Saw Swee School of Public Health at the National University of Singapore (NUS) seeks a highly motivated and skilled Research Fellow to join our interdisciplinary team. This position offers the opportunity to work on groundbreaking research projects in the broad areas of infectious disease modelling, phylogeny, phylodynamics, machine learning for public health, and global health. The work will allow you to collaborate with a broad spectrum of people at school (https://sph.nus.edu.sg/research/ ), Institute of Data Science (https://ids.nus.edu.sg/ ), and global leaders who are part of the ‘Machine Learning & Global Health’ network (https://mlgh.net/ ). You can find more information about the work done by Asst. Prof Swapnil Mishra by looking here https://smishra.dev/
- Conduct high-quality research in infectious disease modelling, phylogenetics, phylodynamics, and/or machine learning applied to public health and global health.
- Develop and implement computational models, statistical methods, and machine learning algorithms to analyze infectious disease data.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams of researchers, including epidemiologists, biologists, machine learners, biostatisticians, and public health experts.
- Analyze large-scale datasets to generate insights into the transmission dynamics, evolution, and control of infectious diseases.
- Present research findings at national and international conferences and publish results in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Assist in the supervision and mentoring of graduate students and junior researchers.
- Contribute to grant proposals and progress reports for funding agencies.
- A Ph.D. in a relevant field such as computer science, statistics, epidemiology, computational biology, bioinformatics, biostatistics, machine learning, or a related discipline.
- Strong background in any one of machine learning, generative modelling, infectious disease modelling, phylogenetics, and phylodynamics.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as R, Python, C++, or Julia.
- Experience with machine learning and statistical methods applied to real-world, public health, and global health problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presenting complex concepts to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team and independently.
- Track record of publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the position, relevant experience, and research interests.
- A detailed curriculum vitae, including a list of publications.
- A brief research statement (maximum 2 pages) outlining your research experience and future plans.
- Contact information for three professional references who can provide letters of recommendation upon request.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The anticipated start date is July 2023, but this is negotiable. The initial appointment will be for one year, with the possibility of renewal based on performance.
NUS is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability.
In case of any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact Ass. Prof Swapnil Mishra with the subject line ‘Research Fellow in Infectious Disease Modelling, Phylogeny, and Machine Learning for Public Health’.
A Ph.D. in a relevant field such as computer science, statistics, epidemiology, computational biology, bioinformatics, biostatistics, machine learning, or a related discipline.
Contact list for further enquiries
Hiring Manager: [[Assistant Prof Swapnil Mishra]]
Hiring Manager Email: [[email@example.com ]]
Casual Research Assistant – Artificial Intelligence For Software Engineering, Deakin University, Australia, about 10 hours ago
Apply now Job no:545553 Work type:Casual Location:Flexible Categories:Information Technology, Research Casual Hourly Rate: $43.47 per hour + 11% Superannuation Employment Type: Casual (6 months, 2...
Postdoc Position In Brain Function Analysis In Machine Learning, Lulea University of Technology, Sweden, about 11 hours ago
Luleå University of Technology is in strong growth with world-leading competence in several research areas. We shape the future through innovative education and ground-breaking research results, a...
Research Fellow (Collaborative Machine Learning), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, Singapore, 11 days ago
9 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE Research Field Computer science Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Singapore Application Deadli...
Postdoc Position In Brain Function Analysis In Machine Learning, Luleå University of Technology, Sweden, 15 days ago
6 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Luleå University of Technology Research Field Computer science » Computer systems Engineering » Computer engineering Engineering » Electrical engine...
Postdoctoral Fellowship In Computer Vision, Image Procession, And Deep Learning, University of Alberta, Canada, about 13 hours ago
Location - Edmonton, AB, Canada. This role is in person NOTE : Please check Eligibility criteria first and then apply. We can consider your application only if you meet all of them. iClassifier in...
Postdoctoral Positions In Signal Processing And Machine Learning For Multimodal Molecular Imaging, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 2 days ago
Challenge: Build 3-D molecular atlases of human organs. Change: Signal processing/machine learning for high-dimensional imaging. Impact: Decipher spatiotemporal cellular diversity in human tissue ...