- Software Engineer to provide software design, implementation, testing, and maintenance of algorithms prototyped by robotics researchers.
- The focus would be on maintaining quality code base that can serve the integration of multiple research results from a multidisciplinary robotics research team.
- Manage common code bases, computing resources, and embedded systems that are used by a variety of researchers and students at all levels utilizing best practices in the field.
- Train research staff and students on the use of maintained code, latest technologies, and best practices in the software industry. Keep code base documented to the highest standards.
- Provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Khalifa University offers a uniquely collaborative scientific research environment and outstanding research facilities. You will have the opportunity to initiate and lead projects and work in interdisciplinary teams.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
To maintain and contribute to the development of multiple code bases written in C++, Python, and MATLAB. The code runs on physical robotics hardware, as well as simulation. Many researchers improve on existing algorithms, and contribute to the existing code base. Such evolution of the code base needs to be managed properly to maintain quality such that it is accessable to human coders, portable across platforms, and ready to keep evolving.
In summary, it is expected that the candidate would work on the following tasks:
As the code base evolves, and the research results mature, it is expected that the candidate would:
Qualifications & Experience
BSc Degree in Computer Science or Engineering. MSc Degree in Computer Science or Engineering is preferred.
- Must Have:
- Demonstrated experience with development for Linux using C++.
- Demonstrated experience in the design, development, and testing of computer software using the object-oriented paradigm adhering to clean code best practices.
- Demonstrated experience in writing software for embedded systems with RTOS.
- Experience with Linux CLI, Git, OS concepts, parallel programming, networking, database concepts, and data encoding/decoding is a requirement.
- Good to Have:
- Experience in computer algorithms.
- Experience with software testing.
- Experience with machine learning packages like tensorflow or keras.
- Experience in ROS.
- Experience with electromechanical prototyping of robots.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com ).
Primary Location: KUK – Khalifa University
Job: Research Associate
Job Type: Full-time
Open Position As The Chief Of Engineering At The Munich Institute Of Robotics And Machine Intelligence , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 15 hours ago
01.08.2022, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Munich Institute of Robotics and Machine Intelligence (MIRMI) at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) welcomes applications to join the senior manag...
Research Associate (Postdoc) In Control Of Satellite Formations And Space Systems, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, about 18 hours ago
The Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT) invites applications from PhD holders in the general area of control engineering for satellites and space systems within its ...
Project Officer (Robotics), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 12 days ago
The School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering (MAE) is looking for a skilled and motivated Project Officer for research in medical/soft robotics. This project involves designing, fabrication an...
Robot Lab Assistant For The Department Of Computer Science, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands, about 4 hours ago
Is software engineering and programming (C++, Python, Java) your strong suit? Would you like to develop your robot skills? Please apply at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU). Location: AMSTERDAM F...
Scientific Internship: Decentralized Learning Of Locomotion In Modular Soft Robots, AMOLF, Netherlands, about 9 hours ago
The Soft Robotic Matter group at AMOLF is looking for interns at the Master level from a range of backgrounds (including physics, mathematics and engineering) that will work on the development and...
Imaging And Computer Vision Engineer, IMEC, Belgium, 23 days ago
Develop and implement vision software to acquire images/videos from various computational imaging systems, analyse videos and images and contribute to prototype & product development Within the im...