The Government Communications Department seeks an incumbent asseniorspecialist in the area of media services, proactively increasesandensures positive and continuous visibility of the University intheArabic and English news media in the United Arab Emirates and intheGulf Region, with a major emphasis on Abu Dhabi.
- Develops relations with Arabic and Englishmediain Abu Dhabi on behalf of the University, including the following:
- Designs and prepares extensive daily coverageofUniversity news and events for distribution to Arabic and English media
- Conducts research for newsworthy material intheUniversity community for the respective campuses.
- Sets, decides and maintains the mostconducivemedia strategy for the communication.
- Organizes and oversees press interviewsandpress conference with members of the University communitywithparticular attention to providing professional assistance toUniversity leadership
- Selects news which may be appropriatetotranslate for publication in the media.
- Oversees the preparation of the advertisingandpublications copy in Arabic and English, as needed.
- Researches, recommends and implements thebestpractices in media relations.
- Oversees the arrangements for mediaatuniversity events. This includes inviting and welcomingEnglishand Arabic media, directing them, providing press releases,andproviding hospitality as necessary.
- Draws the attention of the Vice PresidentandProvost to any negative press or news of interest.
- Provides recommendations to theUniversityleadership with devising strategies tocounter adverse media relations.
- Works collaboratively with Development stafftopromote the work of the Zayed University Foundation withphilanthropyand provides positive and timely media coverage for donorsand funding initiatives
- Should possess a minimumof7years’experience writing or editing for Arabic and English inarelated field and a Bachelor’s degree in JournalismorCommunication or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fluent in English and Arabic.
- Superb Arabic and English writingskills,withemphasis on journalistic writing
- Ability to manage deadlines and handlemultipletasks simultaneously with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Strong U.A.E. media contacts
In addition to completing the online application form, attach acoverletter, a current CV, and the names and contact details ofthreeprofessional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only ifyouare selected for an interview.
Uowd7221 Casual Arabic Language Teacher, University of Wollongong Dubai, UAE, about 10 hours ago
University of Wollongong in Dubai is seeking applications to recruit for the position of Casual Arabic Language Teacher. Teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language is a primary function of the Language...
Senior Administrative Assistant Ii, Medical Services Office, American University in Cairo, Egypt, 13 days ago
Reports to:Head of Medical Services Purpose: The job holder will be providing administrative support and executive assistance to the medical services with professional standards, playing an essent...
Executive Assistant, Auc Press Director, American University in Cairo, Egypt, 3 days ago
Reports to:Director, AUC Press Purpose: The job holder acts as an advisor to the director for all administrative aspects and will oversee, coordinate and implement a variety of departmental activi...
Egyptian Gardens/Horticulture Project Senior Specialist, Libraries And Learning Technologies: Rare Books And Special Collections Library (Grant Position), American University in Cairo, Egypt, 3 days ago
Reports to:Assistant Director for Special Projects,Libraries and Learning Technologies: Rare Books and Special Collections Library (RBSCL) Purpose:The job holder will assist in creating an open-en...
The Transfiguration Of Reality As A Means Of Expression Of Socio Cultural Issues. For A Teratology..., Università degli Studi di Napoli, Italy, 26 days ago
The research grant-holder will carry out a survey of the works of Arabic fiction, published in recent decades, with the aim of analyzing the concept of “tawahhush” (monstrous). This concept is pre...
Officer, Communication And Operations, American University in Cairo, Egypt, about 12 hours ago
Reports to:Dean of Students Purpose:The job holder works closely with the Dean of Students (DoS), the Center for Student Wellbeing (CSW), the Office of Student Conduct and Community Relations (SCC...