School of Engineering - Department of Civil, Environmental and Mining Engineering
- Level B, part-time (0.75 FTE) appointment on fixed term basis until 30 June 2027
- Base salary range: $108,509 – $128,404 p.a. (pro rata) plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
The discipline of Environmental Engineering sits within the Department of Civil, Environmental and Mining Engineering, in the School of Engineering. The discipline is a research-intensive group, with strong links to industry. Our School is committed to producing graduates that are technically highly skilled, cognizant of the environment in which they work and aware of the financial, social and environmental challenges of the 21st Century.
About the opportunity
As the appointee, you will work in close collaboration with Professor Carolyn Oldham (UWA), Dr Chantal Bourgault (UWA) and Associate Professor Andrew Knight (Curtin University) on a project within the Cooperative Research Centre for Transformations in Mining Economies (CTC TiME). The project uses trans-disciplinary approaches across environmental engineering, Aboriginal engagement, land and water rehabilitation, Aboriginal research methodology, organisational and social psychology, science communication and environmental regulation and policy.
You will be involved in planning, conducting and reporting on research, working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, including Aboriginal people on Country, and producing common language communication tools appropriate for different stakeholder groups. You will facilitate stakeholder collaborations to understand their perspectives on, and aspirations for, mine pit lakes after mine closure.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate :
- PhD in an academic field relevant to the discipline or other higher professional qualifications or experience relevant to the discipline
- Demonstrated experience in sophisticated relational work, across multiple stakeholder groups in cross-cultural, cross-agency and cross-disciplinary settings.
- Demonstrated experience in developing creative processes and outputs in the context of research e.g. photography, videography, the performing and/or visual arts.
- Demonstrated experience in leading participatory action research, or similar co-design methodologies, with Aboriginal and non- Aboriginal communities.
- Experience and knowledge of sound and practical application of the ethical and responsible research standards outlined in the Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies (AIATSIS) Code, specifically a demonstrated ability and willingness to enact the principles and practices supporting Cultural Safety and Cultural Security working with Aboriginal people.
- Experience working in remote locations with Aboriginal communities.
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Position Description - Research Fellow.pdf
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Monday, 25 September 2023
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Professor Carolyn Oldham at email@example.com
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details : Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for children aged 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.
A Postdoctoral Researcher, RUDARSKO-GEOLOŠKO-NAFTNI FAKULTET, Croatia, 14 days ago
21 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company RUDARSKO-GEOLOŠKO-NAFTNI FAKULTET Department Department of Petroleum and Gas Engineering and Energy Research Field Engineering Researcher Profile F...
Assistant Research (Postdoctoral Researcher) In Engineering And Technology Or Natural Sciences Fields, AGH University of Krakow, Poland, 14 days ago
21 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company AGH University of Krakow Department FACULTY of Geo-data Science, Geodesy, and Environmental Engineering, DEPARTMENT of Mining Areas Protection, Geo...
Postdoctoral Fellow Construction Engineering And Management, University of Alberta, Canada, 4 days ago
This position has a term length of 1 year with a possibility of extension and offers a benefits package found at Postdoctoral Fellows Benefits . Location - Work primarily takes place at North Camp...
Postdoc In Microbial Natural Product Chemist Dtu Bioengineering, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 28 days ago
If you are a highly ambitious natural product chemist and look for the best possible foundation to fulfill your career goal and dreams, this is the right job for you. At DTU Bioengineering, you ar...
Postdoc In Natural Language Processing And Formal Methods For Compliance – Dtu Compute, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 14 hours ago
If you are an early-stage researcher and you are looking for the best possible foundation for fulfilling your dreams and ambitions, it is right here in front of you. The Department of Applied Math...
Rector Of The Silesian Univeristy Of Technology Announces A Competition For The Employment Of Prominent Researchers For The Position Of University Professor In A Group Of Research Employees, As Part Of The Excellence Initiative Research University, Silesian University of Technology, Poland, 7 days ago
28 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Silesian University of Technology Research Field Engineering » Aerospace engineering Engineering » Biomaterial engineering Engineering » Chemical e...