Saw Swee School of Public Health at the National University of Singapore (NUS) seeks a highly motivated and skilled Research Fellow to join our interdisciplinary team. This position offers the opportunity to work on groundbreaking research projects in the broad areas of infectious disease modelling, phylogeny, phylodynamics, machine learning for public health, and global health. The work will allow you to collaborate with a broad spectrum of people at school (https://sph.nus.edu.sg/research/ ), Institute of Data Science (https://ids.nus.edu.sg/ ), and global leaders who are part of the ‘Machine Learning & Global Health’ network (https://mlgh.net/ ). You can find more information about the work done by Asst. Prof Swapnil Mishra by looking here https://smishra.dev/
- Conduct high-quality research in infectious disease modelling, phylogenetics, phylodynamics, and/or machine learning applied to public health and global health.
- Develop and implement computational models, statistical methods, and machine learning algorithms to analyze infectious disease data.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams of researchers, including epidemiologists, biologists, machine learners, biostatisticians, and public health experts.
- Analyze large-scale datasets to generate insights into the transmission dynamics, evolution, and control of infectious diseases.
- Present research findings at national and international conferences and publish results in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Assist in the supervision and mentoring of graduate students and junior researchers.
- Contribute to grant proposals and progress reports for funding agencies.
- A Ph.D. in a relevant field such as computer science, statistics, epidemiology, computational biology, bioinformatics, biostatistics, machine learning, or a related discipline.
- Strong background in any one of machine learning, generative modelling, infectious disease modelling, phylogenetics, and phylodynamics.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as R, Python, C++, or Julia.
- Experience with machine learning and statistical methods applied to real-world, public health, and global health problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presenting complex concepts to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team and independently.
- Track record of publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the position, relevant experience, and research interests.
- A detailed curriculum vitae, including a list of publications.
- A brief research statement (maximum 2 pages) outlining your research experience and future plans.
- Contact information for three professional references who can provide letters of recommendation upon request.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The anticipated start date is July 2023, but this is negotiable. The initial appointment will be for one year, with the possibility of renewal based on performance.
NUS is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability.
In case of any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact Ass. Prof Swapnil Mishra with the subject line ‘Research Fellow in Infectious Disease Modelling, Phylogeny, and Machine Learning for Public Health’.
A Ph.D. in a relevant field such as computer science, statistics, epidemiology, computational biology, bioinformatics, biostatistics, machine learning, or a related discipline.
Contact list for further enquiries
Hiring Manager: [[Assistant Prof Swapnil Mishra]]
Hiring Manager Email: [[firstname.lastname@example.org ]]
Research Fellow (Infectious Disease Modelling And Machine Learning For Public Health), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, Singapore, 9 days ago
29 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE Research Field Biological sciences Computer science Mathematics Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Cou...
Postdoc Modelling Of Superconducting Qubit Circuits With Machine Learning Techniques, Helmholtz, Germany, about 2 hours ago
Your Job: The contribution of PGI-2 is scientific and toward further development of precise model to predict the response of superconducting quantum processors, aiming at constructing new schemes ...
Postdoctoral Positions In Computational Quantum Many Body Physics, Machine Learning, Quantum Computing, Quantum Machine Learning , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 19 hours ago
100%, Zurich, fixed-term The Quantum AI lab at ETH (Prof. Juan Carrasquilla ) invites applications for postdoctoral positions to work at the intersection of computational quantum many-body physics...
Research Fellow, Depatment Of Information Systems And Analytics, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, Singapore, 2 days ago
5 Dec 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE Research Field Computer science Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Singapore Application Deadli...
Research Fellow I, Singapore University of Technology & Design, Singapore, about 21 hours ago
Job Scope: Contribute to the design and implementation of natural language processing algorithms that can perform fundamental research in the field of natural language processing, which can lead t...
Research Fellow In Artificial Intelligence, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 11 days ago
« Back to Jobs Research Fellow in Artificial Intelligence Location: Kelburn Type: Contract Post Date: Fri Nov 24 01:51:15 2023 Ref: 6562B Are you looking for a 3-year fixed term contract within th...