At Oxford Quantum Circuits (OQC) we are building quantum computers to enable life-changing discoveries: from new drug modelisation to longer-lasting battery technology and portfolio optimisation. We are developing a cloud based quantum computer service – Quantum Computing as a Service (QCaaS) – to help our customers improve their operations and trailblaze new commercial and scientific approaches.
Our team is composed of 25 people with various backgrounds in quantum physics, nanotechnologies, hardware, and software. We are all bound by the desire to put OQC at the forefront of the quantum revolution and help solve some of the world’s most challenging problems.
At OQC, we control & measure the qubits inside our quantum computers using sub-microsecond GHz pulses which are generated by our digital control systems.
We are seeking an RF electronics engineer to join our classical hardware team. The RF electronics engineer is a key role, responsible for the design of the analogue RF signal chain, microwave control circuitry and associated packaging. You will be expected to take responsibility for all parts of the design life-cycle, from initial requirements gathering, through the analysis, simulation and schematic / PCB design phase, to lab-based testing. Additional activities will include I/O characterization, SNR optimization and filter design.
In addition to this core activity, our perfect candidate will have a broader electronics design capability and will be excited and willing to contribute to all aspects of system design. Although the minimum requirement for this role is 3+ years of relevant experience, we are equally keen to talk to more senior candidates who have the ability to make a real impact in the design of our systems.
- Responsible for the full end-end RF signal chain design process, from requirements capture through design and manufacture through to testing.
- RF modelling and analysis of the system.
- Schematic design and PCB layout.
- Ownership and management of your day-to-day activities.
- Be an active contributor to our future roadmap, architecture and strategy.
- Work with technology vendors & strategic partners to optimise designs as part of a longer-term vision.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in electronics, communications engineering or similar
- An excellent understanding of RF principles, theory and design techniques (s-parameters, Smith charts etc)
- At least 3 years of industry experience in RF/Microwave PCB design
- RF circuit schematic and layout design, ideally using Cadence Orcad/Allegro
- Experience using lab equipment (network analyser, spectrum analyser etc) to test and analyze RF components
- Modelling and simulating designs using SPICE, HFSS or similar
- Good interpersonal skills. Ability to work with customers and suppliers
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Mixed-signal PCB design.
- Familiarity with manipulation and demodulation of RF pulses.
- Knowledge/familiarity with DSP / FPGA based designs.
- Python/scripting experience for automated test and characterization.
LOCATION & TRAVEL
OQC’s office is located in Shinfield, Reading. There will be a requirement for occasional travel throughout the UK and elsewhere abroad for conferences, meetings and engineering visits.
We look forward to hearing from you!
At OQC we are not just hoping you’ll fit in our culture. We aspire to thrive, as a company and as people, thanks to your diversity of thought and background. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing our team members with a work environment free from discrimination, where everyone is treated with respect. Our employment decisions are based on business needs, talent and merit and all our colleagues share in the responsibility for fulfilling our commitment to diversity. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, or if you think we can do better with our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
Ew Rf Test & Analysis Researcher (Entry Level) Elsys, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, about 2 hours ago
EW RF Test & Analysis Researcher (Entry-Level) -- ELSYS Submit Resume ID:496886 Type:Researchers Location:Other Categories:Aeronautics, Algorithm Development, Artificial Intelligence, Electronic W...
Software Engineer For Quantum Communication Systems: High Performance Data Processing, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 6 hours ago
QuTech is a mission-driven research institute run jointly by Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) and the Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research (TNO). Together, we work on ...
Research Engineer, Power Converter Systems, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 23 hours ago
Job Description NUS is looking for Research Engineer for design and development of intelligent grid-connected/islanded power converter systems, with special focus on power-quality and energy-inter...
Research Engineer , University of Alberta, Canada, 11 days ago
This competition is open to all applicants however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority considerat...
Research Officer Good Health Design, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 7 days ago
Research Officer / Senior Research Officer- Design for Health AUT's School of Art and Design is ranked in the top 100 worldwide by QS World University Rankings. We are one of the largest providers...
Assistant Or Associate Professor Human Ai Interaction Automated Driving, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, about 14 hours ago
General introduction The department of Industrial Design is one of the nine departments of the Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e). Research at the department is focused on two areas or them...