Your daily schedule will include frequent interactions with members of a multi-disciplinary team.
- You are comfortable working at sea trials and pool tests, instead of a normal cubicle in office.
- You build safe and scalable robotic systems with clean and documented code.
The research scope for this position is in control systems development for an Autonomous Underwater Vehicle operating in SS3 - SS4 swell conditions and currents of up to 4 knots for stability in offshore conditions. We will explore various models (including heuristic, dynamics and machine-learning based) for control system performance with adaptability to the sinusoidal swell conditions as well as turbulence induced by currents around subsea structures. Also, the ability to maintain stability in event of thruster failure will also be developed. The research will be developed around the digital twin model of the Technology Centre for Offshore Marine Singapore (TCOMS) ocean basin which will model the hydrodynamics of currents and waves around offshore structures.
The role will entail the following job scope:
- Research and implement control strategies for the AUV control manoeuvres
- Research and implement adaptive control systems capable of handling uncertainty in strong water currents and waves
- Research and exploration of reinforcement learning type reward-prediction type control behaviour
- Integration of control system with robotics stack with the software architecture
- Test and debug of control algorithms in software in the loop simulation
- Msc in Computer Engineering/ Mechatronics/Mechanical Engineering (Robotics Equivalent)
- Research or industry experience writing code for complex robotic systems
- Experience with complex control systems and AI
- Experience with Robot Operating System framework
- Proficient in Python and C++
- Proficient in Linux
- Experience with reinforcement learning is a bonus
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Mechanical Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 6863
Assistant Proffesor In The Group Of Research Employees (Post Doc Position) On Electrical..., Warsaw University of Technology, Poland, 3 days ago
Selected candidate will conduct research in the project of National Science Centre: „Universal current control algorithms of grid connected AC/DC power electronics converters resistant to own and ...
Post Doctoral Researcher, Maynooth University, Ireland, about 10 hours ago
The Role Maynooth University is committed to a strategy in which the primary University goals of excellent research and scholarship and outstanding education are interlinked and equally valued. Du...
Assistant, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland, 30 days ago
ASSISTANT in the Division of Power Apparatus, Protection and Control, Institute of Electrical Power Engineering, Electrical Engineering Faculty, Warsaw University of Technology. Research and teach...
Ph D Student And/Or Research Assistant With Brain & Cognition, KU Leuven, Belgium, 14 days ago
Within the research project “Cognitive control in an aging society”, you will prepare a PhD on the impact of healthy and pathological aging on the exertion of cognitive control. We live in an agin...
Graduate Student Course Assistant Cive 430, McGill University, Canada, about 18 hours ago
Hiring Unit: Civil Engineering Course Number and Title: CIVE 430 Water Treatment and Pollution Control Estimated Number of Positions: 1 Total Hours of Work per Term: 90 Position Summary: The Gradu...
Postdoc Systems Theory And Control Strategies For Induced Seismicity, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 26 days ago
This PostDoc position forms part of the Science4Steer project which aims to understand the effects of time-varying pressures, stresses and strains resulting from natural gas production and (re-) i...