Permanent Scrum Master/ Agile Delivery Coach
Full time (36.5hrs per week)
Hybrid working – This role offers a mixture of home working & working on Exeter University's Streatham Campus.
Starting Salary up to £48,841. Additional supplements available for exceptional candidates
We are currently looking for a certified Scrum Master with a good technical understanding of Software Development to help us work efficiently through an Agile framework order to drive the essential work we need to achieve our 2030 Digital Strategy.
What you’ll be doing…
Our Scrum master will be our go-to person for applying scrum to produce high-quality work. Scrum Master duties include managing timelines, resolving problems and coaching team members on Agile methodologies and ultimately to create self-organizing teams that are flexible and fully productive during sprints.
Just some of the benefits that come with this role include:
- 33 days annual leave + bank holidays!
- Full university USS pension scheme – 21.4% employer contributions!
- Access to the latest technologies and platforms
- We'll take your personal and professional development very seriously and we’ll empower you to keep developing your expert skills
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- Loads of discounts at leading retailers including 10% off everything at the Co-op!
- Onsite gyms on all of our campuses and a cycle to work scheme
- Sector leading policies around maternity, adoption and shared parental leave (up to 26 weeks full pay), paternity leave (up to six weeks full pay) and a new Fertility Treatment Policy
- Stunning campus locations in Exeter and Cornwall
Our Agile, Planning and Capability Chapter…..
- Provides essential guidance on agile practices within the Digital team and widely across the university
- Is just getting started, so this is a chance to have a major impact on how we develop and set ourselves up to drive the change at Exeter
We’re really looking for…
- A qualified Scrum Master who wants to help make a massive positive impact on the future of higher education
- Someone with strong professional experience working in a Scrum Master role
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artefacts (such as definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement)
- We have a small but mighty team right now and we’re really proud of how the team is shaping up – so we want someone who is really positive and genuinely enjoys working together to solve problems!
- Ability to break down barriers and build lasting relationships across the team and University
- Someone with a good technical background & familiarity of the intricacies of Software Development
- Good knowledge of other Agile frameworks.
- Strong leader with confident communication skills
- Full JD attached for more info
Whilst this role is ideally full time we will consider part time applicants.
Apply with your CV and short a cover note telling us how great you are and how your skills line up to what we’re looking for!
If you have any queries, please send them to UoEDigital@exeter.ac.uk and we will endeavour to come back to you as soon as possible.
Whilst the closing date for this role is the 5th February 2023 we will be reviewing applications as they come in so please don't hesitate to apply!
More about the Digital Team!
We are the UoE Digital Team and we are delivering one of the boldest digital transformations in the higher education sector. Our vision is ambitious – we want to re-invent the higher education destination making it more accessible than ever before. With Ash Roots as our Chief Digital Officer we are building a revolutionary digital team. Rich in diversity and expertise we will help the University realise it’s true potential. We work in an agile way and have organised the team into chapters (groups of people with the same skill sets) and squads (made up of people from the chapters who can work autonomously and to their own goals). We want to test and champion new working models in our squads that push the boundaries of inclusivity, location, and flexibility. Our users will be at the heart of everything we do and we’ll develop new ways to deliver value, make things easier and generate new income along the way.
Check out our LinkedIn careers page see what a fun bunch we are! Click here
The University of Exeter
We are a member of the prestigious Russell Group of research-intensive universities and in the top 150 universities in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022 and QS World University Ranking 2022). We combine world-class teaching with world-class research, achieving a Gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework Award 2017.
Our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
With over 27,000 students and 6,400 staff from 180 different countries we offer a diverse and engaging environment where our diversity is celebrated and valued as a major strength. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture where all members of our community are supported to thrive; where diverse voices are heard through our engagement with evidence-based charter frameworks for gender (Athena SWAN), race equality (Race Equality Charter Mark), LGBTQ+ inclusion (Stonewall Diversity Champion) and as a Disability Confident employer. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented within our working community. Reasonable adjustments are available for interviews and workplaces.
The University of Exeter is an equal opportunity employer. We are officially recognised as a Disability Confident employer and an Athena Swan accredited institution. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented in the workforce.
Education Welfare Advisor , University of Exeter ;, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
Three full-time, permanent Education Welfare Advisor posts are available to commence in Spring 2023. These posts are part of the University’s Wellbeing and Welfare Team, operationally based within...
Graduation Administrator (Exeter) , University of Exeter ;, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
This full time, permanent post is available as soon as possible. This role offers the opportunity for hybrid working – some time on campus and some from home. Summary of the role This is an exciti...
Information Governance Officer , University of Exeter ;, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
This full-time post is available immediately on a 12 month fixed-term contract. This role offers the opportunity for hybrid working – some time on campus and some from home. Summary of the role/po...
Education Support Assistant , University of Exeter ;, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
This full-time post is available immediately on a permanent basis in the Queen’s Education Support Team. The Education and Academic Services Directorate provides all of the key administration and ...
Welfare Consultant (Out Of Hours) , University of Exeter ;, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
Wellbeing Services This part-time (25.5hrs a wk/51 hrs per fortnight) evening post is available immediately, working to cover seven days a week on a permanent basis. There are two shift patterns c...
Education Services Administrator (Online Programmes & Degree Apprenticeships) , ;, United Kingdom, about 8 hours ago
About the role This full-time post is available from 10th April 2023 on an open-ended basis. We have an exciting opportunity for an Education Support Administrator to join our Education Support Te...