The Faculty of Technology, Design and Environment is currently recruiting for a Research Fellow in Ethical Artifical Intelligence. This is a fixed-term appointment for 24 months.
As Research Fellow you will be responsible for:
- Contributing as part of a team of cross-disciplinary researchers in the Ethical AI Institute to the design, implementation, testing and evaluation of AI solutions
- Lead on the design and implementation of experimental evaluations of AI technologies
- Undertake statistical analysis of data using appropriate quantitative and qualitative techniques
- Write proposals jointly and collaboratively for research grant submissions and identify sources of funding
- Lead on the writing up and dissemination of research findings.
You should have:
- A good first degree in Artificial Intelligence, or postgraduate qualification in Artificial Intelligence or related discipline
- PhD or a PhD close to completion
- Experience as an independent researcher OR postdoctoral experience
- At least one high quality publication in Computer Science or related discipline
- Preference may be given to applicants with research interests in ethical Artificial Intelligence, machine learning or natural language processing
- Ability to secure external funding.
Interviews will take place in early June 2019.
As one of the largest employers in Oxford we pride ourselves in the great experience we offer our staff. You'll be joining a friendly, professional environment where every member of staff is recognised as important to the success of Oxford Brookes University. To find out more about the benefits of working for Oxford Brookes please visit: www.brookes.ac.uk/job-vacancies/working-at-brookes.
The University has adopted equality, diversity and inclusion as core values. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates whatever their background, and especially from BAME candidates who are under-represented in our workforce.
To email the post of Research Fellow - Ethical Artifical Intelligence to a friend copy and paste link below:
Postdoctoral Research Fellow – Trust In News Project (3 Posts), University of Oxford, United Kingdom, about 2 hours ago
The Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism (RISJ) in the Department of Politics and International Relations (DPIR) at the University of Oxford is seeking to appoint three postdoctoral resea...
Clinical Research Fellow Heart And Renal Studies Groups , University of Oxford ;, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
NDPH, Old Road Campus, Headington, Oxford E64: £33,221 - £53,244 p.a. The Nuffield Department of Population Health (NDPH) contains world-renowned population health research groups and provides an ...
Clinical Research Fellow Heart And Renal Studies Groups , University of Oxford, United Kingdom, about 2 hours ago
The Nuffield Department of Population Health (NDPH) contains world-renowned population health research groups and provides an excellent environment for multi-disciplinary research and teaching. Th...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Statistical Machine Learning, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
We are seeking to appoint a Postdoctoral Researcher in Statistical Machine Learning who will be based at the Big Data Institute and be part of the oxford analysis team that provides biostatistical...
Postdoctoral Research Associate In The Mathematical Modelling Of The Impact Of Hypoxia Dynamics On Therapeutic Responses In Breast Cancer , University of Oxford ;, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
Mathematical Institute, Andrew Wiles Building, Radcliffe Observatory Quarter, Woodstock Road, Oxford Grade 7: £32,817 - £33,797 p.a. We invite applications for a Postdoctoral Research Associate to...
Postdoctoral Research Associate In Molecular Scattering (3 Posts), University of Oxford, United Kingdom, about 2 hours ago
The Programme Grant 'New Directions in Molecular Scattering: Multiple Pathways and Products', held jointly by University of Oxford and Heriot-Watt University, seeks three new Postdoctoral Research...