Location: Devon House, London, Remote-based
Benefits: Generous benefits package including 25 days holiday allowance pro rata (excl. Bank holidays), group life assurance, group income protection, pension schemes and private healthcare (optional)
Start: June 2022
The New College of the Humanities wishes to appoint a Senior Learning Experience Designer (Senior LxD) to support faculty in the design and build of courses, helping faculty members to navigate complex teaching and learning issues as they build out engaging, experiential content and design in our learning platforms and systems. We are looking for a creative, experienced online learning designer who will work effectively with faculty to produce high quality content and engaging learning experiences that will support student success. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated history of excellence in course design and development, leadership and supervision of staff, and will be familiar with the latest best practices, tools and research in online learning design. The role holder should be a creative problem solver, strong team player and be willing to work in a fast-paced environment. Ideal candidates will have strong practical technical skills in a wide variety of online technologies, and the ability to supervise, mentor and support the more junior Learning Experience Designers. The role is suitable for remote working, provided the appointee is able to attend the campus for face-to-face work when required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely and in collaboration with multimedia experience designers, video producers and Learning Solutions Architects, be responsible for the creation of interactive tools and high-quality media in the development of courses, with an eye towards modern, sleek, and intuitive design
- Working with production groups and a variety of media and web developers, build learning assets or curriculum, with consideration for build being scalable
- Application of instructional design principles, learning theory, and educational technologies in the design and development of online learning experiences
- Ensure high attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in learning materials
- Troubleshooting of any basic educational technology issues
- Active in the management of medium to large scale content development projects
- Stakeholder management – establishing and maintaining good working relationships with internal and external contacts, ensuring their engagement and adherence to required response times
- Lead in meetings with faculty, enterprise partners, and clients around learning design
- Converse with faculty about educational, pedagogic and technology issues
- Ensure feedback from team members and clients are reviewed and evaluated and work to find the best ways to address concerns and provide improvements and new solutions
- Supervision, mentoring and coaching of designers
- Any other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training
EDGE (Experiential, Digital, Global, Education) is part of Northeastern’s Global Network and is dedicated to designing and delivering work-related learning throughout the UK and internationally. The EDGE team work remotely, using innovative pedagogical approaches and best practice in digital education and collaboration to ensure an excellent learner experience for individuals or groups of learners, wherever they are based. The EDGE team currently delivers a growing portfolio of work-related learning aligned to digital transformation, data science, artificial intelligence, and project management.
Person Specification Criteria (Essential / Desirable)
- Master’s degree, ideally in Instructional Design, Educational Psychology, or a related field and/or substantial and demonstrable equivalent work experience [E]
- Experienced in line management/supervision of staff [E]
- Substantial experience in a Higher Education environment [E]
- Demonstrable record of innovation with learning technologies and an understanding of learning science principles and technology trends [E]
- Thorough knowledge and experience with the “best-in-class” approaches to online learning [E]
- Experience with one or more learning management systems, as well as common software used in the design and development of learning experiences [E]
- Experience working with production groups to build learning assets or curriculum [E]
- Experience working with a variety of media and web developers [E]
- Demonstrated ability with the use of eLearning tools and technologies – in particular, use of the Articulate suite of products, html, CSS, and a basic awareness of video production [E]
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to achieve high level of accuracy [E]
- Cultural competence with a positive and professional attitude and a life-long learner with a genuine interest in learning new skills [E]
- Demonstrated problem-solving and strong project management, workflow, and process skills, including the ability to work with a distributed team [E]
- Adaptable and willing to take on new projects and assignments at short notice and with little oversight [E]
- Strong organisational and time management skills, demonstrating and ability to work flexibly across multiple projects with strict and conflicting deadlines, while maintaining high-quality standard of work [E]
- Ability to maintain focus on priorities while multi-tasking and thrive in an agile, fast-paced, iterative, design-based environment [E]
- Proven ability to work strategically and effectively with many constituencies (e.g. peers, faculty, students, campus administrators and leadership) [E]
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, including effective stakeholder and partnership working - maintaining positive relationships and building consensus [E]
- Experienced in dealing with numerous stakeholders (internal and external) with an ability to quickly understand stakeholder concerns, and work flexibility to incorporate solutions that continue to meet internal and external goals and compliance requirements [E]
- Resilient, with a can-do attitude and an ability to remain calm and measured under pressure [E]
- Able to work autonomously but also as a team member and with a willingness to embrace change [E]
- Committed to creating a professional collaborative work environment – demonstrating respect for colleagues and their expertise; cultivating open communication & feedback; and inspiring a unified commitment to elevating the standard of quality of the deliverables [E]
- Willingness and capacity to undertake continuous professional development [E]
Applications should be made via this link by 20:00 on 17 June 2022. Please reference your application “SLD522”. Participation in the equal opportunities section is encouraged, but voluntary.
Applications must include a covering letter of no more than one page and a full curriculum vitae.
Applications are welcome from all sections of the community and will be judged on merit alone. Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
<! Anchor > <! Anchor > Web Developer & Senior Web Developer <! Anchor > , King's College London, United Kingdom, about 16 hours ago
We are seeking a skilled web developer to join KCL's expanding e-Research team. Depending on the successful candidates experience level the appointment will be made to a Web Developer (Grade 6) or...
<! Anchor > <! Anchor > E Learning Content Developer <! Anchor > , King's College London, United Kingdom, about 15 hours ago
About King’s Online King’s Online is part of the new School for Professional and Continuing Education, it was formed in 2015 and develops a range of fully online courses and programmes. The team i...
Lecturer In Graphic Design, UNIVERSITY OF EAST LONDON, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
Location: Docklands Campus Salary: Starting from £42,454 per annum inclusive of London Weighting Post Type: Part Time Hours per Week: 14.4 Post Type: Permanent Closing Date: Sunday 23 October 202...
Senior E Learning Technologist, University of Hertfordshire, United Kingdom, about 20 hours ago
Post Title: Senior E-Learning Technologist SBU/Department: Office of the Vice Chancellor/Learning and Teaching Innovation Centre FTE: 1.0 FTE (working 37 hours per week) Duration of Contract: Perm...
Logistics Hpl, Westminster Kingsway College, United Kingdom, about 11 hours ago
Job titleLogistics HPL Job referenceR003156 Date posted26/09/2022 Application closing date17/10/2022 LocationTottenham - London Salary£24,71 – £26,78 per hour (basic pay – holidays excluded) Contr...
Lecturer In Landscape Architecture (Ma Professional Programmes), UNIVERSITY OF EAST LONDON, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
Location: Docklands Campus Salary: Lecturer starting from £42,454 per annum inclusive of London Weighting Post Type: Part Time Hours per Week: 14.4 Post Type: Fixed Term Contract Length: 12 months...