The Institute of Data Science at National University of Singapore (NUS) is looking for a Research Assistant to work on machine learning (ML) for natural language processing (NLP) research, with a particular focus on indigenous/vernacular languages. The project (see http://ids.nus.edu.sg/nlp.html ) is an international collaboration between Singapore and New Zealand on data science, focusing on multi-lingual Q&A for revitalising and facilitating indigenous/vernacular languages in Southeast Asia and New Zealand through AI and data science.
The Research Assistant will be responsible for developing multi-lingual Q&A systems and databases for low-resource languages based on novel state-of-the-art research in ML and NLP. The research will also involve the creation of a platform to manage new research resources such as well-annotated NLP datasets, and implementations in real-world applications.
The appointment will be for one year. Selected candidates will be offered with attractive/competitive salaries and benefits.
- Develop and implement state-of-the-art ML methodologies and algorithms in NLP for multi-lingual Q&A in low-resourced languages;
- Design and implement data platform for collaborative NLP research on regional indigenous/vernacular languages;
- Contribute to research paper writing ;
- Participate in knowledge exchange and knowledge transfer activities with external partners and collaborators.
- An M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent, with specialization in machine learning and natural language processing;
- Familiarity with advanced AI platforms and state-of-the-art NLP and ML techniques;
- Proven ability to understand academic research papers and implement algorithms and systems based on research papers;
- Prior ML research experience and knowledge of SEA languages would be a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal communication and oral presentation skills in English;
- Experienced in working in a team, with people of diverse skillsets and cultural background.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Research Fellow, Department Of Information Systems And Analytics, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, Europe, 24 days ago
Job Description In recent times, the Internet has become a popular source for people to seek information. For healthcare information, people often visit online forums and browse medical articles t...
Postdoc/Research Engineer Position On Natural Language Processing (0.8 Fte) , Utrecht University, Netherlands, 24 days ago
Print this page Postdoc/Research engineer position on Natural Language Processing (0.8 FTE) Postdoc/Research engineer position on Natural Language Processing (0.8 FTE) Job description We are seeki...
2 Postdoctoral Positions In Quantitative Immigration Research , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 10 hours ago
100%, Zurich, fixed-term The Public Policy Group and the Immigration Policy Lab at the Department of Humanities, Social and Political Sciences, invite applications for 2 postdoctoral positions in ...
Post Doctoral Associate In The Division Of Science (Computer Science) Dr. Nizar Habash, NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates, 16 days ago
Description The New York University Abu Dhabi Computational Approaches to Modeling Language (CAMeL) Lab seeks to hire one new researcher to work any of the lab research areas. CAMeL's mission is r...
Post Doc In Natural Language Processing (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, 2 days ago
Post-doc in Natural Language Processing (1.0 FTE) (V22.0821) « Back to the overview Job description Applications are invited for a 1.5 year position as postdoctoral researcher within the research ...
Post Doc In Natural Language Processing (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 1 hour ago
Applications are invited for a 1.5 year position as postdoctoral researcher within the research project “Graphs and Ontologies for Literary Evolution Models” (GOLEM), financed by an ERC Starting G...