Post-Doctoral Fellow Positions in Cultured Seafood Meat
My Laboratory in National University of Singapore (Department of Biological Sciences) is seeking two highly-motivated Post-Doctoral Fellows (Research Scientists) to join our efforts in researching and developing Cultured Meat Products from economically important seafood and fish species. You will also be working in a highly interdisciplinary R&D environment under the auspice of the CRISP Meats Research Programme which is funded by a joint SFA/A*STAR research grant.
Key Research Duties and Developmental Roles:
- Identify and procure economically important seafood and fish species that are suitable for the development of permanent cell lines for the “Cultured Meat” Industry.
- Develop and optimize protocols for the establishment and maintenance of primary cell cultures, and their subsequent selection and eventual conversion into permanent stable cell lines from selected tissues (eg. muscle, liver, fins) from seafood and fish species. In addition, there will be efforts to develop embryonic and tissue-specific stem cell lines.
- Develop robust protocols for the differentiation of selected types of stem cells into terminally differentiated cells, and their finally assembly into “Cultured Meat”.
- Identify low-cost but highly effective replacements for Fetal Calf Serum. Engage in the formulation of low-cost culture media suitable for a wide array of non-mammamlian species.
Required Background Of Candidates:
- Ph.D. degree in Life Sciences or Biology or related fields with strong foundation in mammalian cell culture, preferably with good working experience with embryonic stem (ES) and/or induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells.
- Ideally, candidates should also have some knowledge or experience in the handling and culture of divergent cell lines from aquatic vertebrate or invertebrate species.
- Finally, candidates with research experience in muscle stem cells (myoblasts or muscle satellite cells) are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Candidates should possess strong proficiency in the handling and characterization of primary and immortalized cell lines using molecular and cell biology tools (such as cloning, qRT-PCR, RNASeq transcriptome profiling and analyses, immunofluorescence staining).
- A good publication record, with first authorship publications, would be highly desirable.
If you are a passionate, motivated and highly independent scientist looking for an innovative research position in “Cultured Meat”, please submit your application and detailed CV using the contact information given below. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
AP Chan Woon Khiong
Department of Biological Sciences
National University of Singapore
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: [[Kent Ridge Campus]]
Organization: [[National University of Singapore]]
Department : [[Department of Biological Sciences]]
Employee Referral Eligible: [[No]]
Job requisition ID : 18610
Postdoc Position In The ‘Cell And Tissue Dynamics’ Group, Centre for Genomic Regulation, Spain, about 20 hours ago
The Institute The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. T...
Postdoc Early Human Embryo Development And Pluripotency: Leuven, Belgium, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 11 days ago
(ref. BAP-2023-132) Laatst aangepast : 9/03/2023 The Laboratory of Cellular Reprogramming and Epigenetic Regulation at the KU Leuven is seeking a highly motivated postdoc to study cell fate specif...
Research Assistant In Cell Biology And Biochemistry , University of Basel, Switzerland, about 9 hours ago
Research Assistant in Cell Biology and Biochemistry (100%) As of June 2023 or upon agreement The Biozentrum of the University of Basel is one of the leading Life Sciences Institutes in the world. ...
Job Opportunity: Postdoctoral Intramural Research Fellowship, Gene Therapy Development Unit, Immunology And Microbiology, Niaid, Bethesda, Md, Vanderbilt University, United States, 4 days ago
Posted by Kate Stuart on Monday, February 27, 2023 in Job Opportunities . Postdoctoral Intramural Research Fellowship Position Gene Therapy Development Unit, Genetic Immunot...
Postdoc Position (E13) At The Leibniz Institute For Immunotherapy (Lit) With Flexible Starting Date (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, 1 day ago
Postdoc position (E13) at the Leibniz Institute for Immunotherapy (LIT) with flexible starting date (m/f/d) The LIT - Leibniz Institute for Immunotherapy (foundation under civil law) (http://www.r...
Job Opportunity: Postdoctoral Research Associates Or Senior Research Associates, Meharry Medical College School Of Medicine, Vanderbilt University, United States, about 8 hours ago
Posted by hagansa2 on Tuesday, March 7, 2023 in Announcements , Job Opportunities . Brief Description Postdoctoral Research Associates or Senior Research Associates are avai...