The University is looking for qualified and experienced individuals for the below stated positions:
The position is based at BIUST Campus, Palapye.
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
DEPARTMENT OF CHEMICAL, MATERIALS & METALLURGICAL ENGINEERING
Senior Lecturer, Materials & Metallurgical Engineering
Main Purpose of the Job
- To teach and educate Undergraduate and Postgraduate students in an academic discipline and to build the knowledge base in a relevant field of the discipline through research and publication.
- To administer teaching activities within the discipline and provide leadership at the module or course level.
- To establish a national reputation in their discipline.
- To be active in professional service related to their discipline.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A PhD degree in Metallurgical Engineering or a related field. Preferred areas are Extractive Metallurgy, Hydrometallurgy and Physical Metallurgy.
- Bachelor degree in Metallurgical Engineering or a related field.
- At least two years post-doctoral experience in teaching and research at a tertiary institution of comparable standard. However, two years post-doctoral relevant industrial/professional experience shall be equivalent to one year teaching experience.
- At least 8 publications in reputable refereed journals. Engagement in projects/services at least on the profession or the community.
- Engagement in projects/services that benefit the University at least one of the following:
The Profession and the Community.
The positions require the following competencies/skills:
The University offers an attractive package, commensurate with qualification and experience.
If you meet the requirements of the above stated position, please send your application letter quoting the reference number above and a detailed Curriculum Vitae including at least two (2) recent professional referees to:
Director, Human Resources at the email address below.
For any further enquiries, you may call Ms. Kgosiemang or Ms. Oleseng @ 4931308
POSITIONS IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Professor, PWSZ w Glogowie, Poland, 17 days ago
Persons who meet the requirements specified in the Act on Higher Education and Science of July 20, 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1668, as amended) may enter the competition. 119 of the Act a...
Senior Lecturer In Integrated Circuits And Systems, Linköping University, Sweden, about 2 hours ago
Skilled and committed employees are a crucial factor in the success of Linköping University. And we need more of them. Our core expertise comes from teachers and researchers, but a successful univ...
Instrumental Analysis Specialist, University of Nova Gorica, Slovenia, 5 days ago
The successful candidate will carry out specialist and technical work in connection with research and other equipment at the Laboratory for Environmental and Life Sciences (LELS), take part in r...
Assistant Professor At The Department Of Strength Of Materials And Structures At Lodz University Of..., Lodz University of Technology, Poland, 18 days ago
Field: Experience in conducting lectures and tutorials on subjects such as strength of materials, mechanics of composites, and finite element methods for all specialisations on Faculty of Mechanic...
Extraction And Characterisation Of Cell Wall Polysaccharides From Biomass, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 2 days ago
(ref. BAP-2019-587) Laatst aangepast : 9/09/2019 For a joint project between KU Leuven, UGent, UHasselt and Flanders’ FOOD, we are looking for a highly talented and motivated PhD student intereste...
Professor In Machine Design, Automation And Process Control, UPC KU Leuven, Z.org KU Leuven, Belgium, 21 days ago
KU Leuven has a full-time academic vacancy in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the Geel campus. We are looking for internationally oriented candidates with an excellent interdisciplinar...