This is a fixed term appointment for 3 years.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead occupation focused research in the Centre of Movement and Occupational and Rehabilitation Sciences (MOReS) working closely with Oxford Health Biomedical Research Centre. The position will provide research leadership through development of principal/ co-investigator projects and research bids/fellowships in order to build and lead a team with an occupation focused research theme in MOReS.
The successful candidate will:
- contribute to occupational focused research
- create and foster collaborative partnerships to enhance occupational therapy research capacity and capability
- contribute to supporting and developing research projects for the postgraduate and undergraduate occupational therapy programmes and lead major research projects and/or research teams in the program
- contribute to the evidence based education of the postgraduate and undergraduate occupational therapy programmes and lead major research projects and/or teams
- develop established, or initiate and develop novel research National/International collaborations to generate multi/interdisciplinary research outputs
- be accountable for mentoring/coaching and supervision of junior research staff, undergraduate and postgraduate (Masters and PhD) project/dissertation students and visiting researchers
- be responsible for planning and carrying out experimental work, clinical trials and managing governance and ethics keeping accurate case report forms, trial master file, ensuring all research governance procedures and trial management adhered to, data analysis & interpretation and report writing.
You should have:
- a pre-registration degree (Bachelors, Masters or Diploma) in occupational therapy. A higher degree (Doctorate) in a related area
- proven leadership skills including the ability to quickly build effective relationships with team members and wider stakeholders
- experience of working in previous research roles
- experience of managing research projects.
As one of the largest employers in Oxford we pride ourselves in the great experience we offer our staff. You'll be joining a friendly, professional environment where every member of staff is recognised as important to the success of Oxford Brookes University. To find out more about the benefits of working for Oxford Brookes please visit: www.brookes.ac.uk/job-vacancies/working-at-brookes.
You will also enjoy the benefits of working at Oxford Brookes University with up to 38 days holiday, rising to 41 days holiday (this includes 13 Bank Holidays and Concessionary Days), a generous Local Government pension scheme (14.7% Employer contribution rate), cycle to work scheme and access to a variety of university facilities (NHS Dentist, Brookes Nursery, Gym and sports facilities).
The University has adopted equality, diversity and inclusion as core values. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates whatever their background, and especially from BAME candidates who are under-represented in our workforce.
To email the post of Research Fellow - Occupational Therapy to a friend copy and paste link below:
Clinical Research Fellow Heart And Renal Studies Groups , University of Oxford ;, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
NDPH, Old Road Campus, Headington, Oxford E64: £33,221 - £53,244 p.a. The Nuffield Department of Population Health (NDPH) contains world-renowned population health research groups and provides an ...
Postdoctoral Research Associate In Synthesis And Physical Organic Chemistry Of Porphyrin Nanorings , University of Oxford ;, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Department of Chemistry, Chemistry Research Laboratory, 12 Mansfield Road, Oxford Grade 7: £32,817 - £40,322 p.a. Applications are invited for a Postdoctoral Research Associate in Synthesis and Ph...
Postdoctoral Research Assistant Lh Cb & Besiii Group (2 Posts) , University of Oxford ;, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD - Particle Physics, Denys Wilkinson Building, Keble Road, Oxford Applications are invited for two Postdoctoral Research Assistant posts in Particle Physics. The posts are avai...
Research Fellow In Computational Genomics Of Inflammation, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
<p>NUFFIELD DEPARTMENT OF ORTHOPAEDICS, RHEUMATOLOGY AND MUSCULOSKELETAL SCIENCES</p> <p><strong>Research Fellow in Computational Genomics of Inflammation (146415)</strong></p> <p>Grade 7: Salary ...
Senior Research Associate In Multi Hazard Risk Modelling , University of Oxford ;, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
School of Geography and the Environment, South Parks Road, Oxford Grade 8: £41,526 - £42,792 p.a. We are seeking a Senior Research Associate to work on a new research project to predict multi-haza...
Postdoctoral Scientist In Targeted Therapy Against Leukaemic Stem Cells , University of Oxford ;, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
Radcliffe Department of Medicine, MRC Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, MRC Molecular Haematology Unit, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford Grade 7: £32,817 - £40,322 p.a. An exc...