The Faculty of Health and Life Sciences are currently recruiting for a full time Research Grants Officer. You will be supporting the Associate Dean (Research and Knowledge Exchange) and the Research Managers in the implementation and promotion of the Faculty's Research and Knowledge Exchange strategies and processes, particularly supporting all stages of the external grants submission process and the implementation and monitoring of post award requirements. The Research Grants Officer will also provide support for the Faculty's Research Excellence Framework (REF) submission.
The Research Grants Officer will:
- Liaise closely with faculty finance and RBDO helping and advising Principal Investigators on all aspects of external grant submission.
- Provide support for the Faculty's Research Excellence Framework (REF) submission.
- Support the Chair of the Grants Panel and individual staff in identifying funding opportunities and advise on the planning and writing of funding applications.
- Support the Research Manager in the management of the Faculty's external grant application process and in the organisation and publicising of faculty research and researcher development events.
- Develop and maintain appropriate databases and provide Faculty management with appropriate information and analysis for Faculty committees, annual reviews and the Research Excellence Framework.
- Act as secretary to the Faculty Research and Knowledge Exchange Committee and the Faculty Grants Panel.
You should have:
- A degree or significant relevant experience
- Significant administrative and financial experience in a research organisation and/or Higher Education
- Good knowledge and understanding of HE systems and procedures for academic and student research support
- Knowledge of the funding culture for the faculty
- The ability to work effectively in teams and have strong communication skills
- Ability to manage and monitor budgets
- Able to draft concise notes and minutes from complex discussions.
You will enjoy the benefits of working at Oxford Brookes University with up to 38 days holiday, rising to 41 days holiday (this includes 13 Bank Holidays and Concessionary Days), a generous Local Government pension scheme (14.4% Employer contribution rate), cycle to work scheme and access to a variety of university facilities (NHS Dentist, Brookes Nursery, Gym and sports facilities). For more information about benefits please see the document 'All about Brookes' below.
CV and Personal Statement:
As part of the application process all applicants are required to complete our online application form by clicking on the “Apply For Job” button below. All parts of the application form should be completed and in the section of the form called “Supporting Documents”, applicants must upload their CV and a Personal Statement. To complete the Personal Statement part of the application, applicants must download the Personal Statement document which is part of the advert below and complete the form, providing examples and explaining how they meet each item detailed on the document. The Personal Statement must then be uploaded to the application form along with the CV.
The University has adopted equality, diversity and inclusion as core values. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates whatever their background, and especially from BAME candidates who are under-represented in our workforce.
International applicants from outside the EU will need to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK, as we will not be able to obtain a certificate of sponsorship for the post.
To email the post of Reserach Grants Officer to a friend copy and paste link below:
Executive Officer Research, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, about 8 hours ago
The Department of Oncology is seeking to appoint to the new role of Executive Officer (Research). Working with the Head of Department, the Director of the Oxford Institute for Radiation Oncology ...
International Research Officer, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, about 8 hours ago
Applications are invited for the post of International Research Officer in the European and International Team of Research Services. This is a new role and the postholder will play a key role in t...
Part Time International Officer, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
The TORCH International Officer supports researchers in their collaborations with international partners. Sitting centrally within the TORCH Team, this role is responsible for the executive admini...
Finance Officer (Grants), University of Oxford, United Kingdom, about 8 hours ago
The Nuffield Department of Population Health is one of the largest and most prestigious research departments within the University of Oxford, attracting some of the best researchers, academics and...
Senior Research Impact Facilitator (Maternity Cover), University of Oxford, United Kingdom, about 8 hours ago
Oxford’s social scientists and their research make a significant difference to people’s lives across the globe through a range of policy, practitioner, commercial and public engagement. The Senior...
Gmp Facilities Manager, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, about 8 hours ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a GMP Facilities Manager to provide building and facilities management (FM) and research laboratory support within the PET Radiopharmacy Oxford (PROx) Unit. It ...