculum Vitae including the complete bibliography of published works (or relevant link where the information could be found),
- Example of the health economics paper and up to two other research papers,
- Up to three recommendation letters.
After submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation e-mail from jobs.muni.cz.
For further information about the position and the department, please contact Director for Strategy, e-mail: David.Poc@econ.muni.cz .
If you need help uploading your application or have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact the head of HR department Eva Karkošková, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of personal background. The selection process is based on an Open Transparent Merit-based Recruitment Policy. Masaryk University does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities or decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or sexual orientation. The faculty holds the HR Excellence Award.
Workplace: Faculty of Economics and Administration, Masaryk University, Brno, Czechia
Type of Contract: Fixed-term position that ends on December 31st, 2027 with renegotiation and evaluation taking place at the end of June, 2024.
EU Researcher Profile: R3-R4
Working Hours: 1 FTE (full-time employment of 40 hours per week)
Expected Start Date: July, 1st 2022 or later
Number of Open Positions: 1
Application Deadline: 22nd May
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Prof. Mgr. Jiří Špalek, Ph.D.
Social Network Analysis Researcher For The Erc Funded Dissident Networks Project, Masaryk University - Faculty of Arts, Czech, about 1 month ago
Full-time research fellowship for a social science researcher with expertise in social network theory and methods in an ERC-funded research project in computational history and social science Depa...
Lecturer In Programming And Computer Science, Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University, Czech, 17 days ago
Dean of the Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position: Lecturer in Programming and Computer Science Number of open positions: 1 for full-time / par...
Academic Staff Member At The Department Of Economics And Economic Policy (# Of Pos: 3), PRIGO University, Czech, 22 days ago
An official website of the European UnionAn official EU websiteHow do you know? All official European Union website addresses are in the europa.eu domain. See all EU institutions and bodies Cookie...
Ph D Lecturer /Adiunkt/, Cracow University of Economics, Poland, 11 days ago
The Rector of the Cracow University of Economics hereby announces a vacancy competition for the full-time position of PhD lecturer “adiunkt” in the group of research and teaching employees in the ...
Rector Of The University Of Economics In Katowice Announces A Competition For The Position Of..., University of Economics in Katowice, Poland, 24 days ago
The competition is open to persons who meet the requirements specified in Articles 113 and 116(2) of the Act of 20 July 2018. Law on Higher Education and Science (i.e. Journal of Laws of 2022, ite...
Assistant Professor Or Postdoc (# Of Pos: 3), University of Warsaw, Poland, 24 days ago
We are looking for an assistant professor / postdoc researcher in the field of scientometrics, science of science, research policy, science policy, sociology of science, economics of science or sc...