The primary role of the Research Fellow in Civil or Structural Engineering is to undertake research independently and contribute to on-going research in new product development and system enhancement in line with industry needs & Tata Steel innovation plans.
This is a full time, fixed-term appointment for 18 months.
As Research Felllow you will be responsible for:
- Establish a programme of independent research that complements the Architectural Engineering Research Group
- Work closely with the Technical Manager Product Development at Tata Steel UK and the Architectural Engineering Research Group at OBU to provide high-level research support
- Coordinate the planning, design, construction, setup, testing and breakdown of all research projects and testing needs. Allocate manpower, laboratory space and equipment, working closely with the Technical Manager
- To deliver outcomes by, contributing towards the creation of reports and presentations to industry partners, funders and customers
- Responsible for writing papers for publication and attend meetings and/or conferences
- Author, including jointly, publications of a quality that are REF returnable
- Develop collaborative research with other individuals and groups in the School, University or externally as appropriate to the needs of the overall research programme
- Undertake specialist lectures/seminars.
You should have:
- A PhD in Civil or Structural Engineering or relevant subject area
- Prior working experience in civil or structural performance related research or consultancy, ideally within the construction sector
- Background knowledge of structural mechanics and deep learning
- Background of working in a Test environment within an Engineering company and ability to solve problems is essential
- A commitment to research
- Experience as an independent researcher or post-doctoral researcher with at least one high quality publication as evidence of research excellence.
As one of the largest employers in Oxford we pride ourselves in the great experience we offer our staff. You¿ll be joining a friendly, professional environment where every member of staff is recognised as important to the success of Oxford Brookes University. To find out more about the benefits of working for Oxford Brookes please visit: www.brookes.ac.uk/job-vacancies/working-at-brookes.
The University has adopted equality, diversity and inclusion as core values. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates whatever their background, and especially from BAME candidates who are under-represented in our workforce.
To email the post of Research Fellow in Civil or Structural Engineering to a friend copy and paste link below:
Post Doctoral Research Associate, Diamond Light Source Ltd, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
Post Doctoral Research Associate, cryoEM Business Area: Science Full Time Salary: £33,297 to £39,172 per annum (Discretionary range to £45,048) Post Type: Full time / Fixed term Term: 3 years Clos...
Postdoctoral Research Assistant In Quantum Materials (2 Posts), University of Oxford, United Kingdom, 21 days ago
UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD, DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS CLARENDON LABORATORY, OXFORD Postdoctoral Research Assistant in Quantum Materials (2 posts) Grade 7: £ 32,236 – £ 39,609 pa Fixed term (3 years) Applica...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow Wealthpol: The Politics Of Wealth Inequality And Mobility In The..., University of Oxford, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
Department of Politics and International Relations, Manor Road Building, Manor Road, Oxford Grade 7: £32,817 p.a. The Department of Politics and International Relations at the University of Oxford...
Postdoctoral Prize Research Fellowships In Sociology (2 Posts), Nuffield College, United Kingdom, about 3 hours ago
Nuffield College intends to appoint with effect from 1 September 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter, two Postdoctoral Prize Research Fellows (PPRFs) in Sociology, broadly construed to include ...
Post Doctoral Fellow In Organisational Behaviour And Knowledge Management , University of Reading, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Post-Doctoral Fellow in Organisational Behaviour, to join an enthusiastic and ambitious team at Henley Business School. The post will combine providing res...
Casual Front Of House Assistant(S), Nuffield College, United Kingdom, about 3 hours ago
Nuffield College seeks to appoint one or more casual Front of House Assistants for its Catering and Conference Department. This is a great opportunity to join our Front of House team and assist in...