- Full time, continuing
- An exciting opportunity to conduct research and deliver teaching in the discipline of Japanese Studies
- Salary of $135,793 - $156,579 p.a. (Academic Level C) plus 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences offers one of the most comprehensive and diverse ranges of humanities and social science studies in the Asia Pacific region and is regularly ranked in the top 20 arts faculties in the world. The School of Languages and Cultures offers the widest range of undergraduate and postgraduate language studies in Australia and is a Centre for European, Latin American, Asian and Middle Eastern Studies.
Japanese Studies within the School of Languages and Cultures is seeking to appoint one Senior Lecturer in Japanese language and culture.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- maintain a research profile compatible with the discipline's research programmes through publication and research grant application
- teach and coordinate undergraduate language units and culture modules in Japanese Studies, including developing materials for teaching and assessment
- participate in teaching collaboration including team-teaching of undergraduate, honours, and postgraduate units
- contribute to the supervision and assessment of honours and postgraduate research students in Japanese Studies
- coordinate and help promote Japanese Studies within the University and in the broader community
- contribute to academic administration
- engage in outreach activities for the discipline, the School, and the Faculty
- work flexibly and collaboratively in a team environment and take on roles in administration in the discipline and School.
We are looking for a Senior Lecturer in Japanese Studies who has:
- a completed PhD in a relevant field of Japanese Studies
- native or near native competency in Japanese and English
- demonstrated experience and commitment to innovative teaching and course development in Japanese language and culture
- demonstrated experience in teaching Japanese language at all levels
- demonstrated success in promoting student retention and achieving high levels of competency
- a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain an active research program including major research grant applications
- a record of peer-reviewed publications
- a demonstrated ability to work flexibly and collaboratively in a team environment and to assume roles in administration and planning in the discipline and School
- excellent problem-solving, time management, and interpersonal skills.
The following criteria are also desirable:
- experience developing and implementing innovative digital teaching and assessment methodologies
- experience of collaborative and interdisciplinary teaching and/or research
- a record of successful honours and HDR student supervision relative to opportunity
- demonstrated administrative skills.
How to apply
Please click here to apply
Wednesday 22 June 2022 11:59 PM
Tenure Track Associate Professor Or Assistant Professor In Sociology , Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University ;, Japan, 7 days ago
We are pleased to announce that the Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU) College of Asia Pacific Studies in Japan has opened a tenure track position at an associate professor or an assistant ...
2022 Pileua93 Technician Position, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain, 10 days ago
Job position Funded, full-time, technician position in the context of a European Research Council Starting Grant project, Aftermath ERC 758347 of the East Asian War of 1592-1598. Job position requ...
Three Research Positions In The Snsf Project “Time And Emotion In Medieval Japanese Literature” , University of Zurich, Switzerland, about 15 hours ago
Institute of Asien and Oriental Studies Three Research Positions in the SNSF Project “Time and Emotion in Medieval Japanese Literature” two PhD-Positions 60 % and one Postdoc-Position 60-100 % We i...
Shumfellows, Society for the Humanities, United States, about 22 hours ago
Fellowship ID:Cornell -Society for the Humanities -SHUMFELLOWS [#21965, CROSSING-WDR00026604] Fellowship Title: Society for the Humanities Fellowships 2023-24 Fellowship Type:Fellowship or award ...
Qup Associate Or Assistant Professor, QUP, Japan, about 21 hours ago
Position ID:KEK -QUP -ASSOCIATEPROFESSOR [#21845, KEK-QUP-AP2022-1] Position Title: Position Type:Non tenure-track faculty Position Location:Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0801, Japan [map ] Subject Area: ...
Tenure Track Professorship For The Field Of German Linguistics: Language Contact And Multilingualism, University of Vienna (Universitaet Wien), Austria, 6 days ago
Open to new ideas. Since 1365. The University of Vienna is a research university with high international visibility and a wide range of degree programmes. We are committed to basic research that i...