Energy Studies Institute (ESI)
The Energy Studies Institute (ESI) is a research institute in the National University of Singapore seeking to advance the understanding of energy policy issues by conducting independent research and analysis. We are looking for researchers to join a multi-disciplinary team carrying out research projects on a range of energy issues that are of concern to Singapore and the region.
The ESI has undertaken a research project on the “Study on Singapore’s Energy and Decarbonisation Pathways”. The study team is looking for researchers with relevant experience and expertise in the fields of energy systems modelling and analysis, engineering, environmental sciences or other related quantitative research fields.
- Develop strong energy and environmental systems research that contribute to energy policy-making for Singapore on decarbonization pathways.
- Participate in engagements with the stakeholders, external consultants, and supervise the research students recruited for the Study.
- Produce policy reports, documentation and publish articles in reputable academic journals.
- Cultivate networks, initiate collaborations and prepare funding proposals.
- Carry out administrative tasks, including the organising of seminars, workshops and conferences, and other tasks assigned by the Head of Division/Principal Investigator.
- Possess a PhD degree in the fields of energy and climate economics, energy systems modelling, environmental engineering or other related quantitative research fields.
- At least 2 years of experience in one of the fields of above.
- A good understanding and interest in energy and environmental issues, such as energy supply, demand and trade, energy efficiency, energy and the environment, and climate change.
- Relevant research experience in energy and decarbonisation technologies, and associated techno-economic evaluations of these technologies.
- Relevant research experience in climate change, energy systems modelling, decomposition analysis, input-output analysis, life cycle analysis, and energy technology assessment.
- Relevant working and practical experience in industry or government agencies in the area of energy and environment in Singapore would be highly valuable.
- Track record of publications in reputable energy, environmental and/or systems modelling related journals would be an advantage.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
To apply for this position, please combine the following documents in 1 PDF and attach it under the CV column when submitting your application:
- Curriculum vitae
- A cover letter, of no more than 800 words, explaining the applicant’s past research experience and aptitude in relation to the research project
Interested candidates, please submit your application with all the required documents. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. Shortlisted applicants may be called for interview, either in person or by zoom, as appropriate. If you have not heard from us within 3 months, you should assume that your application has not been successful.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. 'Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.”
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Energy Studies Institute
Department : Research
Job requisition ID : 18074
Postdoctoral Research Fellow Optimisation Modelling For Energy Systems , Economic and Social Research Institute - ESRI ;, Ireland, 21 days ago
The Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI) wishes to make an appointment to its climate and energy modelling team. The position is a 3-year, fixed-term post and will entail close cooperatio...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow Energy Storage Research Irches , King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals ;, Argentina, about 21 hours ago
Contract Type: 2-Years (with One-Year option) Area:Energy Storage Research The IRC-HES, KFUPM invites applications for postdoc positions available at the University with a focus on Energy Storage ...
2022 224 05057 Three Or More Postdocs In Power Electronics, Aalborg University, Denmark, 20 days ago
At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, AAU Energy, three or more postdoc positions in power electronics is open for appointment from 1st of April 2023, or soon hereafter. The positions are fo...
Post Doctoral Researcher / Senior Assistant In Energy Systems Analysis , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 11 hours ago
100%, Zurich, fixed-term The Chair of Energy Systems Analysis (ESA), within the Department of Mechanical and Process Engineering at ETH Zurich, is looking for a highly motivated Post-Doctoral Rese...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow Energy Economics And Applied Microeconometrics , Economic and Social Research Institute - ESRI ;, Ireland, 21 days ago
The Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI) wishes to make an appointment to its energy and environmental economics research group. The position is a 3-year, fixed-term post and will involve...
Postdoc Position (100%) At The Laboratory Of Cryospheric Sciences, Epfl Sion, EPFL, Switzerland, about 2 hours ago
EPFL, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, is one of the most dynamic university campuses in Europe and ranks among the top 20 universities worldwide. The EPFL employs more than ...