Salary: Competitive Salary
Post Type: Full Time
Closing Date: 23.59 hours BST on Sunday 11 June 2023
Come and join the Surrey Institute for People-Centered Artificial Intelligence (PAI). Work with our inspiring colleagues to shape the future of AI. The Institute represents a significant step towards a future in which trustworthy, responsible and inclusive AI brings positive change for all. This pan-University Institute brings together Surrey’s strength in pioneering AI foundations for over 30 years with leading expertise in arts, social, health and engineering sciences to address key global challenges for individuals and society. We are growing further and are looking to recruit two exceptional candidates who will join the School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering as well as the Surrey Institute for People-Centred AI.
The appointed candidates will be outstanding research leaders with high levels of integrity, a collaborative attitude and a desire to bring their expertise to the benefit of the other team members. This role is Professor in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence aligned to Nature Inspired Computing and Engineering (NICE) research group. Find out more about the group here
The appointments are to provide research leadership within the School’s AI and Machine Learning activity. The successful candidate aligned to NICE is expected to have expertise in; Computational Intelligence (Optimisation Algorithms and Computational Modelling), Natural Language Processing and Data Science is desirable.
The role responsibility:
- Establishment and leadership of major research activities, initiating new areas of research, attracting funding and delivering impact.
- Sustaining published research findings in primary international forums.
- Planning, co-ordinating and managing a significant programme of research.
- Supporting the work of colleagues and doctoral students.
- Leading innovative research proposals, submitting collaborative funding bids, winning support and planning the research to be taken.
- Contributing to teaching leadership and delivery at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Engaging in external academic activities in accordance with the Institute, School and faculty’s research strategy at a national level and international level.
Essential Skills Required
- A proven track record in academic leadership with a track record in securing external research grant income.
- World-class research performance including an exceptional and continuing publication record in a related field.
- Evidence of scholarly contributions to conferences and societies at an international level and other external activities.
- Evidence of delivering high-quality, inspirational teaching at undergraduate and continuous improvement of modules/units.
For a full list refer to the candidate pack.
We offer a generous pension, relocation assistance, flexible working options including job share and blended home/campus working (dependent on work duties). Find out more about our benefits here
The University of Surrey is committed to providing an inclusive environment that offers equal opportunities for all. We place great value on diversity and are seeking to increase the diversity within our community. Therefore we particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups, such as people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups and people with disabilities and any additional access requirements, and will ensure you have appropriate support in place throughout the process.
How to apply
With your application, please attach a full CV and complete the form evidencing how you meet the essential criteria. We encourage applications from UK as well as non-UK nationals.
For further information, Professor Ferrante Neri, Head of the NICE (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Closing deadline 23:59 Sunday 11th June 2023
Interview (Guildford) Friday 30th June 2023.
Further details: Job Description
Assistant Professor, Mossakowski Medical Research Institute, Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland, 24 days ago
6 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Mossakowski Medical Research Institute, Polish Academy of Sciences Department Department of Human Epigenetics Research Field Medical sciences » Medi...
Site Reliability Engineer (W/M), EPFL, Switzerland, about 20 hours ago
EPFL, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, is one of the most dynamic university campuses in Europe and ranks among the top 20 universities worldwide. The EPFL employs more than ...
Lab Assistant Dtu Chemical Engineeirng (Part Time), Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 24 days ago
We are looking for a Lab Assistant (227-ground floor) to spend few hours per week cleaning the glassware in our laboratories and maintaining our consumables stock. The job Your primary responsibil...
Research Engineer In Neuroendocrine Cell Biology (Pa2023/2982) , University of Lund, Sweden, about 22 hours ago
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top universities. The University has around 45 000 students and more than 8 000 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and ...
Teaching Support , Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 17 days ago
We are looking for teaching support for two courses of the MSc Robotics: ME41106 Intelligent Vehicles RO47004 Machine Perception The Intelligent Vehicles group investigates and develops state-of-t...
Production Engineer, ETH, Switzerland, 23 days ago
PRODUCTION ENGINEER (Switzerland and EU) As a Production Engineer, you will be responsible for rapidly growing the production of our innovative mobile battery products. You will join the journey o...