The Government Communications Department seeks an incumbent asseniorspecialist in the area of media services, proactively increasesandensures positive and continuous visibility of the University intheArabic and English news media in the United Arab Emirates and intheGulf Region, with a major emphasis on Abu Dhabi.
- Develops relations with Arabic and Englishmediain Abu Dhabi on behalf of the University, including the following:
- Designs and prepares extensive daily coverageofUniversity news and events for distribution to Arabic and English media
- Conducts research for newsworthy material intheUniversity community for the respective campuses.
- Sets, decides and maintains the mostconducivemedia strategy for the communication.
- Organizes and oversees press interviewsandpress conference with members of the University communitywithparticular attention to providing professional assistance toUniversity leadership
- Selects news which may be appropriatetotranslate for publication in the media.
- Oversees the preparation of the advertisingandpublications copy in Arabic and English, as needed.
- Researches, recommends and implements thebestpractices in media relations.
- Oversees the arrangements for mediaatuniversity events. This includes inviting and welcomingEnglishand Arabic media, directing them, providing press releases,andproviding hospitality as necessary.
- Draws the attention of the Vice PresidentandProvost to any negative press or news of interest.
- Provides recommendations to theUniversityleadership with devising strategies tocounter adverse media relations.
- Works collaboratively with Development stafftopromote the work of the Zayed University Foundation withphilanthropyand provides positive and timely media coverage for donorsand funding initiatives
- Should possess a minimumof7years’experience writing or editing for Arabic and English inarelated field and a Bachelor’s degree in JournalismorCommunication or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fluent in English and Arabic.
- Superb Arabic and English writingskills,withemphasis on journalistic writing
- Ability to manage deadlines and handlemultipletasks simultaneously with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Strong U.A.E. media contacts
In addition to completing the online application form, attach acoverletter, a current CV, and the names and contact details ofthreeprofessional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only ifyouare selected for an interview.
Manager, Industry Partnership, The University Centers For Career Development (Uccd) Project Career Center (Grant Position), American University in Cairo, Egypt, 2 days ago
Purpose: Reporting to the chief of party, the industry partnership manager will lead the program efforts in developing strong partnerships with the private sector to identify the job market needs...
Research Track Professor In Law (Assistant/Associate/Full Professor) (Bilingual Arabic And English) , Qatar University ;, Qatar, 3 days ago
College/Department Profile Established in 2016, the Centre for Law and Development (CLD) is a grant funded initiative based out of the College of Law, Qatar University (Doha, Qatar). It is oversee...
Senior Officer, Research, Center Of Excellence For Water – Usaid Project (Grant Position), American University in Cairo, Egypt, 13 days ago
Purpose: The senior officer, research will provide technical and scientific assistance in a wide range of the project activities. The holder of this position will be responsible for the implement...
Office Manager Dubai Hub, Coventry University, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Coventry University is one of the UK's leading Higher Education (HE) institutions. We have retained our place in the top 15 for the fifth year in a row (according to the Guardian League Table) and...
Regional Business Development Manager Dubai Hub, Coventry University, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Do you thrive on hitting and exceeding targets? Are you ambitious with an international vision? Are you a natural networker who can build rapport quickly? Can you turn prospects into sales? Covent...
Assistant Professor Of Arabic Literature At The Department Of Neo Hellenic And Middle East Studies..., Wydział Filologiczny Uniwersytetu Wrocławskiego, Poland, 26 days ago
The Dean of the Faculty of Philology, University of Wroclaw invites applications for a position as an assistant professor of Arabic literature at the Department of Neo- Hellenic and Middle East St...