The Faculty of Health and Life Sciences are currently recruiting for a full time Research Grants Officer. You will be supporting the Associate Dean (Research and Knowledge Exchange) and the Research Managers in the implementation and promotion of the Faculty's Research and Knowledge Exchange strategies and processes, particularly supporting all stages of the external grants submission process and the implementation and monitoring of post award requirements. The Research Grants Officer will also provide support for the Faculty's Research Excellence Framework (REF) submission.
The Research Grants Officer will:
- Liaise closely with faculty finance and RBDO helping and advising Principal Investigators on all aspects of external grant submission.
- Provide support for the Faculty's Research Excellence Framework (REF) submission.
- Support the Chair of the Grants Panel and individual staff in identifying funding opportunities and advise on the planning and writing of funding applications.
- Support the Research Manager in the management of the Faculty's external grant application process and in the organisation and publicising of faculty research and researcher development events.
- Develop and maintain appropriate databases and provide Faculty management with appropriate information and analysis for Faculty committees, annual reviews and the Research Excellence Framework.
- Act as secretary to the Faculty Research and Knowledge Exchange Committee and the Faculty Grants Panel.
You should have:
- A degree or significant relevant experience
- Significant administrative and financial experience in a research organisation and/or Higher Education
- Good knowledge and understanding of HE systems and procedures for academic and student research support
- Knowledge of the funding culture for the faculty
- The ability to work effectively in teams and have strong communication skills
- Ability to manage and monitor budgets
- Able to draft concise notes and minutes from complex discussions.
You will enjoy the benefits of working at Oxford Brookes University with up to 38 days holiday, rising to 41 days holiday (this includes 13 Bank Holidays and Concessionary Days), a generous Local Government pension scheme (14.4% Employer contribution rate), cycle to work scheme and access to a variety of university facilities (NHS Dentist, Brookes Nursery, Gym and sports facilities). For more information about benefits please see the document 'All about Brookes' below.
CV and Personal Statement:
As part of the application process all applicants are required to complete our online application form by clicking on the “Apply For Job” button below. All parts of the application form should be completed and in the section of the form called “Supporting Documents”, applicants must upload their CV and a Personal Statement. To complete the Personal Statement part of the application, applicants must download the Personal Statement document which is part of the advert below and complete the form, providing examples and explaining how they meet each item detailed on the document. The Personal Statement must then be uploaded to the application form along with the CV.
The University has adopted equality, diversity and inclusion as core values. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates whatever their background, and especially from BAME candidates who are under-represented in our workforce.
International applicants from outside the EU will need to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK, as we will not be able to obtain a certificate of sponsorship for the post.
To email the post of Reserach Grants Officer to a friend copy and paste link below:
Bursar, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 18 hours ago
£72,782 - £84,350 gross per annum plus housing allowance, currently £2,505 gross per annum. St Antony’s College, University of Oxford, invites applications for the post of Bursar. The Bursar is th...
Systems Manager, University of Reading, United Kingdom, about 8 hours ago
The Henley Business School is committed to the development and improvement of its digital platforms and the Information and Learning Systems (ILS) team is key to deliver this. The team is based wi...
Departmental Lecturer In Mathematical And Computational Finance, Mathematical Institute, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
The Mathematical Institute proposes to appoint a Departmental Lecturer in Mathematical and Computational Finance. This is a full-time permanent position. The Departmental Lecturer will have an o...
Opportunities At The Central Laser Facility, STFC - Science and Technology Facilities Council - Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (RAL), United Kingdom, 27 days ago
STFC - Science and Technology Facilities Council - Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (RAL) Didcot, United Kingdom Are you interested in science or engineering? Perhaps you have recently graduated and...
Senior Laser Support Scientist (Maternity Cover), Diamond Light Source, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Health Librarian, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
Location: Abingdon Closing date: 17/09/2019 Salary: Competitive Employment type: Permanent Department: University Education Services Job Purpose: You will have responsibility for the provision of ...