School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs) are a unique UK-wide activity that help businesses to improve their competitiveness and productivity by making better use of the knowledge, technology and skills within universities, colleges and research organisations.
Further information is available at: www.ktponline.org.uk
The University of Essex in partnership with Glasswall Solutions Ltd offers an exciting opportunity to a graduate with the relevant skills and knowledge to contribute to the development and deployment of a commercially ready Content Disarm and Reconstruction (CDR) software system.
This post is fixed term for 24 months and is based at Glasswall’s offices in Woking.
DUTIES OF THE POST
The duties of the post will include:
- Familiarise themselves with Glasswall’s FileTrust and Content Disarm and Reconstruction (CDR) engine
- Conduct research in structure extraction and hashing techniques as enabling technologies for generating the file hashes for threat analysis
- Designing and deployment of machine learning-enabled threat intelligence solution
- Interfacing of developed solutions with the company’s APIs for process automation
- Development of scalability mechanism and testing the threat intelligence engine
- Investigating the machine learning approaches suitable for the threat analysis
- Publishing academic journal articles and drafting patent applications, where required
- Preparing and presenting results of the research programme to both technical panel meetings and lay audiences
The post holder must have:
- MSc in Computer Science, Computer/Cyber/Network Security, Artificial Intelligence or a related discipline, or relevant industry experience
- Good theoretical and applied knowledge of the latest techniques in feature extraction and hashing techniques
- Ability to deploy the latest machine learning techniques to develop an intelligent threat analysis engine
- Knowledge and/or experience of commercial deployment
- Ability to work independently and identify and engage with relevant stakeholders to drive forward development
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Glasswall Solutions Ltd
At the University of Essex, internationalism and diversity is central to who we are and what we do. We are committed to being a cosmopolitan, internationally oriented university that is welcoming to staff and students from all countries, faiths and backgrounds, where you can find the world in one place.
To support this commitment we have our Global Forum , a staff-led network that promotes and celebrates the rich cultural diversity among Essex staff, and our Colchester campus based Faith Centre , which hosts regular services, meetings and events organised by our chaplains and faith representatives.
Please see the attached job pack, which contains a full job description and person specification, which outlines the full duties, skills, qualifications and experience needed for this role plus more information relating to the post. We recommend you read this information carefully before making an application. Applications should be made on-line, but if you would like advice or help in making an application, or need information in a different format, please telephone the Resourcing Team (01206 876559).
*More information: Working at the University
Ai & Machine Learning Development Engineer , University of Derby ;, Laos, 11 days ago
Location: Cedar House, Ashby de la Zouch, LE65 2UZ Contract Type: 24 months fixed term contract University of Derby’s College of Science & Engineering in partnership with Premtech ltd are offering...
Assistant Professor In Data Driven Security, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 16 days ago
The Security (SEC) cluster within the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at the Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands is hiring an Assistant Professor in the area of cybe...
Assistant Professor In Data Driven Security, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 23 hours ago
Position Assistant Professor Department(s) Mathematics and Computer Science Reference number V32.5019 Job description The Security (SEC) cluster within the Department of Mathematics and Computer S...
Data Scientist (Ktp Associate), University of Hull, United Kingdom, about 12 hours ago
View All Vacancies Reference: FS0593 Campus: External Organisation Site Faculty/Area: Faculty of Science and Engineering School/Department: Department of Computer Science and Technology Subjec...
Assistant Professor, McGill University, Canada, 28 days ago
Assistant Professor (Tenure Track), Rosalind & Morris Goodman Cancer Research Centre and Department of Microbiology & Immunology, Cancer Immunology (L000058) Position description The Department of...
Network Innovation Specialist, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
DepartmentData and Technical Networks – Institute of Computer Science Deadline 13 Jun 2021 Start date 1. 6. 2021 E-APPLICATION Do you want to influence the life of the next generations and make t...