23 May 2023
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Leading Researcher (R4)
- Application Deadline
4 Jun 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
School/Department: Research & Innovation
Based at: Cranfield Campus, Cranfield, Bedfordshire
Hours of work: 37 hours per week, normally worked Monday to Friday. Flexible working will be considered.
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: Full time starting salary is normally in the range of £35,559 to £39,434 per annum, with potential progression up to £48,855 per annum
Apply by: 04/06/2023
About the Role
You will work closely with Cranfield departmental teams to support our researchers to develop high quality contractual arrangements, protecting Cranfield’s interests as a charitable institution. You will be responsible for drafting, negotiating and advising on a wide range of research Collaboration Agreements, Material Transfer Agreement’s, Studentships, Confidentiality Agreements, Amendments and associated documents.
It is essential that you have a Law Degree or equivalent or significant practical legal experience working in a large/diverse organisation.
The post will report to the Senior Research Contracts Manager and whose primary responsibilities will be to:
- Review, draft and negotiate a range of research and commercial contracts covering the full spectrum of research related activities including agreements relating to industry sponsored research collaborations, EU contracts, charitable funding and research consortium agreements, along with NDAs, service and consultancy agreements.
- Provide clear, pragmatic advice on the implications of contractual terms within the context of the research, using a working knowledge of research contract issues, such as confidentiality, publication requirements, intellectual property, VAT and other related issues.
- Ensure that contractual terms are clear and appropriate, and that institutional risk is identified and appropriately assessed within each contract, whilst meeting the University’s approved contractual position.
- Interact with external clients, as appropriate, to communicate clearly and concisely the points of negotiation, and work internally with the appropriate researcher.
- Build, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
As a specialist postgraduate university, Cranfield’s world-class expertise, large-scale facilities and unrivalled industry partnerships are creating leaders in technology and management globally. Learn more about Cranfield and our unique impact here .
The Research and Innovation Office (RIO) supports researchers in working together to achieve excellence and impact in delivering the University’s vision for research and innovation. The Research Commercial function within RIO is focused on enabling the research activities of the University whilst mitigating and protecting against contractual risk.
Our Values and Commitments
Our shared, stated values help to define who we are and underpin everything we do: Ambition; Impact; Respect; and Community. Find out more here .
We aim to create and maintain a culture in which everyone can work and study together and realise their full potential. We are a Disability Confident Employer and proud members of the Stonewall Diversity Champions Programme. We are committed to actively exploring flexible working options for each role and have been ranked in the Top 30 family friendly employers in the UK by the charity Working Families . Find out more about our key commitments to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and Flexible Working here .
Collaborating and connecting are integral to so much of what we do. Our Working Arrangements Framework provides many staff with the opportunity to flexibly combine on-site and remote working, where job roles allow, balancing the needs of our community of staff, students, clients and partners.
For an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Carmen Maza Sanchez, Senior Research Contracts Manager, on E: email@example.com
- Number of offers available
- CRANFIELD UNIVERSITY
- United Kingdom
Where to apply
Assistant Business Librarian, Cranfield University, United Kingdom, about 13 hours ago
Organisation Cranfield University School/Department Student Experience Based at Cranfield Campus, Cranfield, Bedfordshire Contract type Fixed term contract Fixed Term Period 12 months Salary Full ...
Lecturer In Environmental And Safety Management, Cranfield University, United Kingdom, about 13 hours ago
Organisation Cranfield University School/Department Cranfield Defence and Security Based at Shrivenham, Oxfordshire - Cranfield Defence and Security Hours of work Full-time (37 hours per week) or ...
Apprenticeships Senior Administrator End Point Assessment, Cranfield University, United Kingdom, about 13 hours ago
Organisation Cranfield University School/Department Student Experience Based at Cranfield Campus, Cranfield, Bedfordshire Hours of work 37 hours per week, normally worked Monday to Friday. Flexibl...
Lecturer In Environmental And Safety Management, CRANFIELD UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
School/Department: Cranfield Defence and Security Based at: Shrivenham, Oxfordshire - Cranfield Defence and Security Hours of work: Full-time (37 hours per week) or Part-time (hours to be discusse...
Assistant Business Librarian, CRANFIELD UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
School/Department: Student Experience Based at: Cranfield Campus, Cranfield, Bedfordshire Hours of work: 37 Contract type: Fixed term contract Fixed Term Period: 12 months Salary: Full time starti...
Apprenticeships Senior Administrator, End Point Assessment , CRANFIELD UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
School/Department: Student Experience Based at: Cranfield Campus, Cranfield, Bedfordshire Hours of work: 37 hours per week, normally worked Monday to Friday. Flexible working will be considered. C...