We are seeking an experienced postdoctoral researcher to form the core team for the ERC-funded REF-MIG project, led by the Principal Investigator (PI), Dr Cathryn Costello, based at the Oxford Department of International Development, Queen Elizabeth House, Oxford. The post is fixed-term for 1 year and is to commence as soon as possible.
The researcher will work collaboratively with the PI and other members of the research group to accomplish the aims of the REF-MIG project. In particular, you will undertake desk-based and field-based research into the role of international organisations and other non-state actors in global refugee and migration regimes, empirical research (both qualitative and quantitative) and archival research, in order to accomplish the various project goals. As well as the preparation of research publications and presenting papers at appropriate scholarly conferences, stakeholder gatherings and other meetings.
Applicants must have:
• a doctorate in politics, international relations, sociology, law, or similar discipline, or evidence that a doctorate is imminently expected;
• demonstrated expertise in the empirical study of international organisations, norms, legal processes and institutions, using a range of methods, both qualitative (including archival research) and quantitative;
• excellent empirical research skills and experience, ideally demonstrated in previous publications and participation in research projects examining legal processes and/or international organisations and institutions;
• a proven ability to manage own independent research and associated activities;
• previous scholarly publications at the highest level, commensurate with experience;
• excellent presentation and communication skills;
• ability, willingness and commitment to work in a multidisciplinary team;
• excellent communication skills in English, including the ability to write for publication, present research proposals and results, and represent the research project
• demonstrated knowledge of and interest in the global migration and refugee regimes, in particular the roles of international organisations therein, in light of the recently adopted Global Compacts and attendant institutional changes.
Applications for this vacancy are to be made online; you will be required to upload a CV and supporting statement which explains how you meet the selection criteria for the post.
The closing date for applications is 12.00 noon on 17 July 2019.
Postdoctoral Researcher, Smart Local Energy Systems (2 Posts), Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom, about 21 hours ago
The Faculty of Technology Design and Environment is recruiting for fixed-term Postdoctoral Researchers (2 posts) for 30 months starting from 1st October 2019 or sooner. The overall purpose of the ...
Senior Nursing Research Fellow, Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
Clinical academic opportunity. We are looking for a doctoral level nurse to apply for this exciting clinical academic opportunity as a Senior Nursing Research Fellow. The postholder will work acro...
Researcher In Residential Energy Demand (2 Posts), Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom, about 21 hours ago
The Faculty of Technology, Design and Environment is recruiting for 2 fixed-term Researchers in Residential Energy Demand for 27 months starting from 1st October 2019 or sooner. The overall purpos...
Research Fellow In Civil Or Structural Engineering, Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom, about 21 hours ago
The primary role of the Research Fellow in Civil or Structural Engineering is to undertake research independently and contribute to on-going research in new product development and system enhancem...
Postdoctoral Training Fellow In Auditory Genetics Mrc 1134 , Medical Research Council, United Kingdom, about 11 hours ago
View Vacancy -- Postdoctoral Training Fellow in Auditory Genetics - MRC 1134 Open Date 29/07/2019, 14:00 Close Date 08/09/2019, 23:55 Research Institute MRC Mammalian Genetics Unit Research Inst...
Postdoctoral Training Fellow In Auditory Genetics Mgu 1133 , Medical Research Council, United Kingdom, about 11 hours ago
View Vacancy -- Postdoctoral Training Fellow in Auditory Genetics - MGU 1133 Open Date 29/07/2019, 11:00 Close Date 08/09/2019, 23:55 Research Institute MRC Mammalian Genetics Unit Research Inst...