Salary: Research Associate £40,215 - £47,579
Candidates who have not yet been officially awarded their PhD in in bioinformatics, biology, computer science or significant experience will be appointed as Research Assistant within the salary range £35,477 - £38,566 per annum.
Location: Data Science Institute,South Kensington
Fixed-term Full time for 24 months
Applications are invited for a Researcher to join the newly launched Leverhulme Centre for Wildfires, Environment and Society. The Research Associate will work at the Data Science Institute (DSI) with Dr Rossella Arcucci and other researchers of the DataLearning team. Within the DSI the post holder will be part of the DataLearning working group.
You will be leading in the international research into the development of a range of the next generation data assimilation and machine learning models and applications to wildfire estimations and predictions. The Research Associate will collaborate with and strengthen the multi-disciplinary team of researchers already in place working on closely related projects. Ultimately the post holder will contribute to the delivery of a next generation model for optimising sensors, data assimilation, machine learning and optimised controls.
Duties and responsibilities
You will be expected to:
- plan and carry out research in accordance with the project aims and under instruction from the project investigators
- To take initiatives in the planning of research
- To direct the work of small research teams
- To identify and develop suitable techniques, and apparatus, for the collection and analysis of data
- To conduct data analysis
- To ensure the validity and reliability of data always
- To maintain accurate and complete records of all findings
- To write reports for submission to research sponsors
- To present findings to colleagues and at conferences
- To submit publications to refereed journals
- To provide guidance to staff and students
- Research Associate level: A PhD in Mathematics, Physics, Computing, Engineering
Candidates who have not yet been officially awarded their PhD in, Mathematics, Physics, Computing, Engineering or significant experience will be appointed at Research Assistant level
- A background in computational science, in particular optimisation, data analysis, and data assimilation techniques (adjoint, enKF etc)
- Experience of implementation of data assimilation techniques within complex multi-physics unstructured adaptive mesh models, and in particular fluid dynamics
- Experience of modern programming in languages including Fortran, C++ and Python
- Knowledge of MPI programming and HPC platforms
How to apply:
To apply please visit: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/jobs and search using vacancy reference number: ENG01260
The Post is full time and fixed-term for 24 months.
For queries regarding the application process contact Fay Miller firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical issues when applying online, please contact: email@example.com
Closing date: 30th April 2020
Research Associate, Imperial College London, United Kingdom, 29 minutes ago
Job description Job summary Applications are invited for a Research Associate (RA) position within the Control and Power Research Group in the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering t...
Research Associate, Imperial College London, United Kingdom, 31 minutes ago
Job description Job summary The Centre for Health Economics & Policy Innovation (CHEPI) was established in 2017 and is currently one of the largest and most active research centres at Imperial Co...
Research Associate In Security Of Ml Based Personal Assistants, Imperial College London, United Kingdom, 32 minutes ago
Job description Job summary We are seeking a talented Research Associate with a background in either machine learning, verification, or security, to be employed on the UKRI grant “Secure AI Assist...
Research Assistant/Associate In Methane Emissions, Imperial College London, United Kingdom, 29 minutes ago
Job description Job summary The Department of Chemical Engineering is seeking to appoint an excellent Research Associate or Research Assistant to join our outstanding team in the Sustainable Gas I...
Postdoctoral Research Associate, Imperial College London, United Kingdom, 28 minutes ago
Job description Job summary This is an exciting opportunity for a Post-Doctoral Research Associate to join the Division of Cancer, Imperial College London, one of the leading research-led universi...
Research Assistant / Associate In High Fidelity Simulations, Imperial College London, United Kingdom, 27 minutes ago
Job description Job summary The Department of Aeronautics is seeking a Research Assistant / Associate to conduct work in the area of High-Fidelity Simulations. The post is funded by the Commission...