Research Fellow Position in Cultured Seafood Meat
My Laboratory in National University of Singapore (Department of Biological Sciences) is seeking a highly-motivated Research Fellow to join our efforts in researching and developing Cultured Meat Products from economically important seafood and fish species.
Key Research Duties and Developmental Roles:
- Develop and optimize protocol for the establishment and maintenance of primary muscle stem cell cultures, and their subsequent selection and eventual conversion into permanent stable cell lines.
- Develop robust protocol for the differentiation of muscle stem cells into terminally myotubes, and their finally assembly into “Cultured Meat”.
If you are a passionate, motivated and highly independent individual looking for an innovative research position in “Cultured Meat”, please submit your application and detailed CV using the contact information given below. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
AP Chan Woon Khiong
Department of Biological Sciences
National University of Singapore
- Ph.D. degree in Life Sciences or Biology or related fields with strong foundation in mammalian cell culture, preferably with good working experience with embryonic stem (ES) and/or induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells.
- Ideally, candidates should also have some knowledge or experience in the handling and culture of divergent cell lines from aquatic vertebrate or invertebrate species.
- Finally, candidates with research experience in muscle stem cells (myoblasts or muscle satellite cells) are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Candidates should possess strong proficiency in the handling and characterization of primary and immortalized cell lines using molecular and cell biology tools (such as cloning, qRT-PCR, RNASeq transcriptome profiling and analyses, immunofluorescence staining).
- A good publication record, with first authorship publications, would be highly desirable.
Location: [[Kent Ridge Campus]]
Organization: [[National University of Singapore]]
Department: [[Department of Biological Sciences]]
Employee Referral Eligible: [[No]]
Job requisition ID: 20533
Postdoctoral Researcher Or Doctoral Researcher In Cell Communication Group, University of Helsinki, Finland, about 1 hour ago
The Cell Communication group led by Dr. Kari Vaahtomeri at the Translational Cancer Medicine Research Program, Faculty of Medicine, University of Helsinki invites applications for a fixed-term pos...
Post Doctoral Position In Membrane Based Nano Mechanobiology, Institute of Photonic Sciences, Luxembourg, about 14 hours ago
ICFO is offering a postdoctoral position to a well-qualified, highly motivated and dynamic young scientist who wishes to enhance his/her scientific career in a friendly and stimulating environment...
Immuno Genomics Post Doctoral Position, Genetics Branch, Vanderbilt University, United States, 1 day ago
Posted by hagansa2 on Monday, October 30, 2023 in Job Opportunities . The Oncogenomics section of the Genetics Branch is a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary translatio...
2 Funded Postdoc Positions At The Aging And Tissue Repair Lab, At I Mm Lisbon, IMM, Portugal, about 7 hours ago
29 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company IMM Research Field Biological sciences » Biology Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Portugal Application Deadline 15 Jan 2024 -...
Associate Researcher In Translational Single Cell Genomics (Pa2023/3482) , University of Lund, Sweden, 7 days ago
Description of the workplace The Center for Translational Genomics (CTG) is a prioritized research infrastructure at the Faculty of Medicine, Lund University, which is part of the Clinical Genomi...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (M/F/D) | Cell Growth Control In Health And Age Related Disease, Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing, Cologne, Germany, 18 days ago
Job Code: 23-2023 Job Offer from November 07, 2023 The Max Planck Research Group “Cell Growth Control in Health and Age-related Disease” headed by Dr. Constantinos Demetriades is looking for a ful...