- Great opportunity to work on an evaluative research project focused on oral health services for children in NSW
- Part-time 18.75 hours per week, fixed-term until 30 August 2023
- Base Salary $110,856 - $131,639 pro-rata + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Menzies Centre for Health Policy and Economics and the Sydney Dental School is seeking a Research Fellow/ Project Manager to work on an evaluation research project in the field of oral health services in New South Wales. In this position, the successful candidate will oversee the day-to-day management of the project, liaise with government partners, and contribute their mixed-methods expertise for data collection, analysis, and reporting.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Oversee day to day management of the research project including coordination of timelines for different work packages
- communication with varied stakeholders including government partners
- undertake mixed methods research within an established research protocol, including data collection, analysis, and reporting
- developing a network of relationships with key academic, industry, and professional institutions, partners, and stakeholders
- developing knowledge and understanding of the key strategic issues in the discipline and higher education sector.
- Have a PhD in an academic field relevant to the discipline
- demonstrative experience working and liaising with government and policy partners
- demonstrative expertise and experience in undertaking health services research and evaluation
- expertise in the design and conduct of mixed-methods research, including with consumers
- track record of successful completion of evaluation projects
- demonstrated capacity to communicate effectively across a range of media and forums
- experience in supervising or mentoring others and/or coordinating team activities.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People , women , people living with a disability , people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds , and those who identify as LGBTIQ . We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Rachel Yazigi, Recruitment Operations, by email Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org .
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Thursday 30 June 2022 11:59 PM
Research Assistant, University of Sydney, Australia, about 10 hours ago
Exciting opportunity to undertake data collection in Wagga Wagga for a research project being conducted by the University of Sydney, Wagga Wagga City Council, Murrumbidgee Local Health District an...
Research Assistant, University of Sydney, Australia, 18 days ago
Full time, 3 years fixed term. Located on the Narrabri Campus Opportunity to provide technical and operational support to the Indigenous Grasslands for Grain project Base Salary $78K - $87K (HEO5)...
Research Fellow (C2 Impress), RMIT University, Spain, 11 days ago
Responsible for oversight and delivery of the EU funded (Horizon Europe) project C2IMPRESS Collaborative and dynamic international team High level proficiency in English and working rights in Spai...
Post Doctoral Research Project Manager, Teagasc, Ireland, 26 days ago
Job Summary Duration: Temporary Externally Funded Non Grant-in-Aid contract post, the indicative duration of which is 13 months, subject to contract. A panel may be formed from which future simil...
Research Assistant, University of Alberta, Canada, about 2 hours ago
This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA). This position has an end date of one year plus a day and offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed on our Be...
Post Doctoral Researcher, RCSI - Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Ireland, 5 days ago
Title: Post-Doctoral Researcher in Professionalism in Medicine and Health Sciences Department: Centre for Professionalism in Medicine and Health Sciences (CPMHS), Faculty of Medicine and Health Sc...