Science Manager - Multimorbidity
UKRI- Medical Research Council
£30,782 per annum
Full time/Part Time hours will be considered
Fixed term (42 months)
The Medical Research Council (MRC) is a partner organisation within UK Research and Innovation (UKRI). UKRI is a new entity that brings together nine partners to create an independent organisation with a strong voice for research and innovation, and a vision to ensure the UK maintains its world-leading position in research and innovation.
About the role
Moving away from a one-disease, one-mechanism approach, and in collaboration with NIHR, ESRC and EPSRC, the initiative will coalesce inter-disciplinary expertise in biological, socio-economic and innovative methodological research to address the existing gaps in the field. Multimorbidity is a current research priority for the MRC and the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC)/National Institute for Health Research (NIHR), and the Strategic Priorities Fund (SPF) bid will be the first concerted initiative in the UK of this scale and is expected to catalyse research into multimorbidity in the UK.
Main duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and maintain an overarching project plan, to ensure that progress is monitored and reported in a timely manner, and that issues regarding delivery are escalated to the Programme Board (or equivalent) for resolution
- Assist the Programme Manager(s)/Head of Programme in preparation of papers, background briefs, reports and other material on related matters for the Programme Board, Executive Group and/or Senior staff at UKRI
- Support the administration and delivery of calls for proposals, for example tracking the Peer Review process and delivering funding panel meetings, and monitoring of progress of Grants provided as part of the programme
- Support the liaison with the range of stakeholders involved in the initiative (Research Councils, research charities, bioindustry and policy partners) including cross funder agreements and common costing models where appropriate
- Working with MRC finance staff on the financial management of the initiative including managing the profile of costs and ensuring the planned budget profile reflects the practical delivery plans.
You will be educated to First degree or equivalent experience.
You will have good analytical ability encompassing critical thinking, evaluation, decision making and problem-solving skills.
The ability to identify strategic objectives and their implications and make adaptations to ensure project delivery and impact is essential.
Experience of planning, managing and delivering strategic and/or policy projects within a public sector or academic environment whilst not essential, would be highly desirable.
What we offer
UK Research and Innovation recognises and values employees as individuals and aim to provide a pay and rewards package that motivates staff to perform to the best of their ability. The reward package includes a flexible working scheme, a Career Average Revalued Earnings pension scheme, 30 days annual leave allowance and a number of other benefits.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to include a cover letter outlining their suitability for this role.
Applications are handled by UK SBS; to apply please click the apply button. Applicants who are unable to apply online should contact us by telephone on +44 (0)1793 867000.
The closing date for applications is 3rd November 2019.
Senior Portfolio Manager Research And Innovation Funding Delivery , BBSRC - Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council ;, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
Role description BBSRC is currently recruiting a Senior Portfolio Manager- Research and Innovation Funding Delivery to join our Research and Innovation Funding Delivery team. Our aim is to ensure ...
Research Boards Operations Lead , Medical Research Council ;, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
Full Time, Part Time hours considered – please specify in cover letter Interview Dates: 18th & 24th September 2020 About us The Medical Research Council (MRC)is a partner organisation within UK ...
Programme Manager Peer Review , Medical Research Council ;, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
Full Time, Part Time hours considered – please specify in cover letter Fixed Term – 12 Months Interview Dates: 18th & 24th September 2020 About us The Medical Research Council (MRC)is a partner ...
Senior Programme Manager, Healthy Environment , Natural Environment Research Council - NERC ;, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
As a NERC Senior Programme Manager (SPM) you will engage with the academic community, business and policy makers to invest in and maintain the UK’s position at the forefront of environmental resea...
Associate Director, Strategic Programme Generation , Natural Environment Research Council - NERC ;, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
Reporting to the Director of Research & Skills, you will lead and shape this role, to develop new programme proposals for investment through NERC budgets and UKRI collective funds to maximise impa...
Senior Programme Manager, Talent And Skills , Natural Environment Research Council - NERC ;, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
You will provide oversight and leadership for Responsive PhD Studentships across the NERC remit - one of the three core areas of activity within the Talent & Skills team (alongside Fellowships and...