Research Associate - School of Psychology - 95925 - Grade 6 - (200001K9)
Research Associate - 95925
Centre for Human Brain Health, School of Psychology, College of Life and Environmental Sciences
Location: University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham UK
Full time starting salary is normally in the range £27,511 to £30,046, with potential progression once in post to £33,797
Part Time, 20 hours per week, 16 month Fixed Term Contract
Closing date: 8th April 2020
The Research Associate (RA) will assist in research by carrying out MEG/EEG data collection to support an ongoing project on consciousness support by the Templeton World Charity Foundation. Furthermore, the RA will contact and schedule the participants partaking in the study.
Summary of Role
• Work within specified research grant from the Templeton World Charity Foundation
• Operate within area of MEG/EEG data acquisition
• Contribute to publications
• The candidate will be working in the Neuronal Oscillations Group and supervised by Prof. Ole Jensen, co-Director of the Centre for Human Brain Health, as well as the postdoctoral researcher associated with the project
Main Duties / Responsibilities
• Collect MEG and EEG data in the Centre for Human Brain Health in predefined research projects
• Prepare the participants for EEG/MEG recordings
• Schedule and contact the participants partaking in the study
• Help to store and organise the collected data
• Partake in the analysis research data using Matlab or Python
• Present research outputs, including drafting academic publications or parts thereof, for example at seminars and as posters
• Develop or adapt technique and methods
• Provide guidance as required to support staff and any students who may be assisting with research
• Deal with problems that may affect the achievement of research objectives and deadlines
• Carry out administrative tasks related directly to the delivery of the research
• Promotes equality and values diversity acting as a role model and fostering an inclusive working culture
• Degree or equivalent in cognitive neuroscience or medicine
• Practical experience of applying the MEG and/or EEG techniques
• Ability to analyse information and communicate effectively
• Ability to access and organise resources successfully
• Knowledge of the protected characteristics of the Equality Act 2010, and how to actively ensure in day to day activity in own area that those with protected characteristics are treated equally and fairly
Informal enquires to Prof. Ole Jensen, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We value diversity at The University of Birmingham and welcome applications from all sections of the community’
Valuing excellence; sustaining investment
: Academic Non-clinical
: 31.03.2020, 7:00:00 PM
Grade (for job description): Grade 6
Salary (Pay Basis)
Research Assistant (1 Day A Week For 6 Months), Birmingham City University, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
View All Vacancies School of Engineering and the Built Environment Location: Birmingham, City Centre Campus Salary: £30,831 to £33,512 per annum pro rata Closing Date: Friday 03 July 2020 Interv...
Research Assistant (1 Day A Week For 6 Months), Birmingham City University, United Kingdom, about 7 hours ago
View All Vacancies School of Engineering and the Built Environment Location: Birmingham, City Centre Campus Salary: £30,831 to £33,512 per annum pro rata Fixed Term Closing Date: Wednesday 29 Ju...
Research Fellow In Energy Storage , University of Birmingham ;, United Kingdom, 25 days ago
Duration: Fixed-term for up to 3 years Location: University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK We are seeking to recruit a Postdoctoral Research Fellow to work as part of a UKRI Future Leade...
Research Fellow Environmental Biocomputing , University of Birmingham ;, United Kingdom, about 7 hours ago
Location: University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham UK As this vacancy has limited funding the maximum salary that can be offered is Grade 7.33, salary £36,914. Full Time/FTC until 30th Sept...
Research Fellow (Grade 7) , University of Birmingham ;, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
Full time FTC 3 years. Research Fellow (Grade 7) Applications are sought for a Research Fellow who has experience of conducting research in low and middle income countries to join the University o...
Research Fellow (Bioinformatics) , University of Birmingham ;, United Kingdom, about 7 hours ago
Duration: Fixed Term Contract for 3 years Salary: Full time starting salary is normally in the range £30,942 to £40,322. With potential progression once in post to £42,792 a year. We are looking t...