The Faculty of Technology, Design and Environment is currently recruiting for a Research Fellow in Ethical Artifical Intelligence. This is a fixed-term appointment for 24 months.
As Research Fellow you will be responsible for:
- Contributing as part of a team of cross-disciplinary researchers in the Ethical AI Institute to the design, implementation, testing and evaluation of AI solutions
- Lead on the design and implementation of experimental evaluations of AI technologies
- Undertake statistical analysis of data using appropriate quantitative and qualitative techniques
- Write proposals jointly and collaboratively for research grant submissions and identify sources of funding
- Lead on the writing up and dissemination of research findings.
You should have:
- A good first degree in Artificial Intelligence, or postgraduate qualification in Artificial Intelligence or related discipline
- PhD or a PhD close to completion
- Experience as an independent researcher OR postdoctoral experience
- At least one high quality publication in Computer Science or related discipline
- Preference may be given to applicants with research interests in ethical Artificial Intelligence, machine learning or natural language processing
- Ability to secure external funding.
Interviews will take place in early June 2019.
As one of the largest employers in Oxford we pride ourselves in the great experience we offer our staff. You'll be joining a friendly, professional environment where every member of staff is recognised as important to the success of Oxford Brookes University. To find out more about the benefits of working for Oxford Brookes please visit: www.brookes.ac.uk/job-vacancies/working-at-brookes.
The University has adopted equality, diversity and inclusion as core values. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates whatever their background, and especially from BAME candidates who are under-represented in our workforce.
To email the post of Research Fellow - Ethical Artifical Intelligence to a friend copy and paste link below:
Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, about 22 hours ago
The Nuffield Department of Clinical Neurosciences seeks a Clinical Research Fellow to implement a programme of neuroscience research with Dr Kyle Pattinson (Associate Professor) and Dr Martyn Ezra...
Café Bar Supervisor (2 Posts), University of Oxford, United Kingdom, about 22 hours ago
Are you friendly, enthusiastic and full of energy? We are passionate about delivering consistently great service and keen to grow our supportive team. We are looking for two Café Bar Supervisors t...
Research Fellow, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
The Rees Centre, based in the Department of Education at the University of Oxford, is seeking to appoint a Research Fellow to work on an existing portfolio of high-profile quantitative research pr...
Postdoctoral Research Scientist In Sleep Neurobiology, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
This opportunity has arisen from The Medical Research Council project grant awarded to Professors Vladyslav Vyazovskiy, Kenneth Harris and Colin Akerman entitled “Local sleep homeostasis and singl...
Paediatric Research Nurse, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
Would you like a nursing role which doesn’t involve shift work? Are you ready for a change? Why not consider research nursing at the Oxford Vaccine Group? The Oxford Vaccine Group (OVG) are seekin...
Postdoctoral Research Assistant In Control Engineering, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, about 21 hours ago
We are seeking a Postdoctoral Research Assistant to join the Control Engineering group at the Department of Engineering Science (central Oxford). The position is funded by EPSRC under a fellowship...