Senior Administrator - Applied Health Research - 98396 - Band 500 - (210001W3)
INTERNAL APPLICANTS TO THE UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM TO APPLY ONLY
Institute of Applied Health Research
Location: University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham UK
Full time starting salary is normally in the range £23,699 to £25,458, with potential progression once in post to £29,471
Band - 500
Full Time FTC up to 31 July 2022
Closing date 11 October 2021
Our offer to you
People are at the heart of what we are and do.
The University of Birmingham is proud to have been a part of the City of Birmingham and the wider region for over 100 years, and we are equally proud to be recognised as a leading global university. We want to attract talented people from across the city and beyond, support them to succeed, and celebrate their success.
We are committed to helping the people who work here to develop through our sector-leading Birmingham Professional programme which provides all professional services staff with development opportunities and the encouragement to reach their full potential. With almost 5,000 professional services jobs in a wide-range of functions in Edgbaston and in our campus in Dubai, there are plenty of opportunities for you to be able to develop your career at the University.
We believe there is no such thing as a typical member of staff and that diversity is a source of strength that underpins the exchange of ideas, innovation, and debate. We warmly welcome people from all backgrounds and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where diversity is at the heart of who and what we are, and how we work.
Supporting our people to achieve a healthy work/life balance is important both to our employees and to the success of the University and, depending on the role, we offer a variety of flexible working arrangements. We therefore welcome discussions on all forms of flexible working. In addition, you will receive a generous package of benefits including 40 days paid holiday a year, one paid day a year for volunteering, occupational sick pay, and a pension scheme. We also have three high quality subsidised day nurseries.
The University is situated in leafy Edgbaston and there are excellent transport links to our beautiful campus, including main bus routes and a train station on site. On campus we have a state-of-the-art sports centre with pool, shops, places to eat and drink, our own art gallery, museum and botanical gardens.
Find out more about the benefits of working for the University of Birmingham
Reporting to the Senior Institute Administrator the post-holder will be a main point of contact for both research study administration and staff recruitment across the Institute of Applied Health Research.
The post-holder must have the ability to work in a busy environment and cope with conflicting demands as the post requires a significant amount of initiative and personal responsibility over a broad range of tasks.
The post-holder will deal with people at all levels of University including staff, students and visitors.
The post-holder will be involved in gathering and collating information on specific projects to be reviewed by the Institute Management team, developing and managing administrative information systems and proactively ensuring that all work is successfully completed to deadline.
Study related tasks will be undertaken under the supervision of the Principal Investigator.
• Providing full administrative support to a range of research activities including data entry, contacting other investigators and maintaining study files in accordance with UoB procedures
• Delivery of high quality administrative support to research study staff
• Provide a full range of staff recruitment and management administration across the Institute
• Administer the full staff recruitment process, independently supporting Hiring managers whilst working simultaneously on multiple posts
• Ensuring full compliance with University staff regulations e.g. right to work checks including required documentation is recorded
• Implementing Quality Assurance projects for Recruitment and Selection of all Institute staff (in particular visa applications, redeployment procedures, starting salaries etc)
• Maintain working relationships with internal contacts and occasionally external organisations on behalf of the Institute. This will include HR, Finance and other internal service areas.
• Managing regular reviews of internal procedures; ensuring these are fully compliant and in line with University best practice standards
• Any other duties which may be appropriate directed by the Institute Director/Institute Manager/Deputy Directors or Operations (Administration).
Required Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
• The post-holder will be expected to exercise a high level of personal responsibility and initiative. The role requires significant previous experience in a similar role and also requires strong interpersonal and organisational skills, with the ability and flexibility to successfully prioritise and address a demanding workload.
• A good level of education (‘A’ Level or equivalent including English and Maths), word processing (RSA 3 or equivalent level.
• The post-holder will be proficient in the use of other computer software including: E-mail, spreadsheets and online recruitment systems
• Excellent interpersonal skills, dealing with staff at all levels within the University and with external organisations, and able to demonstrate a tactful and confident approach at all times.
• Ability to train others on complex internal systems and procedures
• Familiarity with recruitment systems, external agencies and networks
• Knowledge of people management principles
• The ability to assimilate large amounts of disparate information and to analyse and make judgements relating to complex subject matters
• Accuracy and attention to detail, a ‘can do’ attitude, and the ability to work independently and on own initiative
• Well-developed organisational abilities e.g. ability to implement, maintain and initiate changes to office procedures, keep accurate records and produce status or progress reports
• Ability to work on own initiative, manage time effectively, progress tasks concurrently and work to deadlines
• Familiarity with budget management
Informal enquires to Jo Hine, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Valuing excellence, sustaining investment
We value diversity and inclusion at the University of Birmingham and welcome applications from all sections of the community and are open to discussions around all forms of flexible working.
: Applied Health Research
: 04.10.2021, 8:23:22 AM
Grade (for job description): Band 500
Salary (Pay Basis)
Advert Close Date
: 11.10.2021, 6:59:00 PM
Fixed Term Contract End Date 30.07.2022
Deputy Director Of Operations Administration , University of Birmingham ;, United Kingdom, 21 days ago
Location: University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham UK Full time starting salary is normally in the range £51,799 to £60,022, with potential progression once in post to £78,265 Grade 9 Full ...
Head Of Sustainability , University of Birmingham ;, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
Professional Services University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham UK Full time starting salary is normally in the range £51,799 to £60,022. With potential progression once in post to £78,265 a...
Data Manager , University of Birmingham ;, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham UK Full time starting salary is normally in the range £21,000 to £22,414. With potential progression once in post to £27,268 a year. Band 400 Full t...
Mds Translational Team Lead , University of Birmingham ;, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
Full Time FTC up to 15 October 2022 The College of Medical & Dental Sciences (MDS) hosts a number of Translational Medicine projects which bring together research excellence within and between key...
Trial Coordinator , University of Birmingham ;, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Location: University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham UK Full time starting salary is normally in the range £27,924 to £30,497. With potential progression once in post to £34,304 a year. Grade...
Clinical Lecturer In Neurology , University of Birmingham ;, United Kingdom, 23 days ago
Location: University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham UK Full time starting salary is normally in the range £34,563 to £59,845. Clinical Post Full Time / Fixed Term Contract for up to 4 years ...