Professor of Creative and Social Informatics
Join us to play a key role in delivering our strategic ambitions
Professor in Creative and Social Computing - Permanent
It's an exciting time to join us! As an ambitious university, we are aiming to deliver on our strategic vision to grow our academic reputation and deliver an unrivalled student experience. Operating at the leading edge of our academic disciplines in research, pedagogy and professional practice, we are looking for passionate and committed academic staff to deliver innovative research-led teaching programmes. A focus for all our academic staff is to maximise networks, build relationships with industry to deliver income growth, Knowledge Transfer Partnerships and internationalise our work with a focus on Transnational Education Programmes(TNE).
As a forward thinking institution, Edinburgh Napier University is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Our gender pay gap is currently one of the lowest in the sector. We support flexible part-time working. As an inclusive employer, we actively encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and other underrepresented groups.
Our School of Computing is home to 70 academics, 1400 students and holds professional accreditation from the British Computer Society with some of the most impressive computing lab facilities in the UK.
The School of Computing is organised in three subject groups: Software Engineering, Cyber Security and Networking, and Creative and Social Informatics. This post is within the Creative and Social Informatics Subject Group, which comprises 32 staff, including Senior Research Fellows, Research Fellows and 12 PhD students.
Our research themes are: Interaction Design and Creativity; User Experience and Evaluation and the Centre for Social Informatics. Our specialist laboratories include the Creative Informatics Studio, a dedicated rapid prototyping studio developed as part of the AHRC Creative Industries Clusters Programme; and the Sensorium, a purpose built user experience lab. The labs provide a strong focus for our research-informed teaching and student projects. The group has been successful in attracting RCUK and EU funding for research and external funding for PhD Studentships.
As Professor you will have a proven substantive track record of innovative teaching and research, with a focus on Interaction Design, User Experience and Human Centred Design together with leadership experience. You will join us as an esteemed academic leader and will be an essential part of the School Leadership Team. You will lead on delivering quality research, generate research income and deliver impact through personal research and by leading and mentoring colleagues in the subject group. You will provide strategic direction to the Associate Professors who oversee the Interaction Design and Creativity (IDC) and User Experience and Evaluation (UXE) research groups. You will consolidate and grow industry partnerships and deliver research-informed teaching from our Creative Informatics Studio and Sensorium UX Lab to enhance student learning. You will have a proven network of strong industry contacts to support growth and income generation.
Who we are looking for
Applicants must demonstrate:
* PhD in a relevant discipline.
* Academic achievement including international standing, research outputs, income generation and academic leadership
* Leadership achievement including management experience in higher education
* High quality teaching/learning and research programmes in the area of Creative and Social Computing
* Evidence of research led teaching
* An ability to deliver teaching internationally, nationally (UK) and online
Please click here to visit our recruitment page, for the job description click here .
Benefits We Offer
Grade 8/9: GBP Competitive with excellent benefits .
For a confidential discussion, please contact Mark Smith on 01314552225 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications, midnight Sunday 2nd June 2019.
Grade 8/9 Salary: GBP 63461-86330
Assistant Professor In Computer Science, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
Closing date 20 Aug 2019 23:00 (UK time) Salary £40,792–£48,677 (Grade 8) Location Edinburgh Department School of Mathematical and Computer Sciences Category Academic Status Either Duration 12 mon...
Lecturer In Jewellery And Silversmithing, The University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom, about 15 hours ago
1. Job Details Job title: Lecturer in Jewellery and Silversmithing School/Support Department: Edinburgh College of Art Unit: School of Design Line manager: Head of School of Design 2. Job Purpose ...
Lecturer In Illustration, The University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom, about 13 hours ago
1. Job Details Job title: Lecturer in Illustration School/Support Department: Edinburgh College of Art Unit: School of Design Line manager: Head of School of Design 2. Job Description We are seeki...
Teaching Fellow In Material And Design (Product Design), The University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom, about 14 hours ago
1. Job Details Job title: Teaching Fellow in Material and Design (Product Design) School/Support Department: Edinburgh College of Art Unit: School of Design Line manager: Head of School of Design ...
Senior Teaching Fellow In Design, The University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom, about 15 hours ago
1. Job Details Job title: Senior Teaching Fellow in Design School/Support Department: Edinburgh College of Art Unit: School of Design Line manager: Head of School of Design 2. Job Purpose The post...
Data Scientist In Cancer Health Data Science, The University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom, about 14 hours ago
Further Particulars 1. Job Details Job title: Data Scientist in Cancer Health Data Science Deanery/Support Dept: Molecular, Genetic and Population Health Sciences / Usher Institute Unit: ...