The Centre for Nature-based Climate Solutions is a research centre at the National University of Singapore (NUS). CNCS is a focal point for world-class research, thought leadership and education on nature-based solutions for climate mitigation and adaptation in the Asia-Pacific region. It brings together an interdisciplinary group of researchers to produce policy relevant science on natural climate solutions, and build capacity in academic, government and corporate sectors – for the overarching goal of achieving a carbon-neutral economy and stable global climate.
The Centre is actively searching for a Research Assistant to support the Centre in implementing its research programmes and projects.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Support the development of policy-relevant, multidisciplinary, and impactful research on nature-based solutions for climate change mitigation and adaptation in natural and/or urban environments, integrating remote sensing and field data
- Collaborate with other researchers as an effective team member
- Support field work, data collection, and data analysis
- Provide general administrative support on research-related matters
- Contribute to the preparation of research manuscripts and reports
Qualifications / Discipline:
- Bachelor’s degree in natural science, climate science, geography, data science, engineering, or related field
- Experience in handling large-scale geospatial data, and in conducting geospatial analysis and modelling
- Experience in employing statistical computing and data visualisation tools, and in coding/scripting using R and/or Python programming languages
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills, including attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated, independent, and a team player
- Willing to work flexible hours and to take on extra duties as required
- Experience in conducting and/or organising field surveys (e.g., forest inventory, biodiversity census) (preferred)
- Familiarity with processing and analysis of remote sensing data (e.g., optical, LiDAR, SAR) (preferred)
- Experience with implementing machine/deep learning approaches, and/or artificial intelligence projects (preferred)
- Previous publications in peer reviewed journals (preferred)
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: [[Kent Ridge Campus]]
Organization: [[National University of Singapore]]
Department : [[Department of Biological Sciences]]
Employee Referral Eligible: [[No]]
Job requisition ID : 18111
2 Year Post.Doctoral Researcher Position In Regional Climate Modelling Naturact Project , NORCE, Norway, about 9 hours ago
12th February 2023 Languages English English English Stilling som forsker 2-year Post.doctoral Researcher position in regional climate modelling - NATURACT project Apply for this job See advertise...
Post Doctoral Fellow In Environmental Science (Pa2023/158) , University of Lund, Sweden, 3 days ago
Subject description Our aim is to quantify the feedbacks between climate and European forests and advance understanding of relevant biophysical and biogeochemical processes for different tree spec...
Postdoc In Land Use And Climate Change Mitigation And Adaptation, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands, 11 days ago
Do you have experience in climate change mitigation and adaptation research? Are you interested in interdisciplinary research at the frontier of land system science, climate change and system dyna...
Researcher Geospatial Cloud Computing And Big Geodata, University of Twente (UT), Netherlands, 14 days ago
Researcher Geospatial Cloud Computing and Big Geodata Researcher Geospatial Cloud Computing and Big Geodata Published Deadline Location yesterday 2 Feb Enschede Job description The Centre of Exper...
Postdoc Position In Integrated Modelling Of Flood And Adaptation, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands, 11 days ago
Are you a flood hydrologist who would like to expand expertise in key areas of climate science? Do you want to contribute to a highly multi-disciplinary project, studying the interactions between ...
Researcher Geospatial Cloud Computing And Big Geodata, University of Twente, Netherlands, 2 days ago
Vacancies Researcher Geospatial Cloud Computing and Big Geodata Key takeaways Hours40 hr. Salary indication€ 3,974 - € 5,439 Deadline2 Feb 2023 The Centre of Expertise in Big Geodata Science (CRIB...