View All Vacancies
Salary: £30,000 to £54,135 Competitive Salary
Post Type: Full Time
Closing Date: Monday 31 July 2023
Dongbei University of Finance & Economics (DUFE), founded in 1952, is one of the leading universities in China in finance, economics, management, and tourism.
Surrey International Institute, located on the DUFE campus, is an academic partnership between DUFE in Dalian and the University of Surrey in the United Kingdom. It’s growing International Business Management, International Tourism Management, and Accounting & Finance Program have an established international reputation.
NB: This appointment is not with the University of Surrey. While the role, as part of a highly international team of fellow academics, is to teach on the SII-DUFE Business Management programmes, the appointment will be made by DUFE, and the successful candidate will be employed by DUFE.
A PhD in disciplines of Business Management or a closely related field and a recent record of scholarship published in peer-reviewed journals are preferred, or a Master's degree in domains of Business Management and a sufficient number of years of relevant industry and professional experience.
- A Doctoral degree in Business Management, preferably with teaching/industrial experience.
- The successful applicants should be able to design and teach courses in International Business Management and teach a broader area of fundamentals of business management at the undergraduate levels.
- Candidate should have at least two years of teaching experience.
- Awareness of quality assurance processes in UK higher education.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, maintain effective communications with colleagues and use initiative to resolve problems or find information.
- UK and International teaching experience are preferable.
- Certificate in teaching qualification is preferable
- Standard Salary Ranges span is £30,000 - £54,135 depending on qualifications and experience.
- Applicants not fully meeting all criteria or completing PhDs may still be considered for posts, though on agreed salaries and conditions.
- The salary offered will be commensurate with the candidate's qualifications and experience, but will compare favourably with leading Chinese Universities.
- Expatriate benefits will be available to eligible applicants, such as accommodation allowance, a relocation allowance, medical insurance and paid leave.
- All academic faculties are engaged in research activities and provide research funds for fieldwork, conference attendance and rewards for publications in academic journals.
- Our ideal candidate will have proven and sound Undergraduate teaching experience, along with relevant professional experience
- Developing new teaching methods that encourage positive interactions and overall student development.
- Teaching various undergraduate modules in International Business Management disciplines, such as fundamental business management and skills, employability and professional practice law and ethics, entrepreneurship, international business, business decision making, and business organisational psychology.
- For more information, list of modules available: https://catalogue.surrey.ac.uk/2021-2/programme/UKA10-42
- Planning, delivering, and critically reviewing a range of teaching and assessment activities appropriate to students' levels.
- Setting and/or promptly marking coursework, practical sessions, examinations, and providing appropriate feedback to students according to marking rubrics.
- Providing regular consultation times, personal tutoring, and extra-curricular support for students seeking guidance on their subjects, advice on assessments, or related issues.
- Participating in peer classroom observations or other staff development initiates aimed at improving quality.
To apply, please send your CV, a brief covering letter including teaching capabilities by subject areas, the main page of your passport and two reference letters of former employers to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Only the applicants who meet the selection criteria will receive a reply from us.
Applications will be processed on receipt until the posts are filled.
For further questions on the advertised positions, please contact:
Ms. Wang Linfei (Nina)
Surrey International Institute (SII)
Dongbei University of Finance and Economics (DUFE)
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer In Business Management, UNIVERSITY OF SURREY, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
SII DUFE Location: China Salary: £30,000 to £54,135 Fixed Term Post Type: Full Time Closing Date: Wednesday 31 January 2024 Reference: 046423 The University Dongbei University of Finance & Economi...
Senior Lecturer / Lecturer In Academic English, UNIVERSITY OF SURREY, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
SII DUFE Location: China Salary: £21,998 to £34,096 per annum (200,000 rmb to 310,000 rmb) Post Type: Full Time Closing Date: Wednesday 31 January 2024 Reference: 046823 The University Dongbei Uni...
Full Time Senior Lecturer/Lecturer In Academic English , ;, China, 11 days ago
Surrey International Institute in Dalian, China is seeking motivated EAP teachers to join a dynamic and student-focussed team. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your expertise while worki...
Teaching Associate English Language China Queen's College , ;, China, 5 days ago
China Medical University - Queen’s University of Belfast Joint College (CQC) was established in the People’s Republic of China (PRC) through a long-standing friendship between Queen’s School of Ph...
Faculty Position In Translation And Interpreting, XIAN JIAOTONG LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY (XJTLU), United Kingdom, 3 days ago
School: Humanities and Social Sciences Department: Literary and Translation Studies Position: Faculty Position in Translation and Interpreting Location: Suzhou, China Contract Type: Fixed-term, re...
Associate Professor In Applied Mathematics / Statistics, UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM NINGBO CHINA, China, 6 days ago
23 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM NINGBO CHINA Research Field Mathematics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country ...