Contract Length: 2 Years
We are looking for a Scientific Manager to join the Garnett Group and co-ordinate the operational delivery of large scale drug sensitivity and genetic perturbation screens. Data from these screens is used by the group and wider research community to identify vulnerabilities in cancer cells which can then be exploited as novel drug targets or as genetic markers to deliver personalised medicine to patients in the clinic.
About the Role:
As a Scientific Manager, you will manage the operational delivery within the laboratory of multiple drug and CRISPR screening projects in cancer cell line and organoid models.
- Manage staff, resources and equipment to deliver a variety of screening projects to agreed timescales and specifications.
- Report project progress to senior managers and external stakeholders. In addition you will build relationships with suppliers and service providers to meet project and wider laboratory requirements.
- Optimise screening processes and develop innovative solutions to technical challenges.
- Work collaboratively with postdoctoral researchers and scientific leads to implement and scale new techniques and technologies.
- Champion best practice and behaviours to create a positive, productive and inclusive working environment.
You will have a background in supervising or managing scientific projects in either an academic or industry setting. In addition you will be familiar with training and developing others, writing protocols and general laboratory management.
- Degree in Biological Sciences, or equivalent qualification
- Experience of mammalian cell culture and cell based assays
- People management or supervisory experience
- Proven organisational skills with a track record of delivering scientific projects to deadlines and agreed quality standards
- Highly developed problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate ideas and results effectively
- Laboratory management experience
- Practical experience of cell-viability assays or CRISPR-based gene-editing
Please apply with your CV and Cover letter outlining your suitability for the role addressing the criteria set out above and in the job description.
For informal queries, please contact Syd Barthorpe .
Staff Scientist/Senior Staff Scientist, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
In Cellular Genetics Programme at the Wellcome Sanger Institute we are seeking to recruit a Staff Scientist or Senior Staff Scientist (depending on experience) to support the Teichmann laboratory...
Staff Scientist/Senior Staff Scientist, Wellcome Sanger Institute, United Kingdom, 24 days ago
Grade 1/2 Salary per annum £37,865 - £54,524 -Salary dependent upon experience Full Time, Part Time, Flexible Working Full Time/Flexible working considered Job Reference 84477 In Cellular Genetic...
Chief Research Laboratory Technician, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Applications are invited for a Chief Research Lab Technician position in the University of Cambridge, Department of Biochemistry, working in the laboratory of Prof. Jussi Taipale. The group includ...
Laboratory Manager Cellular Genetics, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, United Kingdom, about 17 hours ago
The Cellular Genetics Programme is looking for a experienced laboratory managers to support the research activities of multiple research groups; being the primary contact for newly recruited facu...
Staff Scientist In Crispr Genetic Manipulation, Wellcome Sanger Institute, United Kingdom, 28 days ago
Salary per annum £37,865-£45,359 Full Time, Part Time, Flexible Working Full Time Closing Date 31 October 2021 We are looking to appoint a highly motivated staff scientist to join Roser Vento-Torm...
Molecular And Cellular Biology Specialist, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, United Kingdom, about 17 hours ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Molecular and Cellular Biology Specialist (Technical Specialist) to support the research of the Cellular Genetics Programme, as a member of the core wet la...