The primary role of the Research Fellow in Civil or Structural Engineering is to undertake research independently and contribute to on-going research in new product development and system enhancement in line with industry needs & Tata Steel innovation plans.
This is a full time, fixed-term appointment for 18 months.
As Research Felllow you will be responsible for:
- Establish a programme of independent research that complements the Architectural Engineering Research Group
- Work closely with the Technical Manager Product Development at Tata Steel UK and the Architectural Engineering Research Group at OBU to provide high-level research support
- Coordinate the planning, design, construction, setup, testing and breakdown of all research projects and testing needs. Allocate manpower, laboratory space and equipment, working closely with the Technical Manager
- To deliver outcomes by, contributing towards the creation of reports and presentations to industry partners, funders and customers
- Responsible for writing papers for publication and attend meetings and/or conferences
- Author, including jointly, publications of a quality that are REF returnable
- Develop collaborative research with other individuals and groups in the School, University or externally as appropriate to the needs of the overall research programme
- Undertake specialist lectures/seminars.
You should have:
- A PhD in Civil or Structural Engineering or relevant subject area
- Prior working experience in civil or structural performance related research or consultancy, ideally within the construction sector
- Background knowledge of structural mechanics and deep learning
- Background of working in a Test environment within an Engineering company and ability to solve problems is essential
- A commitment to research
- Experience as an independent researcher or post-doctoral researcher with at least one high quality publication as evidence of research excellence.
As one of the largest employers in Oxford we pride ourselves in the great experience we offer our staff. You¿ll be joining a friendly, professional environment where every member of staff is recognised as important to the success of Oxford Brookes University. To find out more about the benefits of working for Oxford Brookes please visit: www.brookes.ac.uk/job-vacancies/working-at-brookes.
The University has adopted equality, diversity and inclusion as core values. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates whatever their background, and especially from BAME candidates who are under-represented in our workforce.
To email the post of Research Fellow in Civil or Structural Engineering to a friend copy and paste link below:
Postdoctoral Research Assistant In Impact Engineering With Composite Materials For Aerospace Applications (2 Posts), University of Oxford, United Kingdom, about 1 hour ago
We are seeking two full-time Postdoctoral Research Associates in Impact Engineering to join a team of researchers focused on investigation of pressure and strain rate dependent behaviour of compos...
Research Associate On “Interpretable And Explainable Deep Learning For Natural Language Understanding And Commonsense Reasoning”, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
THIS POST IS FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY The Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning group at the Department of Computer Science has a vacancy for a Research Associate on “Interpretable and ...
Research Associate On “Interpretable And Explainable Deep Learning For Natural Language Understanding And Commonsense Reasoning”, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, about 1 hour ago
The Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning group at the Department of Computer Science has a vacancy for a Research Associate on “Interpretable and Explainable Deep Learning for Natural Lang...
Postdoctoral Research Assistant In Cfd For Transpiration Cooling Technologies, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
We are seeking a full-time Postdoctoral Research Assistant to join the numerical analysis group in the thermofluids laboratory at the Department of Engineering Science (Osney Lab, Oxford). The po...
Research Associate On Verified Reinforcement Learning In Automotive, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, about 1 hour ago
We have an exciting opportunity within Computer Sciences, the successful candidate will be required to work on a project where you will develop solutions for verification issues for complex cyber-...
Postdoctoral Research Scientist: Development Of The Embryonic Human Heart, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, about 1 hour ago
Applications are invited for a postdoctoral research scientist to work with Professor Paul Riley on a Human Developmental Biology Initiative. The overarching goal is to build the lineage history o...