The NISCM Cluster focuses on the research and development of cost-effective high-efficiency solar cells that are suitable for high-volume manufacturing. This includes both single-junction wafer-based silicon solar cells as well as perovskite/silicon tandem solar cells. Full-size n-type Cz silicon wafers are used as substrates and processed into either monofacial or bifacial solar cells. Selected research topics of the cluster include doped semiconductors (e.g. a-Si, poly-Si), tandem solar cell development, silicon bulk passivation, ultra-thin layers and new materials for passivated contacts, alternative doping methods (e.g. doped thin films), laser processing and advanced metallisation.
We are looking for a motivated candidate to lead the development of large-area (> 400 cm2), 2-terminal (2T) perovskite/silicon solar cells and reduce the barrier to manufacturing of 2T tandem solar cells and modules.
- Fabrication of > 30% “industrially-viable” and “stable” large-area (> 400 cm2) high-efficiency 2T perovskite/silicon tandem cells.
- A team player towards integration of the ~30% cells to a commercially relevant PV module.
- Research focusing on the following:
- Conceptualization, design, development and fabrication of low-cost methods for tandem solar cells & modules with a specific focus on upscaling and commercialisation.
- Developing a commercially relevant intellectual property (IP) portfolio.
- Drive analysis and characterisation for complex industrial processes especially at an early stage of the commercialisation.
- Perform design-of-experiments (DOE) and advanced characterization to obtain optimised unit layers.
- Designing advanced patterning methods and/or masked/selective deposition.
- Effectively contribute in the project team(s) for solar cell & module efficiency improvements.
- Assist in developing new processes and improving existing processes.
- Regularly present loss (and gain) analysis of tandem cells
- Be involved in roadmap discussions and contribute to the design and development of new processing tools and processes
- Lead as well as conduct processing for high-efficiency perovskite/silicon tandem solar cells using tools such as: PVD, ALD, sputtering, evaporation, slot-die coating, spin-coating, wet chemical baths, PECVD, tube furnaces, laser tools, screen printing, annealing stations and curing/firing furnaces.
- Develop key metrology metrics and workflows to enable in-line integration in future tandem solar cell production lines. This includes methods such as spectroscopic ellipsometry, contact resistivity, Hall, current-voltage (I-V) testing, quantum efficiency (QE), time-resolved photoluminescence (TRPL), photoluminescence quantum yield (PLQY), x-ray diffraction (XRD), x-ray fluorescence (XRF), mass spectroscopy (ICP-MS), electron microscopy (SEM/TEM/FIB), contact potential, photo-electron spectroscopy (PESA, UPS, XPS) and other relevant characterization methods.
- Assist the group with processing and characterisation services for various industry-funded and public-funded projects.
- PhD or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Materials Sciences or Physics, with a specialization in perovskite/silicon tandem photovoltaics.
- 3-5 years of experience in large-area perovskite top cell fabrication, thin-film solar cells, tandem cells and characterization, or other relevant experience.
- Must be target/KPI-driven and well organized
- Must be able to manage multiple stakeholders (internal and external) and work effectively on highly confidential projects.
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance and reporting is required.
- Must be able to independently plan, initiate/execute and report on research activities. Project manage¬ment experience is a plus, including managing a team of process and equipment engineers supporting the R&D activities
- Researchers with prior experience on development of 2T perovskite/silicon tandem cells will be highly preferred.
- Required to work in semiconductor cleanroom and characterisation lab.
- Expertise in relevant scientific software and/or scientific software development is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication (in English) skills required.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Must be able to work well with others in a collaborative team environment.
- Effective communication of ideas and results to the team and/or other stakeholders is crucial.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Solar Energy Research Inst of S'pore
Department: Research Cluster
Employee Referral Eligible: N
Job requisition ID: 21091
Senior Research Fellow (Upscaling Tandem), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, Singapore, 28 days ago
4 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE Research Field Engineering Physics Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Singapore Application Dea...
Postdoctoral Researcher/Fellow In Perovskite Solar Cell Research, University of Sydney, Australia, 1 day ago
Full time 3 years fixed term, located on the Camperdown Campus at the School of Physics Opportunity to make valuable contributions to research in single junction and tandem solar cells Base salary...
Postdoctoral Position On Green Synthesis Of M Xenes/Perovskite Solar Cell Heterojunctions, ICN2, Spain, about 15 hours ago
As a flagship research center in nanoscience and nanotechnology, our mission is to open and explore new frontiers of knowledge at the nanoscale and bring value to society in the form of new unders...
Post Doctoral Fellow In Electrical Engineering, KHALIFA UNIVERSITY, United Arab Emirates, 5 days ago
25 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company KHALIFA UNIVERSITY Research Field Engineering Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Established Researcher (R3) Country United Arab Emirate...
Researcher In Tandem Solar Cell Materials, University of Oslo, Norway, 4 days ago
powered by: Cookie Information Nettsiden bruker cookies Vi ønsker at du skal være trygg når du bruker dette nettstedet. Vi benytter cookies for å sikre at du får en best mulig brukeropplevelse og ...
Post Doctoral Position In Membrane Based Nano Mechanobiology, Institute of Photonic Sciences, Luxembourg, about 22 hours ago
ICFO is offering a postdoctoral position to a well-qualified, highly motivated and dynamic young scientist who wishes to enhance his/her scientific career in a friendly and stimulating environment...