Energy Studies Institute (ESI)
The Energy Studies Institute (ESI) is a research institute in the National University of Singapore seeking to advance the understanding of energy policy issues by conducting independent research and analysis. We are looking for researchers to join a multi-disciplinary team carrying out research projects on a range of energy issues that are of concern to Singapore and the region.
The ESI has undertaken a research project on the “Study on Singapore’s Energy and Decarbonisation Pathways”. The study team is looking for researchers with relevant experience and expertise in the fields of energy systems modelling and analysis, engineering, environmental sciences or other related quantitative research fields.
- Develop strong energy and environmental systems research that contribute to energy policy-making for Singapore on decarbonization pathways.
- Participate in engagements with the stakeholders, external consultants, and supervise the research students recruited for the Study.
- Produce policy reports, documentation and publish articles in reputable academic journals.
- Cultivate networks, initiate collaborations and prepare funding proposals.
- Carry out administrative tasks, including the organising of seminars, workshops and conferences, and other tasks assigned by the Head of Division/Principal Investigator.
- Possess a PhD degree in the fields of energy and climate economics, energy systems modelling, environmental engineering or other related quantitative research fields.
- At least 2 years of experience in one of the fields of above.
- A good understanding and interest in energy and environmental issues, such as energy supply, demand and trade, energy efficiency, energy and the environment, and climate change.
- Relevant research experience in energy and decarbonisation technologies, and associated techno-economic evaluations of these technologies.
- Relevant research experience in climate change, energy systems modelling, decomposition analysis, input-output analysis, life cycle analysis, and energy technology assessment.
- Relevant working and practical experience in industry or government agencies in the area of energy and environment in Singapore would be highly valuable.
- Track record of publications in reputable energy, environmental and/or systems modelling related journals would be an advantage.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
To apply for this position, please combine the following documents in 1 PDF and attach it under the CV column when submitting your application:
- Curriculum vitae
- A cover letter, of no more than 800 words, explaining the applicant’s past research experience and aptitude in relation to the research project
Interested candidates, please submit your application with all the required documents. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. Shortlisted applicants may be called for interview, either in person or by zoom, as appropriate. If you have not heard from us within 3 months, you should assume that your application has not been successful.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. 'Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.”
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Energy Studies Institute
Department : Research
Job requisition ID : 18074
Postdoc Techno Economic Assessment And Simulation Of Heat Storage, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 1 day ago
The EU aims to have a net-zero greenhouse gas (GHG) economy by 2050. At present, heating and cooling represent around 50% of the final energy use in Europe and are mainly supplied by fossil fuel d...
Postdoc In Borehole Thermal Energy Storage Control, Empa, Switzerland, 1 day ago
Empa - the place where innovation starts Empa is the research institute for materials science and technology of the ETH Domain and conducts cutting-edge research for the benefit of industry and th...
Two Or More Postdocs In Electromagnetic Compatible And Intelligent Power Electronics (2023 224 05198), Aalborg University, Denmark, about 2 hours ago
At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, AAU Energy, two or more postdoc positions in power electronics is open for appointment from 1st of July 2023, or soon hereafter. The positions are for 2 ...
A Two Year Post Doctoral Position In The Energy Transition Opens External, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Netherlands, 7 days ago
A two-year post-doctoral position in the Energy Transition A two-year post-doctoral position in the Energy Transition Published Deadline Location 6 Mar tomorrow Rotterdam Do you see yourself worki...
Postdoc On Legal Aspects Of An Interoperable Offshore Electricity Grid (0.8 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 2 hours ago
Societal Challenge This project is Part of Horizon Europe-funded project InterOPERA. Europe wants to build around 450 GW of offshore wind by 2050. In the future, the cables to connect offshore win...
Postdoc In Solar Energy To Decarbonize Heating And Cooling In Urban Areas, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 10 hours ago
If you are interested in optimizing the use of solar energy systems in the built environment and you want to contribute to a sustainable energy transition, then this job advertisement is for you. ...