Energy Studies Institute (ESI)
The Energy Studies Institute (ESI) is a research institute in the National University of Singapore seeking to advance the understanding of energy policy issues by conducting independent research and analysis. We are looking for researchers to join a multi-disciplinary team carrying out research projects on a range of energy issues that are of concern to Singapore and the region.
There is an opening at the research fellow level to ensure the timely delivery of research and policy recommendations with national, regional and/or international clients. The focus is on the energy supply security in the context of the global low carbon energy transition. Topics to be covered include the energy geopolitics and geo-economics, energy security, energy transition, as well as nuclear governance.
Commensurate with experience, and working as part of a team, tasks may include the following:
- Preparing and reporting knowledge regarding governments strategies and policies, at least at a basic level of understanding, will be required on areas including but not limited to:
- Nuclear energy governance and policies;
- Renewable energy deployment policies and potential;
- Energy supply chain and energy supply security.
- Desktop research based on primary and secondary sources.
- Much of the research reviewed and undertaken will be qualitative in nature, however there may be opportunities for more quantitative aspects to feature within some elements of the work.
- Engagement with local stakeholders from various sectors to exchange views and gain insights. This is a continuous and ad hoc process that will take place across the full project timeline for all work packages.
- A PhD degree in the fields of international relations/politics, law, public policy, political economy, energy science, environmental management, or other related disciplines.
- Relevant work experience of minimum 2 years, at least partly in academia, consulting or in policy review and formulation
- Possess knowledge and experience in sustainable energy transition trends and/or low carbon technology developments.
- Possess strong interpersonal, organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work well both independently and in a team.
- Possess strong influencing and collaboration qualities, analytical abilities, and a broad sense of perspective.
- Have a strong written and oral command of the English language.
- Track record of securing funding through responding to project tenders from public institutions or development agencies.
- Track record of (or potential to deliver) impactful research publications and/or thought leadership pieces.
- Good understanding of the broad issues associated with nuclear energy: history and trends, industry, economics, global dimension and geopolitics, risks and benefits, political and societal issues.
- Good understanding of national and international issues for the governance of nuclear energy: national responsibilities, international frameworks, and so on.
To apply for this position, please combine the following documents in 1 PDF and attach it under the CV column when submitting your application:
- Curriculum vitae
- A cover letter, of no more than 800 words, explaining the applicant’s past research experience and aptitude in relation to the research project
Interested candidates, please submit your application with all the required documents. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, if you have not heard from us within 3 months, you should assume that your application has not been successful.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Energy Studies Institute
Job requisition ID: 22782
Ph D Or Postdoc In The Economics And Policy Of Energy Transitions, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, about 24 hours ago
The cost of renewable technologies has plummeted making them the cheapest electricity source in many markets. Yet wind and solar power still grow too slowly compared to what we need for achieving ...
Postdoctoral Research Fellows In Cge Energy & Transport Modelling Economics , ;, Ireland, 6 days ago
The Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI) wishes to hire two Postdoctoral Research Fellows in CGE energy and transport modelling economics. These are three-year, fixed-term positions. The ...
Postdoctoral Fellow (Index No. 4501‐00), Paul Scherrer Institut Villigen, Switzerland, 25 days ago
6 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Paul Scherrer Institut Villigen Research Field Economics » Cyclical economics Economics » Cyclical economics Researcher Profile Recognised Researche...
Postdoc Position In Systems Assessment Of Hydrogen Based Energy Carriers, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, 13 days ago
17 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Chalmers University of Technology Research Field Environmental science » Other Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Sweden Applic...
Postdoc Position In Systems Assessment Of Hydrogen Based Energy Carriers, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, about 24 hours ago
We invite applicants to join our team of researchers within the area of environmental and energy systems analysis focusing on the transition towards a sustainable transport sector. We are looking ...
Community Energy Fellowship Program, U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), United States, about 3 hours ago
Organization U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Reference Code DOE-STP-SCEP-CEFP-2024 How to Apply Click on Apply below to start your application. Connect with ORISE...on the GO! Download the new ORI...