KU is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate/ Research Engineer to work jointly with Technology Innovation Institute (TII) and other research centers around the world on a novel framework ensemble of ML models ini order to detect and prevent cybersecutiry threats to Machine Learning models such as data poisoning attacks and adversarial attacks. The main application of this project is in IoT and smart city grids. The scope of the project focuses on the development of new techinques to detect malicious data sent by compromised sensors, phones, and other devices in smart grid systems.
It is expected from the candidate to have a solid background in Artificial Intelligence algorithms and machine learning algorithms. It's preferable to have prior experience in research related areas and basic knoledge of cybersecurity.
It's preferred to be proficient using platforms such as: Python, Matlab, Java, R, Pytorch, Keras, C#, etc.
As part of the project, the researcher will have access to state-of-the-art research equipment and facilities at the Center for Cyber-Physical Systems (C2PS) https://www.ku.ac.ae/c2ps and will get an opportunity to work alongside researchers and graduate students from various backgrounds as part of a wider team conform by the University of Milan and University of Rome.
- Research and industry related experience in the development of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence algorithms with special emphasis in cyber security applications.
- Research experience working and collaborating in submissions for Q1 journal papers.
- Familiar with cybersecurity fundamentals and relevant applications in the field of Artificial Intelligence.
- Proficient in Python, Matlab, Java, R, Pytorch, Keras, C#, etc.
- Proficient in English (verbal and written).
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
- Masters from a reputable university in Electrical and Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Experience of undertaking assigned research tasks and starting to manage own workload
- Contributing to scientific papers and academic journal articles where possible acting as lead/ corresponding author
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and supportive team culture
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to function as part of a team working on multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines
- Well-developed reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Masters gained from and/or experience working in a top 200 QS or THE ranked University
- At least 2 year of increasingly accountable relevant experience as a researcher in academia or in industry
- At least 1 lead author publication in a Q1 journal in the relevant field
- Experience contributing to high impact publications in top 10% journals in the relevant field
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com ).
Primary Location: KUK – Khalifa University
Job: Research Associate
Job Type: Full-time
Student Assistant Quantum Machine Learning / Quantum Circuit Compilation, Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft, Germany, about 14 hours ago
The »Self-Learning Systems« group at Fraunhofer IIS is part of the »Precise Positioning and Analytics« department and located at the institute’s Nuremberg site. Our team members have diverse acade...
Masters Intern (Machine Learning And Bioimage Analysis) (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 15 hours ago
The Leibniz-Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften - ISAS - e. V. is a research institute dedicated to the development and improvement of analytical methods and tools for health research and rela...
Ph D Thesis “Artificial Intelligence For Computational Urban Planning” , AIT Austrian Institute of Technology, Austria, about 15 hours ago
We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner ...
Optimal Energy Control For Vehicle Home Grid Integration, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, about 20 hours ago
Project description Achieving the global targets on the environment and carbon neutrality relies heavily on fossil-free transport and renewable electric energy sources. However, integrating electr...
Tenure Track Faculty Positions In Data Science , IE University ;, Spain, 15 days ago
IE University's School of Science and Technology (Sci-Tech) invites qualified applicants for full-time, tenure-track faculty positions in Data Science beginning September 2023, in Madrid. Relevan...
Master Thesis Deep Learning Based Toa Error Regression With Uncertainty Estimation, Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft, Germany, 15 days ago
Background. Time of arrival (TOA) based radio systems are widely used for indoor localization, achieving accuracies in the centimeter range. However, their positioning performance is restricted du...