2. Job Purpose
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to research mission of the University.
3. Key Roles & Responsibilities
The Biotechnology Center at Khalifa University is seeking a candidate for Senior Research Scientist appointment in discipline relevant to Bioinformatics.
Starting dates for these positions will be Jan 1st 2022 till 31st Dec 2023
The responsibilities of Research Associate members shall be an appropriate combination of:
- Research, scholarly or other creative activities.
- Research service.
- Successful candidates will join the Biotechnology Center and will be expected to initiate and lead funded research projects in the Genome Field.
- Carries out research and produces publications, or other research output, in line with personal objectives agreed in the review process.
- Engages in scholarly or creative activities in their area of expertise and makes results available for critical peer review.
- Contributes to research center or University-wide working groups or committees as requested.
- Fosters service by contributing to the community at large in participatory, developmental and advisory capacity.
- Supports and participates in research activities.
4. Qualifications & Experience
- PhD or equivalent in computational biology, Genomics, computer science, epidemiology, statistics, mathematics, or another quantitative field.
The candidate must have:
- Substantial experience with computational, statistical, and epidemiologic data analysis.
- Demonstrated computational analysis skills in complex disease (Diabetes, cardiovascular disease) omics association studies.
- The necessary skills to create mathematical models, develop dynamic simulations, and perform pattern analyses of large comprehensive datasets
- Experience and training in genomic analyses.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills and experience developing algorithms and/or conducting biostatistical analyses with large datasets, particularly genome-wide assays such as whole genome data (Whole genome/exome Sequencing) and large SNP arrays.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Primary Location: KUK – Khalifa University
Job: Research Scientist
Job Type: Full-time
Flavivirus Spatiotemporal Epidemiology Opportunity (Orise), USDA ORISE, United States, 15 days ago
AgencyUSDA ORISELocationNegotiableJob CategoryPost Doctoral AppointmentsSalaryStipend commensurate with educational level and experienceStart Date05/14/2023Last Date to Apply04/14/2023Websitehttps...
Part Time It Staff Dtu Biosustain, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 22 days ago
Bridging Biological and Physical Models to Study Heterogeneity Behaviour in Bioreactors We are looking for a part time colleague to help us simulate how the cells perform inside a reactor with hig...
Bioinformatician At Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska Institute, Sweden, about 23 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? Department of Oncology-Pathology Barntumörbanken (BTB) , or in English: The Swedish Childhood Tumor Biobank, is a national infrastructure...
Data Steward, VIB, Belgium, about 11 hours ago
Context VIB (Vlaams Instituut voor Biotechnologie) is an entrepreneurial non-profit research institute, with a clear focus on ground-breaking strategic basic research in life sciences and operates...
Research Scientist (M/F/D) In Plant Genetics And Breeding , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 3 hours ago
13.03.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Chair of Plant Breeding at the Technical University of Munich / TUM School of Life Sciences invites applications for the position of a Plant Scientist s...
Statistician, Core , University of Gothenburg, Sweden, 20 days ago
The University of Gothenburg tackles society’s challenges with diverse knowledge. 56 000 students and 6 600 employees make the university a large and inspiring place to work and study. Strong rese...