This position is for postdoctoral research in the exciting areas of either CO2 capture, CO2 conversion, and bioelectrochemistry in the Andrew B Wong group, which is affiliated with the Department of Materials Science and Engineering at the National University of Singapore (NUS) as well as with the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at the National University of Singapore (NUS).
The ideal candidate would possess expert-level knowledge of electrocatalysis, bioelectrochemistry, or similar chemistries with a publication track record as a first author in leading journals (Impact factor >10 or more). Experience with materials characterization techniques such as SEM, EDS, EELS TEM, STEM, XRD, XAS, XPS, FTIR, AFM, STM, and/or Raman would be desirable. Comfort discussing research fluently in English is also highly desirable.
Those applicants who meet the requirements and pass the preliminary review will be notified via email to arrange an interview. Recruitment advertisements are in effect until the positions are filled.
- Able to demonstrate a track record of novel research (First author papers in IF >10 journals)
- Able to understand, analyze, and critique literature
- Able to formulate and propose research directions
- Able to demonstrate a rigorous and earnest attitude towards research
- Able to work well in interdisciplinary or multicultural team settings
- Able to carry out scientific research independently
- Able to mentor undergraduate, master’s, and PhD students
- Able to manage routine logistics of research
- Rich experience in nanomaterial synthesis and characterization for catalysis (such as synthesis of new catalysts)
- Research background in electrocatalytic reactions (including but not limited to CO2RR, OER, HER, etc.) and/or with electrolytic cells ( such as flow cell, membrane electrode assembly, solid-state electrolyte, etc). Applicants with unique insights and research ideas on the development of carbon dioxide electrocatalysis and cell design or electrode design are particularly desirable.
- Experience with in-situ or in operando characterization of electrocatalysts, including FTIR, Raman, or XAS characterization, etc.
- Research experience with halide perovskite materials, including design and synthesis of new materials, device fabrication (PV and/or LED), and characterization.
- Experience in high-temperature electrochemistry using molten salt electrolytes.
- Experience in bioelectrochemistry.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: Materials Science and Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 21272
Research Fellow (Co2 Conversion / Bioelectrochemistry), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, Singapore, 10 days ago
18 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE Research Field Chemistry Engineering Physics Chemistry Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Sing...
Research Fellow (Bio/Electroreduction Of Co2/Co) 1, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, Singapore, 28 days ago
1 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE Research Field Biological sciences Chemistry Engineering Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Sin...
Solid State Battery Researcher, CIDETEC, Spain, 30 days ago
31 Oct 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company CIDETEC Research Field Physics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Leading Researcher (R4) First Stage Researcher (R1) Established Resear...
Post Doctoral Position In Carbon And Nitrogen Based Co Electrolysis, Institute of Photonic Sciences, Luxembourg, about 14 hours ago
ICFO is offering a postdoctoral position to a well-qualified, highly motivated and dynamic young scientist who wishes to contribute advance technologies that drive the clean energy transition. The...
Post Doctoral Position In Carbon And Nitrogen Based Co Electrolysis, ICFO - The Institute of Photonic Sciences, Spain, 13 days ago
16 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company ICFO - The Institute of Photonic Sciences Research Field Engineering » Chemical engineering Physics » Other Researcher Profile Established Research...
Postdoctoral Researcher To Study The Assembly Property Performance Relationship For Pouch Cell Mono And Multilayers, CIC energiGUNE, Spain, 30 days ago
31 Oct 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company CIC energiGUNE Research Field Chemistry Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Established Researcher (R3) Country Spain Application Deadlin...