The main role is in the research and development of navigation and path planning strategies for ship hull and similar inspection with a hover capable Autonomous Underwater Vehicle.
The role will entail the following job scope:
- Research and implement perception and fusion algorithms utilising camera and sonar.
- Research and implement localisation algorithms fusing multiple navigation and sensor sources with SLAM or similar techniques.
- Implement navigation and path planning algorithms for ship hull navigation.
- Integration of robotics stack with the software architecture.
- Test and debug of robotics algorithms in software in the loop simulation.
- PhD/Msc in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Research or industry experience writing code for complex robotic systems.
- Experience with Robot Operating System framework.
- Experience with perception and fusion algorithms and libraries including Open-CV, Point-cloud library, Tracking filters, Computer vision techniques.
- Experience with AI, deep learning and machine learning algorithms such as YOLO and Faster RCNN.
- Experience with SLAM for localisation methods.
- Experience with path planning algorithms such as A*STAR.
- Proficient in Python and C++.
- Proficient in Linux.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department: Mechanical Engineering
Research Fellow, Mechanical Engineering, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, Europe, 24 days ago
An official website of the European UnionAn official EU websiteHow do you know? All official European Union website addresses are in the europa.eu domain. See all EU institutions and bodies Cookie...
Postdoc In Model Based Control, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 22 hours ago
The section for Scientific Computing at DTU Compute offers a 2 year Post Doc position in Model Based Control. The position is available as soon as possible and ideally from June 1, 2021. The candi...
Research Associate (Postdoc) In Computer Vision For Autonomous Vehicles, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 2 days ago
SnT is a leading international research and innovation centre in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems and services. We play an instrumental role in Luxembourg by fueling innovation through...
Postdoctoral Researcher On Deep Learning At The Donders Centre For Cognition, Radboud University, Netherlands, 14 days ago
The department of AI at the Donders Institute is recruiting two postdoctoral researchers on a new project called SPIKEFERENCE, co-funded by the Human Brain Project. They will work under the superv...
Senior Research Fellow, Python Software Development, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, Europe, 24 days ago
Job Description Applications are requested for two Senior Research Fellow positions on computational global optimization or Python Software Development with Prof. Christine Shoemaker, Distinguishe...
Scientific Programmer For Research Into Robots That Can Evolve And Learn, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU), Netherlands, 23 days ago
The research of the Computational Intelligence Group (https://cs.vu.nl/ci/ ) addresses fundamental issues about how to design, use, and understand autonomous machines that can evolve, learn, and s...