Vacancy Type/Job category
Academic Registrar's Office - Office for Global Engagement
£21,220-£24,565 per annum
The University of Warwick - Coventry
This role is based in the Global Partnerships team of the Office for Global Engagement. The Global Partnership team’s main objective is to support the University in reaching Goal Three of its Looking Forward Strategy. We aim to grow and develop Warwick’s standing in research and teaching by developing international collaborations in a range of priority countries. One of the most important international partnerships developed by Warwick in recent years is with the University of Monash in Australia. Both universities established an Alliance to collaborate across the full spectrum of university activities, resulting in an unusually deep and broad strategic partnership.
We are looking for a Project Assistant to join the Global Partnership team. The position holder will provide clerical and secretarial support.
This is a full-time post but there may be flexibility to consider applications from candidates wishing to work FTE0.8.
Interview dates - 25 and 26 May 2017
1) To provide clerical and administrative support to the Global Partnerships (e.g., with the priority countries such as China, Indonesia, Brazil, India and South Korea).
2) To provide clerical and administrative support to the Warwick-based team project-managing the Monash-Warwick Alliance.
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Arrange and anticipate internal and joint meetings, both ad-hoc and regular, to progress Alliance and Priority Countries businesses, liaising with Monash and other University counterparts to ensure maximum availability and that time zones, videoconferencing and senior diaries in concerned universities are coordinated.
2) Arrange visit schedules for incoming visitors on Alliance and Priority Countries businesses.
3) Make travel arrangements for outgoing Warwick visitors to Monash and other partners Universities on Alliance or Priority Countries businesses and liaise with them and our overseas offices to arrange an appropriate visit schedule.
4) Develop, improve, maintain and update joint systems for administration and record keeping purposes, including updating the SharePoint/OneDrive document library and calendar and relevant web and intranet pages.
5) Raise purchase orders and process invoices through SAP to a value of £2500 without authorisation. Obtain currency for overseas trips and process associated invoices and expenses.
6) Identify and plan all transport and accommodation requirements for the Alliance and Priority Countries team members within the UK and for overseas visits, including selecting and purchasing rail/air travel, preparing detailed travel itineraries and organising foreign currency.
7) Organise and manage hospitality and events through internal and external liaison with e.g. other universities, Warwick hospitality, security, etc.
8) Liaise with University staff at all levels where appropriate in particular with the Vice-Chancellor’s Office staff, as well as with external stakeholders and bodies.
The Person Specification focuses on the knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications required to undertake the role effectively. This is measured by (a) Application Form, (b) Test/Exercise, (c) Interview, (d) Presentation.
Essential Criteria 1
Educated to A-level standard (or equivalent) (a),(c)
Essential Criteria 2
Excellent IT skills, with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (a),(c)
Essential Criteria 3
Previous PA experience within a large organisation;providing PA support at a senior level and in a pressurised environment (a),(c)
Essential Criteria 4
Resourceful, self-motivated and with the ability to use own initiative with minimal supervision, noting that work will entail liaisons over time zones (a),(c)
Essential Criteria 5
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate with people at all levels both internally and externally, particularly at senior levels (a),(c)
Essential Criteria 6
Good time-management and judgment, enabling extensive workload to be prioritised effectively (a),(c)
Essential Criteria 7
Ability to work accurately (a),(c)
Essential Criteria 8
Ability to work as part of a team (a),(c)
Desirable Criteria 1
Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint (a), (c)
For further information about the University of Warwick, please read our University Further Particulars .
For further information about the department, please visit the departmental website .
Further details about the Global Partnerships work:
Further details on the Alliance with Monash:
Recruitment of Ex-Offenders Policy
As an organisation using the (DBS) Disclosure and Barring Service to assess applicants’ suitability for positions of trust, the University of Warwick complies with the DBS Code of Practice and undertakes not to discriminate unfairly against any subject of a Disclosure on the basis of a conviction or other information revealed. More information is available on the University’s Vacancy pages and applicants may request a copy of the DBS Code of Practice.
11 May 2017
Senior Lecturer In Intercultural Psychology, Coventry University, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
Senior Lecturer in Intercultural Psychology Faculty of Health and Life Sciences £37,713 - £53,698 per annum As one of Coventry's biggest employers, we offer some pretty impressive benefits includi...
Global Skills And Employability Trainer, Coventry University, United Kingdom, about 23 hours ago
This exciting new position is based in Coventry University's Centre for Global Engagement(CGE) which is a central university department. This department is unique in the UK Higher Education landsc...
Lecturer In Careers Guidance, Coventry University, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
Full-time, Fixed Term until 1st December 2018 The School of Psychological, Social and Behavioural Sciences seeks to appoint a Lecturer in Career Guidance for a fixed-term until 01-12-2018 to help...
Lecturer In Leadership & Management, Coventry University, United Kingdom, about 23 hours ago
Coventry University is an outstanding University with a reputation for excellence in Teaching and Learning and agrowing research profile. We are currently ranked 12th in The Guardian League table...
Lecturer In Criminology, Coventry University, United Kingdom, about 23 hours ago
Full-time, Permanent The School of Psychological, Social and Behavioural Sciences seeks to appoint an outstanding lecturer in Criminology. The post holder will contribute to the provision of high ...
Assistant Registrar (Tier 4 Compliance), Coventry University, United Kingdom, about 23 hours ago
Coventry is a dynamic, global and transformational University Group committed to creating better futures, andbeing world leading in all that it does. Following a period of exceptional growth and d...