The Faculty of Technology, Design and Environment is recruiting for 2 fixed-term Researchers in Residential Energy Demand for 27 months starting from 1st October 2019 or sooner.
The overall purpose of the role is to help with the implementation of externally funded projects in the Low Carbon Building Research (LCBR) Group.
You will be responsible for:
- Implementation and day-to-day running of the EPSRC funded RESIDE and BEIS funded Domestic demand side response projects
- Undertaking large-scale monitoring campaign of electricity use of dwellings across the five climatic zones of India
- Monitoring housing developments for their energy and environmental performance, and gather occupant feedback
- Creating dwelling level and community-level GIS-based energy models to predict potential for local demand reduction
- Conducting resident surveys to assess user experience with domestic demand side response
- Gathering and analysing time-series data on domestic electricity use, generation and storage to assess the effectiveness of smart batteries and control
- Preparation of papers for publication and making presentations at meetings and/or conferences.
You will also be responsible to assist other researchers in the Research Group (e.g. student, visitors) as required on research projects running in the Low Carbon Building Research Group and contribute to the research culture.
You will undertake any teaching activities that may be agreed with the Head of the Research Group and in line with any Funding Body's rules/regulations e.g. tutorials, practicals.
As Researcher in Residential Energy Demand you should have:
- A higher degree (MSc) in architectural engineering, building services, architecture or similar discipline
- Experience of undertaking monitoring and/or post-occupancy evaluation of buildings
- Experience of using dynamic thermal simulation packages such as IES, Design Builder etc
- Advanced knowledge of housing energy use and carbon emission reductions
- Experience of undertaking analysis of big datasets
- Experience of designing and analysing appropriate research tools, eg questionnaires and interviews
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
As one of the largest employers in Oxford we pride ourselves in the great experience we offer our staff. You'll be joining a friendly, professional environment where every member of staff is recognised as important to the success of Oxford Brookes University. To find out more about the benefits of working for Oxford Brookes please visit: www.brookes.ac.uk/job-vacancies/working-at-brookes.
The University has adopted equality, diversity and inclusion as core values. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates whatever their background, and especially from BAME candidates who are under-represented in our workforce.
Please note, due to the volume of applications, we are not able to provide feedback to applicants that are not shortlisted.
International applicants from outside the EU will need to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.
To email the post of Researcher in Residential Energy Demand to a friend copy and paste link below:
Postdoctoral Research Assistant In Quantum Materials (2 Posts), University of Oxford, United Kingdom, 21 days ago
UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD, DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS CLARENDON LABORATORY, OXFORD Postdoctoral Research Assistant in Quantum Materials (2 posts) Grade 7: £ 32,236 – £ 39,609 pa Fixed term (3 years) Applica...
Postdoctoral Prize Research Fellowships In Sociology (2 Posts), Nuffield College, United Kingdom, about 17 hours ago
Nuffield College intends to appoint with effect from 1 September 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter, two Postdoctoral Prize Research Fellows (PPRFs) in Sociology, broadly construed to include ...
Post Doctoral Fellow In Organisational Behaviour And Knowledge Management , University of Reading, United Kingdom, about 14 hours ago
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Post-Doctoral Fellow in Organisational Behaviour, to join an enthusiastic and ambitious team at Henley Business School. The post will combine providing res...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow Wealthpol: The Politics Of Wealth Inequality And Mobility In The..., University of Oxford, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
Department of Politics and International Relations, Manor Road Building, Manor Road, Oxford Grade 7: £32,817 p.a. The Department of Politics and International Relations at the University of Oxford...
Post Doctoral Research Associate, Diamond Light Source Ltd, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
Post Doctoral Research Associate, cryoEM Business Area: Science Full Time Salary: £33,297 to £39,172 per annum (Discretionary range to £45,048) Post Type: Full time / Fixed term Term: 3 years Clos...
Casual Front Of House Assistant(S), Nuffield College, United Kingdom, about 17 hours ago
Nuffield College seeks to appoint one or more casual Front of House Assistants for its Catering and Conference Department. This is a great opportunity to join our Front of House team and assist in...